Are you ready to fight , or is all well at Delta ?

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
i know little about delta , i'm trying to surmise your situation . I understand that you’ve been run in a fair manner for a number of years by respectable management ,is that still the case , are your wages decent ? What’s going on over there ? I went to the IAM organizing web cite and read this .

"Anonymous said...
RE: ..... Mr Anderson and his stock contribution to charity .....

The world truly needs generous people and I applaud his efforts at helping those in need, never-the-less. I don't like to see jones'ing over such matters.

I'm not accusing him of donating for attention. He very well might have preferred his donations stay anonymous, most people would. But it still makes me think ..... Wouldn't it just be better to pay a man or woman a wage he can live on for their hard honest days work? Let me tell you.

If you want to see a sight you'll never forget, just look into the eyes of a hard working honest man or woman who has done everything in their power to make an honest living but still needs a handout to make ends meet. That's a broken individual, ashamed, and in total despair.

Really people! Delta management is getting filthy rich while many of our Delta brothers and sisters can't even afford a Thanksgiving turkey. How about that industry standard pay we were promised for pulling this company through bankruptcy? Or maybe we could just get back some of that 46% pay/benefit cut we took. Not going to happen people, LIP SERVICE at it's ever loving best.

We can change things for the better ourselves. So far we've lost a portion of our pay and benefits. True, our paychecks are a well earned sorry pittance from what they used to be, but soon many may loose their jobs and careers in entirety.

Please sign your union cards and send them in.

God bless during this upcoming holiday season."

i know little about delta , i'm trying to surmise your situation . I understand that you’ve been run in a fair manner for a number of years by respectable management ,is that still the case , are your wages decent ? What’s going on over there ? I went to the IAM organizing web cite and read this .

"Anonymous said...
RE: ..... Mr Anderson and his stock contribution to charity .....

The world truly needs generous people and I applaud his efforts at helping those in need, never-the-less. I don't like to see jones'ing over such matters.

I'm not accusing him of donating for attention. He very well might have preferred his donations stay anonymous, most people would. But it still makes me think ..... Wouldn't it just be better to pay a man or woman a wage he can live on for their hard honest days work? Let me tell you.

If you want to see a sight you'll never forget, just look into the eyes of a hard working honest man or woman who has done everything in their power to make an honest living but still needs a handout to make ends meet. That's a broken individual, ashamed, and in total despair.

Really people! Delta management is getting filthy rich while many of our Delta brothers and sisters can't even afford a Thanksgiving turkey. How about that industry standard pay we were promised for pulling this company through bankruptcy? Or maybe we could just get back some of that 46% pay/benefit cut we took. Not going to happen people, LIP SERVICE at it's ever loving best.

We can change things for the better ourselves. So far we've lost a portion of our pay and benefits. True, our paychecks are a well earned sorry pittance from what they used to be, but soon many may loose their jobs and careers in entirety.

Please sign your union cards and send them in.

God bless during this upcoming holiday season."

Dude,
Go back to US, and work hard, so that part of your paycheck can go on to support the Sopranos, so that when you are late, they will save you, when you smack a plane because you had a late night of partying, they'll save you. But remember, the Sopranos like money, and like most of you are finding out at US, they will throw you under the bus, for a few positive space passes (you know, for those important union meetings-golf congregations), their OWN job security, twist it around, and call it concessions needed for YOU to keep your job, while YOU loose pay, benefits, etc. But in the end, do your union dues ever go down?

If this is not true... then why are you "fleet" (we are called ramp because we work it) types trying to get rid of the IAM for the IBEW, or TEAMSTERS, or any other union other than IAM.

you in no way answered my question , so my question still remains ...

Oh and as for the mafia implication I don’t believe that their even active in modern day unions .maybe you need to stop watching so much TV and see what’s going on in the world around you . It makes me sick to my stomach when I see ramp workers at these non union contracted out carriers working their asses off and getting peanuts , there’s an old saying , either you can relate to this or not , but nowadays it seems as if the poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer . Unions are in my opinion a great way to spread democracy ! (and social justice too !)

