AT MX working on SWA equipment?

SWA.TECH

Advanced
Jan 29, 2012
Now that SWA has SOC all of the equipment being opperated is being opperated under SWA's certificate. How is it , non contract, non SWA tech's can work on SWA equipment??? And at stations manned by SWA contactual tech's.....

Now that SWA has SOC all of the equipment being opperated is being opperated under SWA's certificate. How is it , non contract, non SWA tech's can work on SWA equipment??? And at stations manned by SWA contactual tech's.....

I don't know the entire story you are speaking about. However, if this is happening and is in fact going against our contract, and you are aware of it, it is you right and duty to file a griev.

I don't know the entire story you are speaking about. However, if this is happening and is in fact going against our contract, and you are aware of it, it is you right and duty to file a griev.
[/quote

Does SWA own the ex AT equipment? Is the ex AT equipment being opperated under SWA's SOC? on another note N8301ETOPS is on the ramp at KBFI!!!

On march 1st 2012 Southwest Airlines surrendered Airtran Airways opperating certificate to the FAA, at which point Airtran Airways ceased to exist and or opperate aircraft. Sure there are still planes painted in AT colors and a website, but no opperating certificate.

There is still a partition.
Airtran crews and aircraft will be transitioned over to the Swa side during the next 2 years.

If you look for company info on Swalife instead of here, your will get more accurate answers.

A SOC means that as far as the FAA is concerned FL mechs are WN mechs. Contract issues are not a factor to the FAA. Is there a transition agreement with the company that says that pre-merger WN mechs will only work on pre-merger WN planes and that pre-merger FL mechs will only work on pre-merger FL planes? If not, then it's up to the underlying contracts - both WN and FL.

Jim

A SOC means that as far as the FAA is concerned FL mechs are WN mechs. Contract issues are not a factor to the FAA. Is there a transition agreement with the company that says that pre-merger WN mechs will only work on pre-merger WN planes and that pre-merger FL mechs will only work on pre-merger FL planes? If not, then it's up to the underlying contracts - both WN and FL.

Jim

By the terms of the AMFA/SWA contract , only employees covered by the AMFA contract can perform MX on SWA opperated equipment. Airtran no longer opperates equipment.

Under your logic, swa owned airtran at date of closing and airtran mechanics should have been out of work.
There is a partition that the planes and crews still will cross.

Under your logic, swa owned airtran at date of closing and airtran mechanics should have been out of work.
There is a partition that the planes and crews still will cross.
[/quote
SWA opperated AT under the AT opperating certificate until Feb. 29 2012, and they were seperate and distinct, as of march 1 SWA surrendered that certificate and all of the equipment is soley opperated by a single certificate hence SOC, those aircraft are now subject to the provisions of the barganing agreements in force. Read article 2 paragraph 1 and 2. If SWA is opperating those aircraft , who owns that maintenance?

I understand where you are going.
I reread the SOC FAQ on swalife.
The partition only is specific on crews, planes and dispatchers.
Madman can answer this more accurately.

I understand where you are going.
I reread the SOC FAQ on swalife.
The partition only is specific on crews, planes and dispatchers.
Madman can answer this more accurately.
Article 3 section 4a states that the Company must keep the operations separated until there is a single CBA and the seniority list is integrated. That includes keeping our work separate from AT, which would be the aircraft on SWA's Operating Certificate. When negotiating this language both parties agreed when refering to what aircraft would be considered falling under the jurisdiction of the AMFA Mechanic's CBA, it was those aircraft being operated under SWA's operating certificate.

That is why there is an argument to be made that at SOC since all aircraft are now operated under SWA's operating certificate they all fall under the jurisdiction of the AMFA Mechanic's CBA and AT has no aircraft that fall under their CBA. That is AMFA's position, but, one that is reinforced by the failed transition agreement language that showed the Company seeking relief from the Article 3 language I quoted above.

The moving of crews and aircraft over the partition is a transiton agreement item in both the pilot's and FA's ratified agreements. We have no such agreement.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts