Arpey says, American's summer picture rosy

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
story here
American Airlines is headed toward its most lucrative summer season in years, with heavy passenger loads and higher fares, the airline's chief executive told employees Tuesday night.

Gerard Arpey, CEO of the Fort Worth-based airline, said American has been "scratching and clawing" for the past five years to boost its sagging revenues. That drive has been producing results, thanks to cuts in airline capacity, strong travel demand and 57 fare increases in 2005.

"We should be able to fill our planes at better fares than we'd had in a long time" during the busy summer travel season, Arpey told several hundred employees at the carrier's Tulsa maintenance base.

And he pointed out that some Wall Street analysts are forecasting a profit for 2006.

Investors have taken notice, pushing American's stock up nearly 140 percent in the past year. Shares of AMR Corp., American's parent company (ticker:AMR), closed at $25.45 per share Tuesday, up 20 cents.

story here

Premature considering insability of oil and middle east issues.
A good article for the future success for AMR and TWU Informer must come in and take a crap on it.

Is there anything in this world that makes you happy. besides complaining

Arpey will tell the sheep in Tulsa anything to keep them from running away from the flock. All the while Arpey and the other SERPA wolves at Centreport plan to haul the flock away for one last shearing and the final slaughter.

BAAH,BAAH,BAAH,BAAAH,BAAAH,BAAAAH,BAAAAH.

A good article for the future success for AMR and TWU Informer must come in and take a crap on it.

Is there anything in this world that makes you happy. besides complaining

I'm sorry....

Fuel Prices will reach record lows, Oil Companies will be found guilty of price gouging, Iran will drop their pursuit of Nukes, passengers will flock to AA, and AMR will make record profits. We will all relish in sharing of the record profits, and management will no longer get multi-million dollar bonuses.

That's better?

I just wiped that "crap" all up with "Charmin", are you happy now?

Great.............lets just bet on that Mr Our Pay!!!
Give me back my vacation that I already earned that you stole from me. Give me back my holiday pay that I have to work for when Centerport is empty. Give me back my full pay sick days that you promised over 20 years ago when I started accumulateing them. And give me back my fair wage............just like the SouthWest mechanics so we can be as happy as them and give you the on time performance you want, just like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You all got your bone asses so give a little incentive to us pee ons in the trenches!!!
I am tiered of pulling and only upper management winning...............can you hear that? The walls are shaking and about to fall in on all you over paid CEO's.
The turd is in the air heading for the fan and it is on high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great.............lets just bet on that Mr Our Pay!!!
Give me back my vacation that I already earned that you stole from me. Give me back my holiday pay that I have to work for when Centerport is empty. Give me back my full pay sick days that you promised over 20 years ago when I started accumulateing them. And give me back my fair wage............just like the SouthWest mechanics so we can be as happy as them and give you the on time performance you want, just like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You all got your bone asses so give a little incentive to us pee ons in the trenches!!!
I am tiered of pulling and only upper management winning...............can you hear that? The walls are shaking and about to fall in on all you over paid CEO's.
The turd is in the air heading for the fan and it is on high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I want Kelly LeBrock to walk out of my bathroom.