If any of you delta guys want to know about the issues of the IAM and US AIRWAYS , then you can read it at our message board or click on my profile and go down to KEEP THE IAM . Remember while us airways and the IAM may not be the closest , the IAM does serve other airlines better than us , so don’t assume they wouldn’t work for you .Also I’m not a propaganda machine , you can read what I’ve written and why I advocated for the IAM . I’m a realist .

Oh and as for the mafia implication I don’t believe that their even active in modern day unions .maybe you need to stop watching so much TV and see what’s going on in the world around you . It makes me sick to my stomach when I see ramp workers at these non union contracted out carriers working their asses off and getting peanuts , there’s an old saying , either you can relate to this or not , but nowadays it seems as if the poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer . Unions are in my opinion a great way to spread democracy ! (and social justice too !)

Freedom,

From http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/orgcrime/lcnindex.htm

Labor racketeering has become one of La Cosa Nostra’s fundamental sources of profit, national power, and influence.

FBI investigations over the years have clearly demonstrated that labor racketeering costs the American public millions of dollars each year through increased labor costs that are eventually passed on to consumers.

Labor unions provide a rich source for organized criminal groups to exploit: their pension, welfare, and health funds. There are approximately 75,000 union locals in the U.S., and many of them maintain their own benefit funds.

Labor racketeers attempt to control health, welfare, and pension plans by offering “sweetheartâ€￾ contracts, peaceful labor relations, and relaxed work rules to companies, or by rigging union elections.
Labor law violations occur primarily in large cities with both a strong industrial base and strong labor unions, like New York, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, and Philadelphia. These cities also have a large presence of organized crime figures.

For decades, the Teamsters has been substantially controlled by La Cosa Nostra. In recent years, four of eight Teamster presidents were indicted, yet the union continued to be controlled by organized crime elements.

You know what they say, where there is smoke, there is usually fire!

As for the issue of wealth disparity and social injustice - the real way to change this is through the ballot, the electoral ballot, and not the union ballot. Organize and vote for representatives that you feel share your views, so that they can change or pass LAWS that protect the American worker and Families, instead of making some mafioso richer.

While I’m sure there are one or two unions out there still dealing with the mafia , I still doubt that most unions are controlled by them anymore …

As for having faith in our elected officials? Ah hahahahahahah ….. Your talking to a man who USED to have faith in our public officials , I was all gung ho RAH RAH RAH politicians , sadly thou as I’ve gotten older its become more clear to me that power seems to cloud their vision , there’s a REAL disconnect between our elected officials (nationally ) and us working class folk . In fact as far as effecting political change it’s become VERY clear to me that the best way for everyday Americans to affect this society is throu unions . From what I’ve seen of unions lately , they are the closest thing our society has to democracy .Almost half of our people don’t vote in this country , and for most of us , the last time we really took part in an election was in high school , but with unions , democracy comes right to your doorstep ,people actually feel their vote matters , that it counts , I’ve seen workers get passionate about their elected union reps !

As far as putting my hope in an elected official , I’d rather put my hope in my union brothers and sisters , in my fellow Americans . Special interests groups and lobbyists have no power against the mob *.

* by mob I mean a mass group of people not the crime syndicates

While I’m sure there are one or two unions out there still dealing with the mafia , I still doubt that most unions are controlled by them anymore …

As for having faith in our elected officials? Ah hahahahahahah ….. Your talking to a man who USED to have faith in our public officials , I was all gung ho RAH RAH RAH politicians , sadly thou as I’ve gotten older its become more clear to me that power seems to cloud their vision , there’s a REAL disconnect between our elected officials (nationally ) and us working class folk . In fact as far as effecting political change it’s become VERY clear to me that the best way for everyday Americans to affect this society is throu unions . From what I’ve seen of unions lately , they are the closest thing our society has to democracy .Almost half of our people don’t vote in this country , and for most of us , the last time we really took part in an election was in high school , but with unions , democracy comes right to your doorstep ,people actually feel their vote matters , that it counts , I’ve seen workers get passionate about their elected union reps !

As far as putting my hope in an elected official , I’d rather put my hope in my union brothers and sisters , in my fellow Americans . Special interests groups and lobbyists have no power against the mob *.

