ASAP Has It Changed?

Buck

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 20, 2002
www.fairtax.org
I have been told that there was an incident in MIA?, that was ASAP related and  that our new airline view ASAP issues with a different thought process.

The new policy is completely different from the "Just Policy" that had been in use.

Reactions: 1 person
Buck said:
I have been told that there was an incident in MIA?, that was ASAP related and  that our new airline view ASAP issues with a different thought process.

The new policy is completely different from the "Just Policy" that had been in use.
From what I've heard, the new leadership does not fully embrace the way the old AA handled mishaps.

jcw said:
Are you suggesting the new mgmt wants an unsafe airline?

Nope, I've just heard that the new people steering the boat wants to actually hand out punishments, like time off, etc.

Let me re-visit, Has anyone heard of this incident in Miami?

Where the new leadership does not fully embrace the current way incidents are being handled.

No one ever said anything about the company not respecting SAFETY.

Ask your asap coordinator, they on duty 24/7/365 , they just got retro checks.

DallasConehead said:
Ask your asap coordinator, they on duty 24/7/365 , they just got retro checks.
Where did you hear that the ASAP Coordinator was on duty 24/7/365, in Tulsa ?

TULE  can barely conceive 24/7/365. Only the mechanics and their direct support  participate.

Buck said:
Where did you hear that the ASAP Coordinator was on duty 24/7/365, in Tulsa ?

TULE  can barely conceive 24/7/365. Only the mechanics and their direct support  participate.
Tule doesn't have an asap guy? My bad, I really didn't know.

DallasConehead said:
Tule doesn't have an asap guy? My bad, I really didn't know.
No, that is not what I said or meant.

I said only the mechanics ( and Stores ) work 24/7/365.

ASAP Coordinator(s) and Union officials are never at work in Hangar 1&2 on the weekend.

Ha stores covers the weekend with overtime mechanics are the only ones assigned to work the weekend on the whole base

iluvaa said:
Ha stores covers the weekend with overtime, mechanics are the only ones assigned to work the weekend on the whole base
I added a comma but you are correct. I also think it is obvious that there could be more coverage inside Stores, it is still difficult to get parts at times.

I think to answer your question, ASAP has morphed from being a tool used to learn from past mistakes into a "get out of jail free card".The FAA I believe, wants to steer that ship back to where it was intended. If you flagrantly miss several steps of a manual reference, or exhibit reckless behavior, it's not going to save you in the future. 
   The company on the other hand, (I've heard that US never participated in ASAP) hates ASAP, and are trying to find reckless behavior in EVERY incident. JC and MEAA hearings are an everyday occurrence in my station. I've also heard that the PPC form of discipline is out the window and some form of point system is now in place. The dollar amount of damage you cause determines the severity of your punishment.

Every incident filed is investigated to see if there is misconduct on the parties involved or a legitimate error made. To judge the severity based on dollar cost is rediculous on the company's part. Let's hope they keep the program on track.