APA went TWU on is members - LCC/APA deal

AAviator

Veteran
Nov 12, 2002
Well, now that the details have been released about the T/A with LCC management, efforts are underway to stop the TA in its current form in its tracks.

On May 7th, in closed session, the APA leadership unceremoniously stripped the APA membership from their right to vote on any new TA's.

This only came public a short while ago.

As the details, or "Term Sheet" were made public, due to many "no way in hell" aspects of the TA, members have voiced their opposition to the deal.

While over 7500 pilots signed a "No confidence in AMR management" petition, many were shell shocked that they lots their right to vote on the agreement.

Efforts are underway to overturn the boards actions in removing individuals rights to vote.. We are within the 100 day abeyance period to do so and a formal campaign is being finalized.

Well, now that the details have been released about the T/A with LCC management, efforts are underway to stop the TA in its current form in its tracks.

On May 7th, in closed session, the APA leadership unceremoniously stripped the APA membership from their right to vote on any new TA's.

This only came public a short while ago.

As the details, or "Term Sheet" were made public, due to many "no way in hell" aspects of the TA, members have voiced their opposition to the deal.

While over 7500 pilots signed a "No confidence in AMR management" petition, many were shell shocked that they lots their right to vote on the agreement.

Efforts are underway to overturn the boards actions in removing individuals rights to vote.. We are within the 100 day abeyance period to do so and a formal campaign is being finalized.

Considering the magnitude of this (if true), it seems as though someone got paid off. How would the judge like to see the payment accounted for in the monthly filings?

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9218]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9458]

Actually Frank,
We "Got 'em" the last time they did this. During the Lloyd Hill years, the BOD stripped the membership of their right to vote for National Officers. When it became public, we utilized the same tools available to us and over turned their actions. The time frame here is a little more compressed, but I hope we get the same results.

BTW, have you seen your LCC term sheet?

Actually Frank,
We "Got 'em" the last time they did this. During the Lloyd Hill years, the BOD stripped the membership of their right to vote for National Officers. When it became public, we utilized the same tools available to us and over turned their actions. The time frame here is a little more compressed, but I hope we get the same results.

BTW, have you seen your LCC term sheet?
Yessir - I certainly have.

The members cant vote on a T/A with LCC, because they are not employees of US, nor has there been a formal CBA negotiated, its a MOU.

Its a new CBA. Members had the right to vote on it. They no longer do.

Do you not understand, its not a new CBA, its a MOU, you are not owned by US nor are you employees of US.

There is no merger yet.

Show me where legally you can vote on an MOU when you are not even employed by a company.

An MOU is a Memorandum of Understanding, not a CBA.

Do you not understand, its not a new CBA, its a MOU, you are not owned by US nor are you employees of US.

There is no merger yet.

Show me where legally you can vote on an MOU when you are not even employed by a company.

An MOU is a Memorandum of Understanding, not a CBA.

Actually its being called, "Conditional Labor and Plan of Restructuring Agreement"

It is binding.

APA has made the moves to eliminate membership approval of and new CBA.

The membership is moving to restore the members rights to vote on it.

Reactions: 1 person
You just dont get it do you?

You are not employees of US, therefore its not a CBA, and there is nothing to vote on.

You are employees of AA with an exsisting CBA.

Is that too hard to understand?

I get it... APA leadership has crafted a new CBA.. Call it what ever you want. While we are currently employed at AA, the new language will be our new CBA should LCC's POR become effective. In multiple places, the terms "NEW CBA" are employed..

My point is: APA has recently removed the memberships ability to vote on our CBA's.

There will, at some point in the future, a new CBA. At this point in time, we have no say in it. We aim to reverse the moves made by our leadership to deny the membership of our right to vote on any new CBA.

Get it?

Its not a new CBA, its an MOU and it lays the ground work for a Transition Agreement, you will work under your current AA CBA, what ever the terms are until a T/A is negotiated and voted on, then a single CBA will be negotiated and voted on.

Do you not understand how the process works?

Its not a new CBA, its an MOU and it lays the ground work for a Transition Agreement, you will work under your current AA CBA, what ever the terms are until a T/A is negotiated and voted on, then a single CBA will be negotiated and voted on.

Do you not understand how the process works?

Yes, I understand it.

APA has added language that allows the BOD to by-pass the membership and accept a proffer of binding arbitration, thus removing the membership from the equation. 700, I don't doubt your understanding of the process. I do think your claim to know the mechanism of our governance is a bit reaching...

Reactions: 2 people

Probably the same place where it says Company A can offer a MOU (or contract framework, whatever) to employees of Company B. If it's ok for US to make an offer to AA pilots, it should be ok for the AA pilots to vote on that offer. Or are you suggesting that only US pilots should be able to vote on the offer to AA pilots, even though the offer doesn't apply to US pilots.

Jim

The union has power of attorney, once there is a merger, the members will vote on it, its an MOU that lays the ground work for negotiations, just like APA, USAPA and US have all ready held merger talks last week.