APFA shows it's true colors toward former TWA

STAAPLED

Jul 7, 2006
This disgusting post showed up yesterday in one of the AA Flight Attendant's fourms. It is written by an APFA representative and is now all over the internet. I'm ready to bet that this person is now in some very serious legal and company trouble.

"Thu Jul 6, 2006

Everyone needs to keep in mind
that until all of the
TWA recall rights expire...
that another Union...especially
one that is AFL-CIO affiliated
like AFA that recognizes the
provisions of Allegheny-Mohawk
could insist that the TWA folks
be merged into our seniority roster.

While we won the court case here
at AA...and it's "over and done"
as long as APFA remains our bargaining
agent, please remember, that as an
independent union, we are not required
to acknowledge or adopt the provisions
contained in the Allegheny-Mohawk case.

Other Unions DO recognize and enforce
Allegheny-Mohawk type provisions.

So while unlikely, any suggestion of a
merger with another Union should be
approached very cautiously...for obvious
reasons.

The "trade unionists" running APFA would
sell out our membership in a New York minute
if they thought that they could secure seniority rights
and recall rights for the TWA folks even
if it meant hardship for our nAAtive members.

In my opinion we would be wise to remain
independent (APFA) at least until the recall
rights of ALL the TWA people expire.

Before Tony accuses me of further "scare tactics"
on this "closed issue"...remember it's not really
over and done until the Fat Lady Sings...and she
won't sing until the last recall right expires.

J** N****
IDF"

<_< ----- "If" the Michigan TWA Seniority law suit goes in our favor, even though it has to do with the FSC work group, it will set a legal prescient that may work in favor of all ex TWA employees! :shock: Now I don't claim to be a lawyer. And I realize this is an uphill struggle, but maybe the "Fat Lady" hasn't song yet!!!--- :p

Just in case recalls don't happen, here's another option:

United is currently hiring for BOS and LAX domiciles and actively recruiting Arabic speakers for the DCA/IAD domicile. You would have to resign from furlough at AA but not unless and until you successfully complete training.

Some language-speakers at IAD are holding an international line after 2 or 3 months. The request for Arabic speakers is to staff the new Kuwait trip which begins operating at the end of October. It's only a couple of days a week so there is a 2 or 3 day layover in Kuwait City, which people say is a fascinating place to visit.

There may be former TWA F/As who speak Arabic (perhaps flew the Cairo/Riyadh trips) and are ready for a new challenge. Please let them know that United welcomes any and all former TWA F/As! We already have a couple flying out of IAD and ORD, and they seem to be doing great.

Go to www.united.com and click on "About United" at the top of the page, then select "careers". The application process starts online - no cattle calls. If you are successful they will fly you to Chicago for a face-to-face interview. Good luck!

<_< ----- "If" the Michigan TWA Seniority law suit goes in our favor, even though it has to do with the FSC work group, it will set a legal prescient that may work in favor of all ex TWA employees! :shock: Now I don't claim to be a lawyer. And I realize this is an uphill struggle, but maybe the "Fat Lady" hasn't song yet!!!--- :p

That lawsuit's next venue would have to be in a Federal Court because FEDERALLY APPOINTED MEDIATOR ALREADY DECIDED ON THE TWU/IAM SENIORITY!

You cannot have a Michigan MAGISTRATE overturN a federally recognized decisIon!

FEDERALLY APPOINTED MEDIATOR RULED ON THIS!

IAM AND TWU AGREEED TO BINDING ARBITRATION!

That lawsuit's next venue would have to be in a Federal Court because FEDERALLY APPOINTED MEDIATOR ALREADY DECIDED ON THE TWU/IAM SENIORITY!

You cannot have a Michigan MAGISTRATE overturn a federally recognized decision!
FEDERALLY APPOINTED MEDIATOR RULED ON THIS!

AIM AND TWU AGREED TO BINDING ARBITRATION!
<_< Hopeful---- Like I said, I'm not a lawyer, but,if what you say is true, why hasn't the Judge thrown out the case? And from what I understand, it has been an on going Case for some time now!I really don't know the particulars of the case so you won't get an argument out of me on this one. All I do know is this one will go to Jury on Oct.2ed! And it may, or may not, effect other work groups!

<_< Hopeful---- Like I said, I'm not a lawyer, but,if what you say is true, why hasn't the Judge thrown out the case? And from what I understand, it has been an on going Case for some time now!I really don't know the particulars of the case so you won't get an argument out of me on this one. All I do know is this one will go to Jury on Oct.2ed! And it may, or may not, effect other work groups!

