Arctic Foxes

Charles W.

Senior
Mar 12, 2003
Got a real kick out of reading about the guys fishing for Arctic foxes...

Those little devils are the most frustrating pests that I have ever had to deal with.

Many moons ago two of us spent fifty nine miserable days salvaging one of NWT Airs Gooney birds off Summerset Island and it was a constant battle with those damn foxes, you couldn't leave anything unattended or they would destroy it.

We left a hundred foot extension cord laying on the snow one time before going to sleep...well when we woke up we had one hundred one foot cords.

And the little bastards will eat anything, we even gave them meat saturated with Tobasco Sauce, the only affect we could see was the next day they just dragged their arseholes around on the snow to put out the fire...

Yeh Arctic Foxes they are something else.

We made a pet of a black one and that was a real mistake.. the little prick even wanted to sleep in my Arctic Five Star with me... :rolleyes:

And please, please, please if any of you guys happen to be on the North East part of Sunnerset and find a bunch of wrenches in a Fox den they belong to me.....I will eventually think of the name we gave that little black terror, I didn't dare put a wrench down when he was around because he would grab it and away he would go...ever tried to catch one? :rolleyes:

Eureka !!! I just remembered his name. :up: we called him " useless " :up:

Reverend, Charles W. Ellsworth