* by mob I mean a mass group of people not the crime syndicates

Freedom,

If you lose hope, what else is left? It is indifference like yours that permeates to others! I don't care how hopeless and election might seem, I always vote! Also, you might be naive to think that your elected union officials (and I don't mean your local union rep) also don't suffer from that "disconnect" that you mention (when was the last time Randy Canale worked a manual non-union job?).

You can't pick and choose when and where you practice Democracy! Just because others don't it doesn't mean that you have to give up! Educate them!

I AM working to educate them , and I believe whole heartedly that the reforms that are needed in our national political system NEED to come from the grass roots . Your right , not many people like the IAM president , but at least some of the members of this union still feel it is within the real of possibility to reform it . Look at it like this , is it easier to reform a national union , or a government ? I get the feeling sometimes that our government is broken and we just don’t know it yet . Sure we have the war in Iraq , huge problem , but Is it bigger than the oncoming social security crisis , what about illegal immigration ? There needs to be progress on these issues or at the very least frank discussion , but there isn’t , the status quo continues .

If you think that voting in the groomed party driven crop of elected officials is going to provide something more than status quo then you just keep on voting , but I’m tired of being out voiced by special interest groups and lobbyists with millions to spend . I believe that if we begin to move to raise the standards of living for most Americans throu local action such as unions , people will come to see that progress starts at home .

So my question remains for delta , are you being treated fairly by your company or do you believe that your corporation will turn on you the way corporations all across America have turned on the middle and lower class workers?

Freedom,

As for the issue of wealth disparity and social injustice - the real way to change this is through the ballot, the electoral ballot, and not the union ballot. Organize and vote for representatives that you feel share your views, so that they can change or pass LAWS that protect the American worker and Families, instead of making some mafioso richer.

Oh yeah, and the DAL employees without a union are at the bottom of the heap and the DAL executives are becoming multi-millionaires as we speak. If being non-union was as beneficial as you say it is in your "crime element" post, why aren't the employees seeing any benefit from it?????

...and freedom should value the opinion from someone named yoyodyne with 13 posts? :down:

Oh yeah, and the DAL employees without a union are at the bottom of the heap and the DAL executives are becoming multi-millionaires as we speak. If being non-union was as beneficial as you say it is in your "crime element" post, why aren't the employees seeing any benefit from it?????

...and freedom should value the opinion from someone named yoyodyne with 13 posts? :down:

And this is coming from someone with 3 posts!!!

Don't you think if DL employees were so mistreated and destitute they would have organized by now!!!
Boy, the union sure helped out all those TWA agents that were shown the door after AA bought TWA, or how about the NW AMT's, are they even working? And perhaps the latest one, all the NW stations that just got outsourced last year, did the union protect their jobs? NO, if anything it got rid of their jobs quicker!

There are better ways to spend wages, than to fatten the coffers of union officials.
BTW in 2006, Robert T. Buffenbarger, international president of the IAM made a measly $275,570.00, you know, everyday ramp agent pay.

You can't pick and choose when and where you practice Democracy! Just because others don't , doesn't mean that you have to give up! Educate them!

why from time to time you almost have a strong scent of union in your posts ....

Unions can’t protect you from the inevitable, the cold realities of life such as companies going kaput or strikes being broken . I think what unions do more than anything else is offer a voice , at least with a union you will have SOME input rather than NONE . I tell you this much , after reading all I could find about delta and their situation it seems that their management keeps referring to “industry pay “ … that they will pay you industry pay , well ask yourself who is it who is determining industry pay ? Is it the unionized work forces or the service companies? Better yet , ask yourself who you WANT to determine industry pay between those two choices . The times are a changing , do you want to play follow the lowest cost leader , continuing to have terms dictated to you , or would you rather be the ones running the show ?

Really thou , to cut to the heart of the matter , what do you have to lose ? If you accept the union you might have to pay maybe 25 dollars every pay period ? But in exchange for that you’d get equal treatment at all locations , better job SECURITY , and somewhat higher wages and benefits . (don’t ever expect to get back what you once had )

Robert T. Buffenbarger ? now correct me if I’m wrong but he would be akin to the CEO of the IAM right ? In today’s executive pay 300 k is chump change .

