APFA president responds to Glenn Beck

usa1

Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
“Beck said a flight attendant fawned over other passengers but spoke only one word to him, and slammed a can of soda on his tray without opening it as he did for others.”

The story also quoted Beck as saying the flight attendant “loudly told other passengers ‘how he was so proud of the very liberal cities in America.’”

http://aviationblog....lenn-beck.html/

Doesn't LG have a duty to represent the FA and protect no matter what the "investigation" reveals? I thought FAs were there for our safety, not to provide "courteous and professional service" in Glading's words.

Josh

Yes.

All union members have the right to equal representation/due process under the law. With my last post I was referring to her using the same media platform to speak up against Beck.

Reactions: 2 people
The FAs are absolutely there to provide a service. Getting your butt out of an airplane is the first responsibility but any FA in the US who doesn't cut it on service will not survive.

There are two sides to the story - and perceptions of how one is treated are highly subjective. But if the oud comment that was supposedly made in the presence of other passengers actually existed, the chances are very high that Beck will win.

Regardless of the accuracy of what happened or not, anyone who can't figure out they will lose when you tangle with people of the media are doomed.

Add in that AA employees are working in a pressurized situation which is bound to result in bad customer service events, and we will likely see plenty of these types of stories in the weeks and months ahead.

It is too early to know what really happened... but there are some principles that need to be understood - and when those principles are violated, we shouldn't be surprised at the results.

There are two ways to be fooled.
One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to accept what is true.

Soren Kierkegaard

I find it hard to believe that if Beck's story is true that we won't hear from other passengers aboard the same flight. I'm sure AA is also pinging them for input. Somehow I find it hard to believe a Beck would risk generating a story like this without reason, even though I find it equally difficult to listen to anything he normally says.

“The APFA will not allow Mr. Beck, or anyone else for that matter, to use a bully pulpit to jeopardize the livelihood of an American worker."

Someone should explain to Laura that it's the paying customer that allows the american worker to have a livelihood in the first place.

---- Somehow I find it hard to believe a Beck would risk generating a story like this without reason, even though I find it equally difficult to listen to anything he normally says.

Did you see him describing the incident on his website?

The guy is nuts, always has been. I was surprised that he didn't end that telecast with a stream of tears about how horrible it sounded to have been told: "Breakfast?"

It's a shame that people give him airtime, but hey, they gave Hitler airtime too, and a whole nation followed and supported him.

I would love to spill

Did you see him describing the incident on his website?

The guy is nuts, always has been. I was surprised that he didn't end that telecast with a stream of tears about how horrible it sounded to have been told: "Breakfast?"

It's a shame that people give him airtime, but hey, they gave Hitler airtime too, and a whole nation followed and supported him.
Hitler now?

Is that all the left has?

Reactions: 1 person
Glenn Beck is no idiot, but he is a scumbag. He has not been in the spotlight lately and seems to have fabricated a couple of stories about how the "Subhuman" liberals have treated him. It gave him some press too and now it's being talked about. Don't you think it's a little bit funny that his wife didn't notice anything wrong with the way he was treated? If you can see where these guys (Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh) exaggerate the facts of any issue to cater to their audience. He doesn't like being treated like a "subhuman" but he and all his like believe that anyone who disagrees with them is subhuman. Anyone who believes what this jackleg says needs to be pee tested.

Reactions: 3 people
Hitler now?

Is that all the left has?
Hey Buck. The "Left" has the 40 hour work week, child labor laws, social security, medicare, etc. The "Right" has right to work laws, workman's comp reform, lower taxes for the "job creators", the trickle down theory, savings and loan bailout, and who can forget that the terms "Corporate Raider" and "Leveraged Buyout" that were born during Ronald Reagan's administration who also brought us Iran Contra.
If you think for one second that any Republican has your interest in mind you are naive. You, as a working man, do not have a party. The GOP has declared war on all working people and the Dems have become the party of the non-working man. But if you want to vote for people who would love to see you working for minimum wage, then have at it. Look at the state of Oklahoma and you see what happens when you let the "right" control things. It's kind of like voting yes on a contract that pays wages less than what we made over 10 years ago and less benefits than any other work group on the property.

Reactions: 7 people
Pretty sad when the best president we have had in my lifetime (I was born in the Ike administration) is best known for getting a B.J. from a fat chick in the white house and stabbing unions in the back with NAFTA. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." hahahaha

Pretty sad when the best president we have had in my lifetime (I was born in the Ike administration) is best known for getting a B.J. from a fat chick in the white house and stabbing unions in the back with NAFTA. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." hahahaha
I hear you Bro!
+1
B) xUT

OK but to put the company in such a position, makes me wonder if the employee has his best interest in his own position.

I am not a fan of Beck, but as a paying passenger I would have just done the service by the book, no more no less. I would not have given him any ammunition to use against AA. I think most AA fas would have done the same. He seems very angry and immature on his show. Our primary responsibility is safety but there is no need to lower yourself to his (Becks) standards. I hope the fa doesnt get fired over this, but AA will probably try. The best way to treat these arrogant types is to pretend you dont know who they are! That would have probably pissed him off more than anything.

Reactions: 4 people