Atheist Must Join Church

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Refuses oath to defend US

An atheist seeking U.S. citizenship was allegedly told by the government that she would need to join a church prior to the granting of her request. Margaret Doughty, 64, has lived in America as a permanent resident for more than three decades, but when she approached the government in an effort to secure citizenship, she was in for quite a surprise.
According to Doughty’s account, officials told the woman — a non-believer — that she must join a non-violent church or her quest for citizenship would be rejected. Here’s why: On her application, the U.K. native apparently noted that she objects to a required citizenship pledge to bear arms in defense of the U.S., as she does not support war.
In order to be exempt from this requirement, Doughty was apparently told that she would need to prove that her moral view is rooted in religious sentiment — and that she would need to join a church to do so.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/20/u-s-immigration-officials-allegedly-tell-atheist-she-must-join-a-church-if-she-refuses-oath-to-defend-the-u-s/

Upon enlistment.....if you wish to play

And since our military is "all volunteer", why should she be required to enlist? As things are right now, military service is voluntary, not mandatory. If it WERE mandatory, I doubt we would have invaded Iraq.

And signals...you used that key word..."drafted". Ali went to prison over his beliefs. But if he were that age today, he wouldn't have been compelled to go.

Never said I did ! But if told to take up arms, in order to protect "MY" country, I would !

Next !

IRaq was a threat...why did you not take up arms to protect your country during that threat? Because nobody TOLD you to? If they reinstated the draft, would you feel safer knowing that we were drafting 64 year old women to go fight for the country?

And since our military is "all volunteer", why should she be required to enlist? As things are right now, military service is voluntary, not mandatory. If it WERE mandatory, I doubt we would have invaded Iraq.

And signals...you used that key word..."drafted". Ali went to prison over his beliefs. But if he were that age today, he wouldn't have been compelled to go.

Maybe you should look into the oath?
All voluntary Army don't mean dick....they don't get the numbers, draft is instituted, then you and your daughter can run for Canada.

IRaq was a threat...why did you not take up arms to protect your country during that threat? Because nobody TOLD you to? If they reinstated the draft, would you feel safer knowing that we were drafting 64 year old women to go fight for the country?

So when China invades, your going to cower in the corner, point to your "GUN FREE ZONE" yard sign, I take it !

You are full of crap.....Ali never went to prison.....never.