Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Late last night I was working on an airline industry update for another website and I ran a Moreover Technology scan. The scan looks for news articles by keywords and for some reason, provided a link to a foreign message board discussing the closure of the Pittsburgh Maintenance facility.

I did not look at the information close enough and below the post there were hyperlinks to other news story’s, thus I made the mistake of thinking this was a news column.

I apologize for any confusion this has caused and I am glad the moderators closed the thread and removed the hyperlink.

If have since looked at the post and it appears the information was cut and pasted from a news story. Apparently, the reporter likely understands US Airways rejected the Pittsburgh facility lease during its first bankruptcy filing, the Company singed a 3-year lease with a one-year exit clause on January 5, 2004 (that expires shortly), the company currently is outsourcing A330 and A320 heavy maintenance, the airline would like to replace its B737 fleet, the company is seeking to outsource more maintenance if it can be done less expensively than a contractor, and the airline told the bankruptcy court it expects to save $40 million by closing a maintenance center.

Regardless, I apologize for any confusion I created by not looking closer at the Moreover link.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts