Are You Ready!

Glenn Quagmire

Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

I am picking the Texans to win the AFC South.

I think Seattle will be a serious contender again in the NFC.

Please keep this apolitical.

Thoughts anyone?

Reactions: 1 person
BuccoBruceJpg.jpg

That's cool southwind. I know about your EAL connection, but didn't figure the Dolphins thing would have stuck.

Football in America is the Futbol to the rest of the world isn't it?

Glenn Quagmire said:
That's cool southwind. I know about your EAL connection, but didn't figure the Dolphins thing would have stuck.
Football in America is the Futbol to the rest of the world isn't it?
Yep, born in Miami, lived in S. Fla. until I was.23.
My dad use to take me to the games back in the 70's , so a Phins fan for life here and looking forward to this year....we got some good picks and trades.

And good luck to your Texans!

BTW, some Harvard analytics team runs the numbers on potential Super bowl teams each year....Dolphins and Seahawks this year....I'll believe it when I see it!

FOR SOME FOOTBALL!

I am picking the Texans to win the AFC South.

I think Seattle will be a serious contender again in the NFC.

Please keep this apolitical.

Thoughts anyone?
Of the eight divisions the easiest one to pick is the AFC South. Barring injuries, there is no way the Colts do not three-peat as division champs. Even with the Texans defense, are you really going to pick Brian Hoyer over Andrew Luck?

southwind said:
My dad use to take me to the games back in the 70's...
I was at Lambeau Field a couple of years ago for a game. It's a beautiful modern(ized) facility, but you can't help but see everything as if it's an old NFL Film, or hearing every announce ment in John Facenda's voice...

Kev3188 said:
I was at Lambeau Field a couple of years ago for a game. It's a beautiful modern(ized) facility, but you can't help but see everything as if it's an old NFL Film, or hearing every announce ment in John Facenda's voice...
I am also still a Chargers fan...growing up there. We used to go to see them at what used to be called Charger Stadium.

Dan Fouts would have been as revered as a Manning or Brady if he had a team around him.

Off topic, our family also used to go to see the San Diego Gulls. Us kids, Mom and Dad, and the nuns from our church and school. It was so much fun having the nuns next to me pounding on the glass cheering on that 'farm league' hockey team.

Great memories indeed. Thanks to all for participating in this thread and keeping it apolitical.

Maybe we (I) can do some self searching and look for areas of agreement with some here that I normally (cough...always) disagree with?

I am also still a Chargers fan...growing up there. We used to go to see them at what used to be called Charger Stadium.

Dan Fouts would have been as revered as a Manning or Brady if he had a team around him.

The Chargers had an excellent offensive line which protected Fouts well, and included 4 time Pro Bowler Ed White, 5 time Pro Bowler Russ Washington, 3 time Pro Bowler Doug Wilkerson, Billy Shields and Don Macek.

Fouts would drop back from center and look for one of a bevy of great receivers. Wide receiver Charlie Joiner and tight end Kellen Winslow were the most famous, both now in the Hall of Fame, but John Jefferson and Wes Chandler, among others, were also key.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Fouts

Seems Dan Fouts had quite the team around him.

Hatu said:
The Chargers had an excellent offensive line which protected Fouts well, and included 4 time Pro Bowler Ed White, 5 time Pro Bowler Russ Washington, 3 time Pro Bowler Doug Wilkerson, Billy Shields and Don Macek.Fouts would drop back from center and look for one of a bevy of great receivers. Wide receiver Charlie Joiner and tight end Kellen Winslow were the most famous, both now in the Hall of Fame, but John Jefferson and Wes Chandler, among others, were also key. Seems Dan Fouts had quite the team around him.
That is true. However, offense does not a 'team' make.

Glenn Quagmire said:
That is true. However, offense does not a 'team' make.
You are correct. I hope I did not come off as too much of a butthead. I was just trying to give you a hard time.
I am jealous you still have your childhood team to cheer for. I grew up in Houston cheering for the Earl Campbell "Luv Ya Blue" Oilers then Warren Moon and the "House of Pain" Oilers. The Oilers were my favorite team of any team in any sport. When they left for Tennessee it felt like a family member had left for good. Being based in MIA since 1992 I have adopted the Dolphins as my favorite football team. In a way they are a lot like the Oilers: either very bad or when finally good they lose in heartbreaking fashion.

To add college teams to the mix I live and die with my alma mater: University of Utah.

Good luck to your Chargers!