Atlanta Airport

ilc

Jan 9, 2011
I've never been to Atlanta airport. We have a connecting flight, layover in Atlanta for 1.15 hours.

1. Is this enough time to catch our connecting flight? Not sure how easy the airport is to navigate?
  2. Is there a lot of walking, or is there a free shuttle or golf cart type ride we can catch?
  3. Are there lots of fast food restaurants, etc. to grab a quick bite?

Thanks in advance

I've never been to Atlanta airport. We have a connecting flight, layover in Atlanta for 1.15 hours.

1. Is this enough time to catch our connecting flight? Not sure how easy the airport is to navigate?
  2. Is there a lot of walking, or is there a free shuttle or golf cart type ride we can catch?

Thanks in advance
its very easy and if you have to go to a different concourse, take the train which runs between each terminal. the terminals have restaurants where you can get a bite to eat.

Thanks in advance

I agree with robbed again I fly through ATL a lot since I fly AirTran I once had a short connection I came into term D and most all AirTran flights come into C so I knew I had to get to term C so I ran got on the train went to term C looked at the board only to find out my connecting flight was in term D right next door to my arriving flight. Would have shot myself if I had a gun..lol Got back on the train and got back in plenty of time to catch my connecting flight...So in short yes 1.15 should be cool for you ATL is very efficient if the weather cooperates.

its very easy and if you have to go to a different concourse, take the train which runs between each terminal. the terminals have restaurants where you can get a bite to eat.

I agree with robbed again I fly through ATL a lot since I fly AirTran I once had a short connection I came into term D and most all AirTran flights come into C so I knew I had to get to term C so I ran got on the train went to term C looked at the board only to find out my connecting flight was in term D right next door to my arriving flight. Would have shot myself if I had a gun..lol Got back on the train and got back in plenty of time to catch my connecting flight...So in short yes 1.15 should be cool for you ATL is very efficient if the weather cooperates.

Thank you both for the info!

Lets see College Park, GA:

Room rates from $129.00 Mon to Thur and 109.00 on Fri or SAT

Not exactly where I would want to be getting a room for a fun filled ATL weekend.

Crime

According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's annual Uniform Crime Report and the College Park police department, College Park had 13 homicides in 2008. College Park's incident rate for violent crimes is much higher than most other US cities. In 2008 College Park had the highest crime rate in Georgia. Many areas associated with College Park aren't in the city proper. These areas are under the jurisdiction of the Clayton and Fulton County Police Departments, respectively.

Here is another link for College Park, GA:

Again let the numbers speak for the area:

http://www.cityrating.com/crime-statistics/georgia/college-park.html

Last time I was in College Park, I saw a Waffle House get robbed at gunpoint. Pass...
All us graveyard shifters used to eat there nightly. It was 5 minutes from the old Southern Airways hangar (Republic, NWA). One of the finest Waffle Houses you will ever find (at least back then it was).