Are You Willing To Work For Free?

Are you willing to give up your New Year's Eve plans and work for free in PHL as a greeter, ramp age

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DCAflyer

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
If this operation is so understaffed, the company needs to return its furloughees to service.

Let me see if I've got this right.

Chaimes tells the national media nothing is wrong with staffing and the reason
the operation collapsed is because of the bad ole employees calling in sick.

If staffing is normal, Why does a commercial transportation company need its
employees to work for free to make the operation work.

They expect us to work for free, on Christmas day, when the CLT ctr line had 2000
psgrs waiting for 5 hours to see an agent, the Customer Service Manager
Non-Reved to PIT at 10:30am, on the way to the gate she threatened termination
of any employee that refused mandatory OT after dealing with this fiasco for
their full shift.

Thats what Im going to do... Work for free for this Management...NOT!

A320 Driver said:
I missed something. Where and when did Mr. Lakefield ask anyone to work for free on New Years Eve?
Thanks,

A320 Driver
[post="232898"][/post]​

Reported by the Associated Press.

:down: :down: :down:
US Air Asks Employees With Days Off To Work This Weekend

Tuesday December 28, 7:29 PM EST

PHILADELPHIA (AP)--US Airways appealed to its employees to come to Philadelphia International Airport on their days off this weekend to help boost staffing, hoping to avoid the type of Christmas fiasco that left the airline with too few workers to fly all its planes and process luggage.

REMAINDER DELETED.....POST THE LINK.

How does "Coming to work on your days off" automatically translate to WORK FOR FREE..??...why such a huge leap in logic and translation? Reminds me of the whisper something in the ear at front of the line TRICK, pass it down, and by person number 10 the "something whispered" has been retranslated into nothing resembling it's original premise.
That said, I would not work for free either. :p

EDIT--oops I just saw the one sentence in the article about giving up NY EVE plans for free. :down:

Just because AP reported it, I don't necessarily believe they expect anyone to work for nothing. I guess anythings possible at this point, but it doesn't make much sense. Sounds like they want volunteers standing by just in case.

A320 Driver

And there will be a bunch of clueless morons who actually WILL show up to work for free. Thus sending a clear signal to Bronner and Lakefield of just what the company can expect to get in the next round of cuts. "Hey, those suckers, er...loyal stalwart employees, will work for nothing if we ask them. So let's ask them! If they refuse, we can claim past precedent and get Rubber-stamp Mitchell to impose it!"

If you have a doctors excuse HOW CAN THEY DICIPLINE YOU???? As for the possible NO PAY, that could truly become an EVEN more dicy issue if they withhold employees pay! Typical management ploy to blame the employees instead of rectifying the issues that caused it all in the first place.

If it happens AGAIN this weekend, OUCH on USAIR. You'll be shut down and luquidating BEFORE the end of JAN.

Severed-N-Happy said:
How does "Coming to work on your days off" automatically translate to WORK FOR FREE..??...why such a huge leap in logic and translation? Reminds me of the whisper something in the ear at front of the line TRICK, pass it down, and by person number 10 the "something whispered" has been retranslated into nothing resembling it's original premise.
That said, I would not work for free either. :p

EDIT--oops I just saw the one sentence in the article about giving up NY EVE plans for free. :down:
[post="232923"][/post]​

This is the relevant paragraph from the AP article:

In a message to its employees Tuesday, US Airways sought volunteers willing to give up their New Year's Eve plans and work for free in Philadelphia. It said they could expect to be used as customer greeters, ramp agents or baggage sorters.

Thus, I don't think it was a "huge leap in logic" or translation... it is in black and white.

mrfish3726 said:
If it happens AGAIN this weekend, OUCH on USAIR. You'll be shut down and luquidating BEFORE the end of JAN.
[post="232943"][/post]​

Happens AGAIN? I think the first was enough to put the nail in the coffin. Can anyone from Res tell us how bookings are in the recent days? I can't imagine that anyone is eager to take USAirways and have to agree that liquidation will begin in less than 30 days. I used to think that a takeover would happen before liquidation, but who in their right mind would want those PHL employees?

US1YFARE said:
Happens AGAIN? I think the first was enough to put the nail in the coffin. Can anyone from Res tell us how bookings are in the recent days? I can't imagine that anyone is eager to take USAirways and have to agree that liquidation will begin in less than 30 days. I used to think that a takeover would happen before liquidation, but who in their right mind would want those PHL employees?
[post="232971"][/post]​

Yeah, well, we just hoped to have executives that actually knew how to run a profitable and efficient airline. The worker bees want leadership not a bunch of whiney pussies blaming them for everything that goes wrong.

Latest posts