APFA National Officers Election

Will you re-elect APFA President John Ward, APFA Secretary Linda Lanning and APFA Treasurer Juan Joh

• NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LiveInAHotel

Veteran
Nov 5, 2003
Visit site
How can anyone vote to re-elect these fools who sold the APFA membership out to AA? Remember they violated our APFA Constitution by not allowing us 30 days to ratify the concessions (they gave us 15 days). They extended the vote an extra 24 hours after we voted NO on the concessions. Both violate the APFA Constitution!

APFA Vice President Jeff Bott, is not running for re-election.

Rock Solomon for APFA President!

And if you want more reasons, read the testimony of J. Ward and the AA Dir Labor Relations in the TWA F/As attempt to get an injunction.

The resolution allowing APFA to shorten the balloting period (1A, on 3/19) was actually presented by Jeff Bott and seconded by Liz Mallon. You can blame Ward for the ballot extension at the end, but remember it was Jeff Bott and the yellow bellied BOD that wanted the balloting shortened.

I know the upcoming national officer vote is important, but as far as i am concerned, we need to clean house with the BOD and soon! I want strong leadership from TOP to BOTTOM!

s80dude said:
I know the upcoming national officer vote is important, but as far as i am concerned, we need to clean house with the BOD and soon! I want strong leadership from TOP to BOTTOM!
Yeah, but remember the base chairs constitute the BOD, and most run unopposed. I talked at length one day with the JFK base chair. She says that she has wanted to give up the chair position for several years, but can't get anyone to run for the office.

A lot of f/a's like to complain, but very few are willing to step up and run for office. As I am on furlough, I don't have access to the secure areas of the airport--like Ops--where most of the campaigning takes place.

However you want to see it, J Ward and crew have brought on a flurry of lawsuits and divided the membership into polarized camps. It would appear that some union positions are thought of as lifetime employment. You really need some new leadership.

Make sure to know who your voting for. Sometimes the Devil you know is better than the devils you don't know. Rumor has it some canidates have stated that they support some sort of integration of TWA f/a seniority. PROTECT YOUR SENIORITY!!!!!!

MiAAmi said:
Better to bankrupt the union than to have any seniority loss. I would be willing to give more in union dues to fight for seniority.
:lol: Spoken like a true "unionist"-NOT. You'd be on the streets without a union and you are close to it now if you align with the Devil. Glad you are out for #ONE!
Typical.....

You're falling into Ward's trap if you make this election about TWA. This same scare tactic was used during the cram down and you're falling for it again. How easy you forget! :huh: You really are an easy target for Ward. TWA will be handled in the court system, not by this election.

This election needs to be about cleaning house. Those currently holding office at APFA are corrupt. They have placed APFA and the AA F/A on the bottom of the labor list with concern to our share of the pie at AA. We are seen as an easy target because of Ward. He needs to go-PERIOD. And all of his cronies too!

I have to second that. It is unlikely that there will be a re-visit to the seniority issue unless the whole BOD approves. That is unlikely until the court case moves along or unless the membership made a large issue out of it. Making the seniority issue the central issue is just playing into J. Ward's game plan of using fear and anxiety to get himself re-elected.
There are many other issues that are crying for solution including several suits by nAAtive F/As. That the issues that are really important to getting a better union are covered up or obsecured by the issue of TWA F/A seniority is just a way of maintaing the status quo in the leadership department.

Are there any websites for TWA APFA candidates? Based on their entire platform, I would be willing to vote for them. I believe they know what true unionism is all about. I will not let arguments over seniority influence my decision. APFA needs radical change - it needs to stop being the base of all this greediness I got mine screw everyone else attitude. AMR has abused us for years and then we turn around and abuse fellow F/A's - shameful. So if there are any TW sites - please post them.

ChiSprings - nAAtive ORD

I will check chisprings, but I do not think so at the moment. They have their own board on myfamily and nAAtive F/As have theirs on 4m. It is unfortunate APFA closed their website because there was a lot of dialogue between the two groups there.