ARPEY - CEO of the Year

WingNaPrayer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
EYW
Visit site
ARPEY NAMED CEO OF THE YEAR---

CEO Gerard Arpey has been named CEO of the Year by DallasCEO Magazine. Arpey will be featured on the cover of the magazine's September issue. A survey was sent to about 6,000 public and private companies, and covered local and national economic issues. Arpey was recognized for his leadership in transforming American, using a Turnaround Plan that focused on streamlining operations, collaborating with employees, improving customer service and building a foundation for financial success.

Syrup of Ipecac (puke potion) will be provided to all employees upon request! :lol: :lol:

For those of you who wish to voice your opinion on that, here is the email LINK

ARPEY NAMED CEO OF THE YEAR---

CEO Gerard Arpey has been named CEO of the Year by DallasCEO Magazine. Arpey will be featured on the cover of the magazine's September issue. A survey was sent to about 6,000 public and private companies, and covered local and national economic issues. Arpey was recognized for his leadership in transforming American, using a Turnaround Plan that focused on streamlining operations, collaborating with employees, improving customer service and building a foundation for financial success.
Syrup of Epicac will be provided to all employees upon request! :lol: :lol:
A heavy dose for me please, a finger down the throat isn't going to do it for me this time.

Arpey was recognized for his leadership in transforming American, using a Turnaround Plan that focused etc, etc, collaborating with employees, ...etc

There was collaborating, all right, in the WWII sense, but it was done by the TWU which collaborated with management.

I don't need ipecac. Just looking at my paycheck does it for me. I keep a pre-concession pay stub in the lid of my toolbox as a reminder.

There was collaborating, all right, in the WWII sense, but it was done by the TWU which collaborated with management.

I don't need ipecac. Just looking at my paycheck does it for me. I keep a pre-concession pay stub in the lid of my toolbox as a reminder.

Agreed - providing aid and comfort to the enemy is treason.

...or maybe what you think is important isn't what is really important in preserving one of, if not the, area's largest employers and getting it into a position to grow again. Maybe those outside the industry are simply tired of hearing so much crying and babbling about things that were and still are considered necessary evils in an organization founded before its industry was deregulated.

Arpey was recognized for his leadership in transforming American, using a Turnaround Plan that focused on streamlining operations, collaborating with employees, improving customer service and building a foundation for financial success

They could have sumed all that BS up with two words

MASSIVE CONCESSIONS

I doubt he would be recognized for any thing if the magazine was anything other than a Dallas publication

:lol: :down: :lol:

They could have sumed all that BS up with two words

MASSIVE CONCESSIONS
I doubt he would be recognized for any thing if the magazine was anything other than a Dallas publication

:lol: :down: :lol:

Dallas publication or not, I'm scratchin' my butt on this one wondering whether or not this title and cover page was "bought and paid for" with AMR cash. We all know what publicity whores the execs are!

Honestly, I don't think Arpey wants any more publicity than he already gets, good or bad, especially heading into what looks to be three very contentious labor negotiations.

Consider who the survey went to -- 6,000 executives.

AMR managed to perform one of the largest out-of-court restructurings in US history, and they managed to keep all of the shareholder equity intact and not stiff creditors. Three years later, they've got a solid balance sheet. By itself, that is a feat worthy of note.

The fact that they f***ed up labor relations for the next decade or two is probably inconsequential to the other CEO's and executives who wish they could have that kind of a turnaround.

Honestly, I don't think Arpey wants any more publicity than he already gets, good or bad, especially heading into what looks to be three very contentious labor negotiations.

AMR managed to perform one of the largest out-of-court restructurings in US history, and they managed to keep all of the shareholder equity intact and not stiff creditors. Three years later, they've got a solid balance sheet. By itself, that is a feat worthy of note.

The fact that they f***ed up labor relations for the next decade or two is probably inconsequential to the other CEO's and executives who wish they could have that kind of a turnaround.

But with the contentious labor relations, will the efforts be for naught? If AA is willing to negotiate "in good faith" and labor is willing to think out of the box and be creative, everyone might be surprised.

