Are the Terrorist's at it again

Bizman

Advanced
Jan 20, 2003
Just got this from a friend who is an FFDO. Apparently they get these emails from there own secure web site.

American Airlines Flight 62: A Terrorist Probe?

By Annie Jacobsen in category Dry Runs and Probes, American: Flight 63

The following is an email I received detailing a “serious probe†on board American Airlines flight 62 traveling from Paris to Miami. The information comes to me second-hand — from a trusted source in the field. American Airlines spokesman John Hotard confirmed the incident on flight 62 with me, stating “there was a disturbance on board, it was handled by crew.†I asked Mr. Hotard the status of the men who were detained by FBI. Hotard told me “for security reasons, I can’t comment further.â€

Here it is, unedited:

“This is not meant to scare, but it probably will. Consider yourself informed and warned that the threat is real. This crew reported that they were not prepared that something of this nature could be happening to them.

Flt 62, Paris to MIA [Miami], a few weeks ago. 2 maybe 4 mid-eastern types causing minor disturbance from the get-go. Nothing that the FAs [flight attendants] couldn’t deal with, but, in hindsight, they seemed to be pushing the envelope. Cross-cabin activity, hanging out in the forward galley, complaining about everything, etc. Mid-Atlantic, the FO [First Officer, or Co-Pilot] called to return to the cockpit after his crew-rest break. One of the perps [perpetrators] was in the forward galley, was instructed by a FA to go aft, but didn’t. As the cockpit door opened, another perp suddenly appeared from around the galley, dropped his shoulder into FO while the first one got in the way of the FO’s attempt to block the other…here I’m not certain…so….wait for the movie.

FO (one of our first FFDO’s [Federal Flight Deck Officers*]) was about to pull his flashlight to use as a weapon in a counter attack, but thought better of it not knowing how many more perps he might have to fight, called “lockdown†to the FB [secondary “B†First Officer], inside the cockpit, who slammed the door. As soon as the perps heard the word lockdown, they retreated to their seats.

I’m not doing justice to the story, but, if not an attempt on the cockpit, this was a serious probe.

Crew considered divert, but since the threat diminished and seemed to be contained, they pressed on towards MIA. Flight was met in MIA by FBI, FAMS [Federal Air Marshal Service] (none aboard, by the way), AA [American Airlines] Security suits, etc. During the de-brief, which lasted several hours, the FAMs told the pilots that they would have “dropped†both of the perps with the first shove near the cockpit door. Perps claimed to not understand English, were detained for 4 days and deported, back to Paris, when they are free to attend Sunday school, tell their buddies of their Adventure and plan their next move.

Enjoying the story so far? It’s good we can’t carry guns on Int’l [International] trips, eh?

Upsetting is that we all have to learn of this, by happenstance. Why didn’t you and your last crew know of this? We took a delay yesterday while this FB detailed the entire event to my crew. Believe me, there were no disbelievers that the terrorist threat is real in my crew by the time we boarded.

I’m more than upset that this is still a secret! The FB is a man I’ve flown with often, trust completely and attended FFDO (Federal Flight Deck Officer) training with a year ago January. I hope I’ve presented his story accurately, but am certain that the basic details are very close.

On a separate note, American Airlines flight 63, also traveling from Paris to Miami, was the subject of a thwarted terrorist attack in December of 2001 when “shoe bomber†Richard Reid tried to bring down the aircraft by igniting explosives hidden in his shoes. Reid was later found guilty of terrorism charges in federal court in Massachusetts and sentenced to life in prison.

* Armed Federal Flight Deck Officers are not allowed to carry their guns while flying international routes.

I agree Annie is a nutcase, but there's no doubt in my mind that dry-runs are still being conducted. Without going into specifics, it's pretty well known the 9/11 hijackers were doing dry-runs for several months prior to the actual attacks.

I agree Annie is a nutcase, but there's no doubt in my mind that dry-runs are still being conducted. Without going into specifics, it's pretty well known the 9/11 hijackers were doing dry-runs for several months prior to the actual attacks.

Why in heck would you post something like this on a public forum? There are some things that should be left to internal means of communication.

Why in heck would you post something like this on a public forum? There are some things that should be left to internal means of communication.

eolesen posted nothing that you couldn't find in the Sept 11 Commission Report (available online for free).

If I were the First Class F/A, one of those Bastards would have been "wearing" a pot of scalding HOT coffee,(regular OR decaf....makes no difference)..In Their EYES !!!!!!!!!

(Especially if the crew knew their were no FM's on board)

I know my Co-worker, and former commuter bus rider(when we both were working)...Betty Ong, is probably smiling down, as I type this !!!

NH/BB's

If I were the First Class F/A, one of those Bastards would have been "wearing" a pot of scalding HOT coffee,(regular OR decaf....makes no difference)..In Their EYES !!!!!!!!!

I know my Co-worker, and former commuter bus rider(when we both were working)...Betty Ong, is probably smiling down, as I type this !!!
NH/BB's
If you were the typical first class FA, you would be most likely sitting on a jumpseat intently reading the latest gossip magazine. Odds are the coffee has been sitting so long its irritatingly warm, far from scalding.

She is the free-lance writer who was a passenger on the NW flight where passengers of Middle Eastern nationalities were using the bathrooms in F/C and after the incident, she wrote an article and made herself available to the media.
Thank you.

NH/BB's
Bears, you prove my point, I have said that since 9/11 the traveling public will not be victims ever again, UA93 paxs proved that, the Hero F/As and paxs on Americans flt that Richard Reid was on and so on.
Bears you are way to liberal, acid in the face would have been much better than coffee, but alas the TSA won't have any of that, but you do what you gotta do and use what is at hand, and BTW, to all F/As an empty coffee pot makes an exellent beating device, one shot to the nose and a would be troublemaker will be on the ground.
BTW Bears hows that retirement going, fishing season is just around the corner and I hear trout calling, "come and get me, come and get me, come and get me"

Here's a thread about this nutcase (Annie Jacobsen) and her imagination from pprune (which promptly closed the thread):

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3166491

As one poster there put it, "she makes her living scaring people" and trying to convince everyone that she really did witness a "dry run" by the Syrian band members.

If this had actually happened, mainstream media would have picked it up.

Annie Jacobsen really ought to seek treatment for her mental illness. She makes Cindy Sheehan look completely normal.

I wish it was as simple as that, a coffee pot to the face. But as painful as that can and will be. A person intent on taking down a plane or taking over a plane will be riding on adrenaline. In the aftermath of Richard reid we saw how many people and how much effort to take down one tall scrawny man who was set to die.

A more effective tool in the mean time would be to take security seriously on every flight. To show anyone watching, that this airline and these people will not be victim again. Too bad it is likely to be an after thought when the next terrorist plot unfolds.

I wish it was as simple as that, a coffee pot to the face. But as painful as that can and will be. A person intent on taking down a plane or taking over a plane will be riding on adrenaline. In the aftermath of Richard reid we saw how many people and how much effort to take down one tall scrawny man who was set to die.

A more effective tool in the mean time would be to take security seriously on every flight. To show anyone watching, that this airline and these people will not be victim again. Too bad it is likely to be an after thought when the next terrorist plot unfolds.
Mikey, you also prove my point,"we saw how many people and how much effort", those people/paxs and crew/ refused to be victims, period.
And I said a coffee pot to the nose. And after all wouldn't you think that after a face full of hot coffee/decaf or regular/ that person is going to be bouncing off the seats screaming in pain, just the right time to smack em in the nose, cause a little more confusion in their sick mind and give the crew and paxs a few extra seconds to subdue him/her?