Arbitration Decision FLEX VACATION

AA-MRO.COM

Senior
Mar 12, 2012
More crap from the company and a biased arbitrator.
I am completely unbiased I do not buy FLEX

This arbitrator states the majority of 70000 employee's should no longer get flex because the minority of 45000 people (USair) do not get it. So instead of honoring the contractual language of FLEX vacation the decision is made to go with the minority that do not have it so no one gets it. Un fucen believable

THANK GOD I HAVE PLENTY OF SICK TIME

AA-MRO.COM said:
More crap from the company and a biased arbitrator.
I am completely unbiased I do not buy FLEX

This arbitrator states the majority of 70000 employee's should no longer get flex because the minority of 45000 people (USair) do not get it. So instead of honoring the contractual language of FLEX vacation the decision is made to go with the minority that do not have it so no one gets it. Un fucen believable

THANK GOD I HAVE PLENTY OF SICK TIME

That's supposed to be unbiased? That's not exactly what the Judge said.

Since the Flex Vacation was not contractual, the TWU went with the "past practice" argument. The Judge didn't believe "past practice" was a viable argument. Even if it was, the fact that the merger brought another 45000 employees that in itself was sufficient, in the Judge's opinion, so that the company could makes changes to Flex Vacation even if it was a "past practice."

Flex Arbitration
Company -1
vs
TWU - 0

Next up

Prefund Match
Company
vs
TWU

Followed by

Equity Shares
Former Employees
vs
TWU

AANOTOK said:
Flex Arbitration
Company -1
vs
TWU - 0

Next up

Prefund Match
Company
vs
TWU

Followed by

Equity Shares
Former Employees
vs
TWU
be afraid very afraid......

Reactions: 2 people
AANOTOK said:
Flex Arbitration
Company -1
vs
TWU - 0

Next up

Prefund Match
Company
vs
TWU

Followed by

Equity Shares
Former Employees --LOSE
vs
TWU --WIN

Reactions: 1 person
Look at it this way. IF the TWU wins, you guys get your stock back AND it is worth way more today than when it was issued!

Reactions: 1 person
AANOTOK said:
Flex Arbitration
Company -1
vs
TWU - 0

Next up

Prefund Match
Company
vs
TWU

Followed by

Equity Shares
Former Employees
vs
TWU

AANOTOK – I don’t know how many cases you’ve arbitrated but here’s my view

Flex Vacations Loss: Based on the Arbitrated decision this could have gone either way and the Arbitrator chose to side with the company. As much as we dislike it, it does happen, and I don’t know of anyone who has a 100% win record.

Prefund Match:  The TWU filed a 29D grievance and the case was scheduled but American failed to provide the TWU Attorney with the documents he requested, so the case was postponed prior to the hearing date. I’m sure you have years of experience in these matters, but do you think American might have failed to produce the documents because they might go against their interests. Going forward under these circumstances would be the height of stupidity.

Equity Shares: Some disgruntled early retirees who felt they should get an equity share equal to the remaining active employees who were credited for future concessions they were exposed to sued The TWU.  The TWU Equity Committee comprised of Local Presidents didn’t agree with their viewpoint. The Judge in the case required the TWU to hold back a percentage of equity in the event the early retirees prevailed in court. I believe most of you agree, as I do, with the position taken by the equity committee. The court will make the final decision.

AA-MRO.COM said:
That blue book isn't worth the paper its written on
The contract book is blue now? The best was the 2003 contract with the YELLOW cover. How appropriate that was!

AANOTOK said:
Hope you're right, NYer!

Their lawyers have not made the necessary arguments or have the necessary evidence to make their case.

Realityck said:

AANOTOK – I don’t know how many cases you’ve arbitrated but here’s my view

Flex Vacations Loss: Based on the Arbitrated decision this could have gone either way and the Arbitrator chose to side with the company. As much as we dislike it, it does happen, and I don’t know of anyone who has a 100% win record. --This only had one way to go and that's what was the decision. The Judge clearly states the issue not contractual and therefore an unwindable case.

Prefund Match:  The TWU filed a 29D grievance and the case was scheduled but American failed to provide the TWU Attorney with the documents he requested, so the case was postponed prior to the hearing date. I’m sure you have years of experience in these matters, but do you think American might have failed to produce the documents because they might go against their interests. Going forward under these circumstances would be the height of stupidity. --The TWU case (and the APFA) case were pushed back because there is still no contractual violation. The question about the retiree benefits and the retiree medical Trust is still in the hands and Court of Judge Lane. Unless the Judge gives another extension to the case, and there have been several, the arbitration concerning this won't take place until it has exhausted it's time within the BK Court.

Equity Shares: Some disgruntled early retirees who felt they should get an equity share equal to the remaining active employees who were credited for future concessions they were exposed to sued The TWU.  The TWU Equity Committee comprised of Local Presidents didn’t agree with their viewpoint. The Judge in the case required the TWU to hold back a percentage of equity in the event the early retirees prevailed in court. I believe most of you agree, as I do, with the position taken by the equity committee. The court will make the final decision. --Case will probably be dismissed in January. The only question to this case and the Judge is the "Me Too" portion of the Equity which wasn't directly tied to any concessions given in BK Court. The plaintiffs will probably get nothing, with a remote possibility of getting a judgment equal to 1.7% of the total 4.8% of the Equity.

You make it sound like bob is trying to make himself the lone beacon of hope, while not accomplishing anything.

Bob does more damage by saying the way he THINKS it should rather then the way I hints are.