Are You Willing To Pull Together

Do you plan on helping to make the new US Airways an awesome airline powered by the majic of motivat

• Yes, this is the majic that makes a company successful.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I will only do what my contract says I must do

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UseYourHead

Veteran
Apr 1, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Today in business there are companies in various industries that are set apart from the compitition. Southwest Airlines, JetBlue, Home Depot, etc.

One big part of the majic is the workforce that excels at what they do, and customers notice that...and remember it too.

The former AWA folks have a history of this kind of behavior.

Will you get excited, go the extra mile, and help to do what it takes to make US Airways viable competition with the likes of SWA/JBLU?

(Of course this assumes management does its part to promote/foster/encourage this kind of atmosphere, and remember we have to give Doug and team time to earn your trust prior to judging them.)

I AM WILLING TO GO THE EXTRA MILE TO MAKE THIS COMPANY GREAT. THAT BEING SAID, I AM NOT WILLING TO VIOLATE A CONTRACT, MINE OR ANOTHER WORKGROUPS, I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THOSE WHO DO. IF CHANGES ARE NEEDED TO ENABLE SOMETHING TO WORK MORE SMOOTHLY I ENCOURAGE ALL THOSE INVOLVED TO WORK TOWARDS A SOLUTION.

i see everyone in love with Dougie...but i must suggest a look to see the makeup of the BOD for this is where real direction shall come from.
but i must caution,we at U have had the second and third coming of the messiah before and they were silver tongued devils....

I think you could've worded this poll a little better. Most of us don't want to look for a new job, but on the other hand we're not ready to drink the 'Kool-Aid' yet.

I agree 100% with you.

airportman said:
I AM WILLING TO GO THE EXTRA MILE TO MAKE THIS COMPANY GREAT. THAT BEING SAID, I AM NOT WILLING TO VIOLATE A CONTRACT, MINE OR ANOTHER WORKGROUPS, I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THOSE WHO DO. IF CHANGES ARE NEEDED TO ENABLE SOMETHING TO WORK MORE SMOOTHLY I ENCOURAGE ALL THOSE INVOLVED TO WORK TOWARDS A SOLUTION.
[post="308734"][/post]​

Dell,

I agree that Doug & management must earn our trust...having said that we should give them a chance to do so prior to passing judgement....

delldude said:
i see everyone in love with Dougie...but i must suggest a look to see the makeup of the BOD for this is where real direction shall come from.
but i must caution,we at U have had the second and third coming of the messiah before and they were silver tongued devils....
[post="308737"][/post]​

I am not talking about guzzling kool-aid; rather, getting excited about our futures, our jobs, and our airline when we find ourselves in a situation to do so.

muircross said:
I think you could've worded this poll a little better. Most of us don't want to look for a new job, but on the other hand we're not ready to drink the 'Kool-Aid' yet.
[post="308741"][/post]​

UYH,

I hope that you're including more than just Doug and the relative handful of VP's in that "management" label. Doug and other senior execs could be the best and best intentioned in the world - I certainly hope so and hear from the West folks that they are. But if mid/lower level management (especially on the East side) continue many of their past practices of CYA and point the finger of blame, the honeymoon will be short indeed.

After all, mid and local management affect the daily work-life and morale of most employees a lot more than words from Tempe.....

Jim

I agree Jim,

Doug and senior team is ultimately responsible for middle management too. I hope that we finish cleaning house and move forward.

No more excuses! Action/results are what we can measure our new leaders with.

BoeingBoy said:
UYH,

I hope that you're including more than just Doug and the relative handful of VP's in that "management" label. Doug and other senior execs could be the best and best intentioned in the world - I certainly hope so and hear from the West folks that they are. But if mid/lower level management (especially on the East side) continue many of their past practices of CYA and point the finger of blame, the honeymoon will be short indeed.

After all, mid and local management affect the daily work-life and morale of most employees a lot more than words from Tempe.....

Jim
[post="308756"][/post]​

I gave him a chance when he came to HP. He is great and great at listening to the employees. He has been on my flight several times and he always hangs out and talks with the crew during our down time. One of the first times I met him I was doing an SNA turn and we were early and had about ten min till boarding. I was sitting on the jumpseat in the back on my cell phone and I look up and there he is .. hung up in my friend looked around the corner to see if pax were on an he says sorry I didn't mean to scare you I just wanted to say hi and see how everything has been going. And we chatted until boarding told him about good things and bad things and he listened and even wrote one thing down. All I ask is to give him a chance and if there are issues that can be fixed... e-mail him. Sometimes he will even get back to you personally.

Thanks, Happy People. That's the impression I get from all the West folks.

FWIW, some of that "family" feel may fade away, though not necessarily in PHX. It's just a lot easier to drop by the airport and say "Hi" to the troops when the airport with the only crew base is just down the street (other than a relative few F/A in LAS).

I suspect he's going to be pretty busy for a while, and BOS/PHL/DCA/PIT/CLT is a little far to just drop by and chat for a few minutes.

Just one of the unfortunate side effects of getting so much bigger and spread out - not implying anything negative about Doug at all.

Jim

delldude said:
funny,yesterday you chastised some for this particular position......
you a fence rider or what?
[post="308781"][/post]​

I believe he has the fence post stuck where the sun don't shine, for now. Were things to change, he would also, uh, change his "stance", post haste.

He is the person I would send to collect the money, knowing full well he would get killed in the transfer. No regrets.

I myself have trust in him. He has a pretty good track record at the old HP. I will keep that position until I see things go the other way. I do think though, that his job here of turning around the "old" US will be alot harder and on a grander scale than the transformation he did at HP. I am hopeful that this can be pulled off though. :up: