Arizona Republic article about Paladini

Donna is a straight-shooting, no-nonsense, hard working executive who, while getting the job done with razor-like accuracy, remembers to be kind and sensitive to the "little guy." She has my utmost respect.

I never cease to be awed by how AC lets women do his dirty work for him.

Donna admits it - "There always seemed to be more costs to cut, more employees to lay off.

"I was good at it, and I hated it," she said." She was very good at it.

Same when they outsourced thirty stations - sent a single mom.

Step III grievances? - Single mom.

Donna is one more way Al deflects blame. She is very charming, but in the end, she does Al's bidding. That's why she still has a job at US, and why things at US aren't changing, and why we old-timers decried the retention of Al.

Second verse, same as the first.

Donna admits it - "There always seemed to be more costs to cut, more employees to lay off.

Donna is one more way Al deflects blame. She is very charming, but in the end, she does Al's bidding. That's why she still has a job at US, and why things at US aren't changing, and why we old-timers decried the retention of Al.

Things at US are changing....you're probably the one NOT changing.

You don't take disagreement well, do you?

Instead of a factual refutation, a slur.

Good to see some things haven't changed at US. :lol:

She was good at furloughing and cutting costs. What a thing to be quoted as saying. I saw nothing special. "As long as I get mine; things are fine".

One of the first trouble spots that emerged in Phoenix: Baggage handlers and other employees who worked outside weren't able to get their sunscreen through security because of the ban on liquids and gels. Ditto for extra drinks. They quickly found a way to deliver three vats of suntan lotion and extra water to workers who routinely endure temperatures as high as 145 degrees as they load and unload bags from planes.

Sunscreen is a part of many PHX rampers uniforms. Rampers carrying sunscreen on that day had the sunscreen confiscated (as well as any food with mayo, jelly, etc) and they have not been able to bring it to work since. These "vats", as they call them, were perhaps 20 oz pump dispensers. They are out now. The sunscreen provided was SPF 30. You need an SPF of over 50 in this sun. But Donna would not know that as she is not from here and failed to ask.

What Donna Paladini and other execs need to do is lobby TSA to use common sense in what rampers can bring. They need the sunblock of their choosing and they need to stop having their food confiscated. West rampers do not earn enough to constantly eat at the airport vendors.
:rant:

What Donna Paladini and other execs need to do is lobby TSA to use common sense in what rampers can bring. They need the sunblock of their choosing and they need to stop having their food confiscated. West rampers do not earn enough to constantly eat at the airport vendors. :rant:

Sorry for the topic drift, but, as I understand it, uniformed crew member with ID are allowed to have toothpaste and such in their crew bags. The same standard should apply to airport staff, especially with sunscreen in a place like PHX. Then again, this is the TSA we're talking about here.

You may accuse me of being a sensitive person, but I wonder where your lack of respect for her comes from. She seems like a person adapting to this changing world while raising a family, much like all of us. Is there something we do not know.
Donna is a nice enough lady (personally), but people uproot their families and move every day. It isn't news!

Barbee, this is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Is this crap still going on ?

Unfortunately, yes. They did receive a new supply of 20 oz "vats" of SPF 30 sunscreen, today. The food is still being confiscated for having ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc. This also includes soup, chili, and what not.

Remember, too, that some rampers take showers before heading home or flying out and soap, shampoo and deodorant are prohibited.

Sorry for the topic drift, but, as I understand it, uniformed crew member with ID are allowed to have toothpaste and such in their crew bags. The same standard should apply to airport staff, especially with sunscreen in a place like PHX.

You'd think so!