As stated by some one on this board before..........Arpey was our great hope!!!!!!!! ..........but has proven to be just another holier than thou corporaate crook. His hair has grayed due to his concious eating him up all night long. I mean how do you sleep at night knowing you are directly resposible for divorces, home foreclosures, personal bankruptcies and yes even suicides!!!!!! His teeth have been yellowed by all the poisinous lies crossing between them!!! And he looks much more frail as if the almighty is already starting to make him pay for his outrageous greed!!! The chickens have come home to roost Mr. Our Pay and with or with out your bought and paid for unions there is hell to pay. Sadly our airline and it's passengers are paying for your pull together win togather promise that has proven to be just a 5 year old corporaate greed scam!!!!!!!!F.U.R.P.!!!!!!!

AMR managed to perform one of the largest out-of-court restructurings in US history

Crack head or heroin addict

They restructured nothing.

The unions gave up millions in concessions and millions in work rule changes. That equates to the cash on hand.

If they restructured then gives us the money and work rules back and the "restructuring" should take care of the rest

Wake up dude

...so the mortgage companies who gave people money they never should have gotten ar SOLELY responsible for the problems going on today? Is everybody's personal problem sombody else's fault. You can't hold a marriage together and it's the fault of somebody you never met? Please. Sorry folks...if I hadn't been arount American Airlines for my entire life, I may, I REPEAT MAY, be stupid enough to believe the arguments here, but in reality-ville where the rest of humanity lives...you can't just keep going around blaming somebody else for your issues.

I know a lot of union people think layoffs are bad. I get that. For once...take a minute or two to turn your perspective around. Put yourself in Arpey's shoes. The creditors tell you they will only let you slide the way you are (immediately post-9/11) if you structure your finances closer to that of PROFITABLE companies in your industry. Your options are to layoff some to preserve the many and ask for rule changes and pay changes or put the company in complete peril restructuring it to be some archaic model that can't survive and risks everybody's future...hmmm...taking your head out of rear yet. Stop with the babble. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO RUN A COMPANY...YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO HAVE CREDITORS DEMANDING PAYMENT AND YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYONE'S FAMILY NOT JUST YOUR OWN.

Vendors and creditors gave their pound of flesh up to a year before labor was asked for anything.

Labor gave up a lot, but Boeing alone deferred between $3B and $4B of firm aircraft deliveries for AMR. EDS and Sabre also agreed to discounts and modifications to their existing contracts worth tens of millions. There were several aircraft lessors who lowered their monthly lease rates by 10-15%, and lots of banks restructured debt either by lowering interest rates or pushing out repayment dates.

Why did they do that? Because 85-90% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Your union leaders recognized that as well, and based on how the folks at the bankrupt carriers fared, you're probably damn lucky that the concessions didn't go further than they did. Just ask the former TWA employees you look down on so often. They got raped and beaten. You got an unwanted pat on the ass.

Vendors and creditors gave their pound of flesh up to a year before labor was asked for anything.

Labor gave up a lot, but Boeing alone deferred between $3B and $4B of firm aircraft deliveries for AMR. EDS and Sabre also agreed to discounts and modifications to their existing contracts worth tens of millions. There were several aircraft lessors who lowered their monthly lease rates by 10-15%, and lots of banks restructured debt either by lowering interest rates or pushing out repayment dates.

Why did they do that? Because 85-90% of something is better than 100% of nothing. Your union leaders recognized that as well, and based on how the folks at the bankrupt carriers fared, you're probably damn lucky that the concessions didn't go further than they did. Just ask the former TWA employees you look down on so often. They got raped and beaten. You got an unwanted pat on the ass.

So now we have to shed tears for the creditors? Guess what? The creditors get shafted! The employees get shafted!
BUT THE EXECUTIVES MANAGE TO RECOUP THEIR LOSSES!

If any one should get the CEO OF THE YEAR AWARD, it's Carty because he was the one who loaded the bankruptcy gun and pointed it our heads and said "OR ELSE."

I tell you what, Eric, I want to hear your response when the details of our negotiations come out and you see for yourself the INSULTS that the company offers us. You will see what is forced down our throats.

And before you say "WELL, THE MEMBERS VOTED ON IT", wait and you will see that whatever TULSA and the TWU deems acceptable, is what is voted in. Jim Little himself stated that even had we voted NO on the concession package, he had the authority to ACCEPT IT.

Latest posts