Good Luck TWAers - I wish you guys would get your jobs back - IT is a DISGRACE to all F/A's for AA stews to show these nasty colors of the red white and blue - But the best thing to look at is this saying " what goes around comes around" and it will - then you can sit back and laugh - I have a feeling AA wil be the odd man out on the next round of consalidations - too much dirty laundry and not enough detergent to think about putting it in the wash - My guess is AA will go from #1 to #3 in the next couple of years - unless they use those wonderful pensions to get the employees to take a few more rounds of paycuts to keep them out of BK ... Sit back and relax - their time is coming...

Good Luck TWAers - I wish you guys would get your jobs back - IT is a DISGRACE to all F/A's for AA stews to show these nasty colors of the red white and blue - But the best thing to look at is this saying " what goes around comes around" and it will - then you can sit back and laugh - I have a feeling AA wil be the odd man out on the next round of consalidations - too much dirty laundry and not enough detergent to think about putting it in the wash - My guess is AA will go from #1 to #3 in the next couple of years - unless they use those wonderful pensions to get the employees to take a few more rounds of paycuts to keep them out of BK ... Sit back and relax - their time is coming...

Don't count your chickens before they have hatched! AA & CO are in the best financial shape out of the legacy carriers. AA has over $5 BILLION, yes BILLION cash on hand. I still think UA is going to be left out in the cold. AA/NW and CO/DL are my guesses for acquisitions or mergers.

===========================================================

"goodgirl37",
You really need to put that CRACK PIPE down, because you're halucinating(SP?) !!!

Like someone just said, AA IS the #1 airline in the World, plus, the little matter of them having $5.5B at their disposal !!

For the record, I for one, advocated a "ratio" for all TWU union people, and "to a certain extent" that IS what happened, except for the F/A's.

Since the very early 80's, and continuing thru the CRANDALL era, AA is like a cat with 9 lives !

Having COMPANY unions at your disposal, will ensure, that "you WILL land on your feet, every time" !!

NH/BB's

===========================================================

"goodgirl37",
You really need to put that CRACK PIPE down, because you're halucinating(SP?) !!!

Like someone just said, AA IS the #1 airline in the World, plus, the little matter of them having $5.5B at their disposal !!

For the record, I for one, advocated a "ratio" for all TWU union people, and "to a certain extent" that IS what happened, except for the F/A's.

Since the very early 80's, and continuing thru the CRANDALL era, AA is like a cat with 9 lives !

Having COMPANY unions at your disposal, will ensure, that "you WILL land on your feet, every time" !!

NH/BB's

and NH/BB you know what they say - the bigger they are the harder they fall - Yes they have 5.5billion in the bank but AA has a huge debt load and pension payments they need to make, I have many friends there so I wish them all the best - but I too see it very odd that the cash load goes up along with debt.... It means debt is not getting paid and they are waiting to see what happens at NWA and DELTA... However, AA doesn't have one thing that NWA and UAL does and that is ASIA - no matter how big you are, that is what you lack and are salivating over.... If it is up to the USAir CEO - AA will have nothing to do with the NWA situation if they need a dancing partner and I believe as well UAl will end up with DAL and CAL and AA will go at it alone - Since they are the 2 carriers doing the best right now... Either way what goodyyytwoshoes girl said is true - ALL Arpey has to do is say "Oh i think we need to file BK and dump the pensions or we are going to go down the tubes" REACTION - CONCESSIONS - They want those pensions - but in the end you will give concession after concession and it may still not be enough - therefore BK anyway and even lower wages - hmmm that won't be good...When all is said and done - most of the money is WELL spent on backpayments....... Thats not 5.5 unrestricted cash.....

donttouchthebeauty said:
Thats not 5.5 unrestricted cash.....

AA announced a few weeks ago that it ended the second quarter with more than $5.5 billion in total cash including about $500 million in restricted cash. So AA currently has more than $5.0 billion in unrestricted cash.

Attention Moderator

Can you please create a forum for TWA ranting. It seems to me no matter what topic is started on the AA board some one from TWA will come in and start crying about what AA did to its Flight Attendants.

Yawwnnnnnnnnnnnnn

It is getting old. Move on get over it. IMO when you are purchased ....merged or what ever the people working at the carrier that did the take over should be above anyone in seniority at the airline that was absorbed.

Just my opinion.

I have alot of friends and three relatives that have been laid off as TWA flight Attendants. It was not a good thing AA should have never dipped their hands into that airline. I am sure by how great you all say TWA is you would now be a thriving airline under the watch of the great carl ichan.

So please Moderator create a forum for the employees of defunct airlines and airlines of the past so they can all get together and blame their problems on others

Why is passing on truthful information disgusting? Yes, the APFA recognizes former TWA flight attendants as members now, but that wasn't the case when the seniority was being worked out.

Of course your bitter LITTLE mind would leap at the chance to try to drum up one more lawsuit in your lost cause crusade. As a union member I find it useful when people who have knowledge of things that concern me pass that knowledge on.