APFA votes raise for Officers

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
RUMOR ALERT!

I was told today that the APFA Board has voted a raise for the National Officers (I don't know if the board members--aka, base chairpersons--are also receiving a raise.) Their justification is that somehow under the new "contract", they are unable to pick up extra trips to make up their loss in income. IIRC, their pay is based on the pay of an International flight attendant flying 100 hours/month (top of scale, I think).

I guess they are talking about their loss of income due to the loss of incentive pay and International differential which they encouraged us to vote FOR in return for the 3% raise. Now, the new TOS is $47.38/hr. Even without incentive pay, that comes to $4738/month or just shy of $57,000/year. There are a lot of f/as flying for a lot less than that who were also hurt by the loss of incentive pay. Or, they have to actually fly 100 hours (or more) in order to earn that much. What about them?

There is nothing on the APFA website about this. (Consider my pearls clutched! :lol:) Can anyone confirm this rumor?

Reactions: 2 people
Jim if you dislike this place so much, why don't you just ride off into the sunset and be done with it? You are getting worse by the day. You need to be happy and it is quite obvious you are not here. Good luck to you.

Reactions: 3 people
And your narrow mind only accepts the idea that if I am happy in my job then I should only be posting sunshine and lollipops? I am extremely happy in my job; so, if you don't like my posts--and they are more addressed to the injustice done to other f/as--put me on ignore. It works beautifully for me on your posts. (Though, it is like a hot stove, I can't resist looking sometimes...like now.)

I can be happy with the crap that's going on because I don't depend upon the paltry income this job provides. It's jam on the bread. What I am furious about is the APFA Board of Directors showing the same contempt for the line f/as that AMR management did when they awarded themselves bonusses with our concession money. May I remind you the APFA officers recommended that we vote FOR the LBFO. And, now they decide they can't financially live with the consequences of that vote? Boo-frickin-hoo.

Reactions: 1 person
So says you. All you are doing is making/passing along rumors. Statements not proven to be fact. Even you said it was a rumor. So once again, you are still getting worse by the day and have no end in sight till you start making sense. Lately all you do is come on here and harp and argue about the most minuscule topics. Once again, good day to you. I see no need in stoking the flames of the perpetually pissed and confused. And thank you for ignoring me, I appreciate it. I see logic doesn't belong in your life. To each their own. If it wasn't for me commenting on your dumb post that is a cry for attention, then no one would have noticed. All that would have done is invite more posts from you screaming about how awfull everything APFA and AA is. Why don't you look for facts instead of making/passing along rumors? Is it too much trouble for you to call the APFA? Or is it just easier to come on here and complain about a rumor and get someone else to do your work for you? Sounds lazy and incompetent to me, just sayin. What me cynical, moi?

Reactions: 2 people