ASAP program being rolled out to ACS/Cargo

Kev3188

Veteran
Oct 5, 2003
Right in the middle.
Like the title says, DL will be rolling an ASAP program out to ACS later this year. As some of you may have seen on here, I am a huge fan of ASAP, and the improvements a correctly implemented program can drive.

I believe Flight Ops and Tech Ops are the only groups that currently utilize this. Maybe IFS does as well?

I would appreciate any thoughts from active DL employees about the system. If you are OAL, and have this available to you, I would like to hear that as well...

Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person
It is great program Kev. Used correctly, it can really be a great tool for change and increased safety and awareness.

congrats to ACS for obtaining the program. May it further make DL the best and safest place to work for any airline employee.

Reactions: 1 person
I got to work quite a bit with investigating & reporting self disclosures about 20 years ago for the equivalent of ACS at AA. Most of the incidents we dealt with had to do with weight and balance discrepancies, e.g. a radical change in pax or bag counts after the radio closeout had been done between load control and the crew.

If nothing else, the program generated a lot of great trending data for where breakdowns in processes were.

Glenn Quagmire said:
It is great program Kev. Used correctly, it can really be a great tool for change and increased safety and awareness.

LD3 said:

eolesen said:
I got to work quite a bit with investigating & reporting self disclosures about 20 years ago for the equivalent of ACS at AA. Most of the incidents we dealt with had to do with weight and balance discrepancies, e.g. a radical change in pax or bag counts after the radio closeout had been done between load control and the crew.If nothing else, the program generated a lot of great trending data for where breakdowns in processes were.
Thanks guys. This is exactly what I'm hoping will occur. IMHO, my workgroup's inclusion has been long overdue...