APA Hosts Strike Preparedness Summit

They live in there own little world where the Airlines are making Billions a year.

Would this be the same world where the would be provided free internet access in crew hotels and a higher boarding priority for them and their families, because they are the next best thing under the VP's??...

Yeah that world...

uh-huh, laugh now and if and when they do get a great contract I hope you guys won't be bitchin and whining about your own contract, crying all over the internet forums "But why did the pilots get this...why did the pilot get that??!"

At least their union is being proactive and doing something unlike everyone else who just sit on their butts and complain. What is YOUR Union doing?

Is it any wonder why it seems the pilots always get the Best contract and we're left with the crumbs?

instead of mocking any actions done by any workgroup, why can't we just support them in their effort?

Yes, I know it's fun to laugh and joke about a pilot's ego and narcissism but at the end of the day he who fights for what they think they deserve gets more than the guy who sits behind a PC monitor and whine about what they don't have all day long.

uh-huh, laugh now and if and when they do get a great contract I hope you guys won't be bitchin and whining about your own contract, crying all over the internet forums "But why did the pilots get this...why did the pilot get that??!"

At least their union is being proactive and doing something unlike everyone else who just sit on their butts and complain. What is YOUR Union doing?

Is it any wonder why it seems the pilots always get the Best contract and we're left with the crumbs?

instead of mocking any actions done by any workgroup, why can't we just support them in their effort?

Yes, I know it's fun to laugh and joke about a pilot's ego and narcissism but at the end of the day he who fights for what they think they deserve gets more than the guy who sits behind a PC monitor and whine about what they don't have all day long.

Being proactive is one thing...demanding a 50+% payraise, with the Super Bowl as a paid holiday, and a 6% per year increase from there is something completely different. I don't know how you all learned how to negotiate, but the way it works is you provide an offer that does not live in the world of insanity, and then when the other side tries to low ball it, you work out a compromise... call me crazy but that is how things get done, not by screaming at mid-level managers and MD's about how you are the best thing since sliced bread.

Being proactive is one thing...demanding a 50+% payraise, with the Super Bowl as a paid holiday, and a 6% per year increase from there is something completely different. I don't know how you all learned how to negotiate, but the way it works is you provide an offer that does not live in the world of insanity, and then when the other side tries to low ball it, you work out a compromise... call me crazy but that is how things get done, not by screaming at mid-level managers and MD's about how you are the best thing since sliced bread.

Hey, you just make sure you have a "me too" clause in your contract..lol

Ever hear of wet leasing? Pilots can be replaced, too.

That term, "wet leasing", I had always understood to mean a per-hour rate with fuel included, most often reserved for someone wanting a small Cessna or similar airplane for a few hours to build up time.

Good point though and unfortunately it may well come to that depending on the number of AA pilots actually as pissed as Hill would have all believe.

Granted - planes don't go anywhere without a pilot or two in attendance but there seems to be quite a few of them out there with nothing to do.

Ever tried to run a airline without pilots? Everyone else can be replaced, ie farmed out.

I cannot help but wonder how many out of work pilots there are willing to fly for 75% or 50% of what the current crowd is flying for.

My guess is that in 10-20 years, pilot staffing could be as easy as calling Merry Maids or AccountTemps....

Would this be the same world where the would be provided free internet access in crew hotels and a higher boarding priority for them and their families, because they are the next best thing under the VP's??...

Yeah that world...

Yes, internet access would be nice. Having some intel and a way to contact the company when they're trying to field 900 calls would be nice. Shooting off an email with info regarding improvement of an operational topic would be nice. Reading operational bulletins and updates on a 50-100 million dollar piece of equipment would be nice. Getting internet updates on a volcano eruption cloud before departure would be nice, especially when you get "oh really? when calling dispatch about it in the air. Updating security info and receiving the latest up to date security info would be nice. Having the latest access to notams and weather info would be nice. Checking the MEL's of your inbound aircraft would be nice. Checking basic route/weather info before leaving the hotel would be nice.

All of the above things help make the operation run more smoothly. At hotels where internet access is available for free, I have done most of the above. At hotels where it isn't available, I take my time at the gate with my 60 minutes available, and basically shake my head each time a flight is delayed and passengers (non-revs too) and cargo are left at the gate when prior knowledge could have gotten people on.

The Luddites here will never figure it out.

As for the statement:
"and a higher boarding priority for them and their families, because they are the next best thing under the VP's??..."

I would have to ask, are you really that ignorant about the subject? It would appear that you have an almost childlike grasp of the issue from what, 10 years ago?

In your world I guess it's OK.

Bye

Latest posts