I will just add...George Bush, Cheney, Rove, Pelosi, Reid, Clinton= Fake war for profit (including murdering American soldiers), divulging the identity of a CIA agent as revenge, Secret get rich CLOSED energy deals, Haliburton. Relentless support for amnesty of tens of millions of illegals (that's called INSOURCING), NAFTA, political back room deal not to impeach.

Unions/Non Union= AFL/CIO relentless pursuit of INSOURCING (prostituting ethics for dues) of illegal aliens. Enormous salaries of Union leaders the size of the President of the USA. No hit the bricks UNIFIIED action to halt the rape of American workers. Fired AT WILL, constant fear of persecution. Rewards just enough to keep them from unionizing..while the masters get rich.

why from time to time you almost have a strong scent of union in your posts ....

Unions can’t protect you from the inevitable, .......

Freedom,

You know what, I do have a scent of union, I come from a strong family of union representation. And my father, like you, thought that he could change the world if only through enough votes. In the end what did it get him, well, aside almost being killed, going to jail, and forced to retire, nothing; did things change at the company - NO, it's business as usual.

The way to affect positive changes in the workforce is through LEGISLATION. WHEN A SET OF STANDARDS IS LAW, a company is more apt to stick to them then if it is a mere contract. Contracts are broken everyday!

It's simple economics, if you make the price of a resource to high(Labor), and if the company must STILL maintain a competitive price for its end product (Airfare), what do you get.... outsourcing !!!!

Fortunately I work at a company that cares (unlike yours, and for that I too would have a union), that treat us right, so I'll take my "Industry Pay" knowing I'll still have a job tomorrow.

Freedom,
Come on guys, you know that we're bottom feeders, the big fish always get the most and we get the left overs!
You know what, I do have a scent of union, I come from a strong family of union representation. And my father, like you, thought that he could change the world if only through enough votes. In the end what did it get him, well, aside almost being killed, going to jail, and forced to retire, nothing; did things change at the company - NO, it's business as usual.

The way to affect positive changes in the workforce is through LEGISLATION. WHEN A SET OF STANDARDS IS LAW, a company is more apt to stick to them then if it is a mere contract. Contracts are broken everyday!

It's simple economics, if you make the price of a resource to high(Labor), and if the company must STILL maintain a competitive price for its end product (Airfare), what do you get.... outsourcing !!!!

Fortunately I work at a company that cares (unlike yours, and for that I too would have a union), that treat us right, so I'll take my "Industry Pay" knowing I'll still have a job tomorrow.

Freedom,

Ha Ha Ha (holding my side) Freedom don't let this guy get you excited, he's a crony of Delta's HR dept. we see them on our blog all the time. Oh he'll deny it but ask yourself why is he so concerned, he never said he's a Delta ramper. now to the facts, his laughable allusion to the fact that all unions are controlled by the mob is just that, his link is to an FBI page that quotes nothing more recent than 1980, almost 30 years, face it the mob is dead, stop watching so much T.V. Whatever happened at TWA was never a merger it was a liquidation sale and the only reason they were bought as a whole is because it was cheaper, if they would have waited one more day NONE of the TWA people would have had any jobs. The NWA mechanics are in a union that has a council that decides on such important issues as intentions to strike, the IAM requires that to be done democratically. Last but not least all the losses during bankruptcy were allowed under...that's right you guessed it bankruptcy law! Delta knew it and that's why we reenacted "Brewster's Millions" in the final year before bankruptcy, we had to prove we had no money so we could cut to the bone with no recourse. So in closing, keep up the good work FREEDOM and Mike Campbell, go back to watching the Sopranos, ha ha ha

Freedom,

Yoyo:
Your link to the FBI file is no more relevant to Delta Air Lines than Leo Mullin is. Oh, were you around when Leo strong-armed DAL? Please, please, please get me the mob in here so we can do a little strong-arming ourselves when it comes to our pay checks! Our current CEO states that Delta's greatest asset is the people. He is truly correct because we are resources that can be tapped without negotiation whenever the going gets tough.............but not for long!