"attention All Ual Amfa Mechanics"!

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
UAL AMT's.
Before I go into my "summation" let me first "clear the air" by saying that I "USE" to work(retired from) for the competition.(AA) !

Fate, for whatever reason, has put you guys/gals in the "spotlight" for this "lunatic industry" that we ALL have a love hate relationship with.

Rightly, or wrongly, fate has put you in this historic position !
(I expect that if NW Amfa amt's are put in a similiar spot, they ALSO will react as you folks have)(WN amt's will most likely NEVER find themselves in this spot)

As you know, the feds will void your contract, AND you most likely will "RIGHTFULLY" STRIKE UAL.

IMHO, you'll be sending a message to more than UAL corp. You will be sending a message to all the industry, and "greedy" corperate america(THINK $$$ BONUSES AND GOLDEN PARACHUTES) !!!

While the unions in this country have, for the most part, been ALLOWING corperate america to RAPE them,(Think TWU, IAM, ALPA,APA AFA, and APFA) every once in a (RARE) while a situation like this, comes along.

Example;

Think back to the West Coast Dock Workers Strike, a few years back.

You folks have a chance to say "ENOUGH" !!!!!!!!!!!

Could UA go CH-7 ? Yes they could.
Will UA go CH-7 ? IMHO, unlikely

UAL will probably take their $$$ frustration out on the IAM,ALPA, and AFA.
"SO BE IT".
If those folks "represented" by those lap dog unions, DON'T LIKE IT, then "DO SOME ***KING THING ABOUT IT" !!!!!!

You guys/gals have the chance to say "ENOUGH", "IT STOPS HERE" !!!!!

For what It's worth, I WILL walk a picket line with you, AND I WILL $$ contribute to your cause.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT ???
I WON"T be the only person supporting you.
You HAVE more support out here than you may realize !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK, and GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's
AA/Retired

ps,
My picket sign will read,

corperate GREED
+++++++++++
"IT STOPS HERE, AND IT STOPS--- N O W " !!!!!!!!

It should be noted that NHBB was a union worker, as a former FSC he was told for many years that AMFA was a scab union by the TWU. Yet he sees though it to realize that this is not just a mechanics struggle but a struggle by all the workers of this industry who are being led to the slaughter by their incompetant, useless business unions.

The message being sent is not just to the airlines, its being sent to the corrupt business unions as well.

Just as I said that we all should support the AFA when they made their call for a Nationwide strike I say the same for our brother at UAL.

Airline workers, since their unions will not do it, need to send a message and give our brothers at UAL full support.

It should also be noted that NHBB works for American Airlines and will benefit greatly from the demise of United.

I'm a little tired of the AA employees egging on the other airlines' unions. It is extremely self-serving. Anyone who falls for their tripe is a fool.

TheDog2004 said:
It should also be noted that NHBB works for American Airlines and will benefit greatly from the demise of United.

I'm a little tired of the AA employees egging on the other airlines' unions. It is extremely self-serving. Anyone who falls for their tripe is a fool.
[post="243793"][/post]​

Correction. You have the wrong verb tense. NHBB WORKED, not works, for AA. He is retired. He's just a union man who is proud to see other union people stand up for what is right.

jimntx said:
Correction. You have the wrong verb tense. NHBB WORKED, not works, for AA. He is retired. He's just a union man who is proud to see other union people stand up for what is right.
[post="243798"][/post]​

so you think it would be right for United to die while you continue to make money working at American?

You AA employees are beneath contempt. You play on other's emotions on this board to fan the flames in order to promote your agenda, which is not in the interest of the employees of other airlines, union or not.

You do not work for a union - you work for a company. You cannot be so stupid as to believe that it is any other way. You only have common representation.

It's like two athletes being represented by Scott Boras - both are loyal to Boras, but both want to win the World Series. You think they allow their loyalty to Boras to get in the way of running through the second baseman to break up the double play?

TheDog2004 said:
so you think it would be right for United to die while you continue to make money working at American?

You AA employees are beneath contempt. You play on other's emotions on this board to fan the flames in order to promote your agenda, which is not in the interest of the employees of other airlines, union or not.

You do not work for a union - you work for a company. You cannot be so stupid as to believe that it is any other way. You only have common representation.

It's like two athletes being represented by Scott Boras - both are loyal to Boras, but both want to win the World Series. You think they allow their loyalty to Boras to get in the way of running through the second baseman to break up the double play?
[post="243922"][/post]​
<_< Dog, I work for a.a. as an AMT! I worked for TWA before that! And I've got to say that it has gotten well beyound a.a. vers. UAL! If you'll watch more than just the UAL board you will see a pattern here that permurates thoughout the Industry! Our "Union" the TWU is about to roll over for managament again! Where's the AFL/CIO in all of this? Just proves what a joke they really are! Every son of a Union worker should be calling his, or her Congress person and tell them to get off their fat a$$ and fix what is one of the most critical Industries in this country!!! And if George W. thinks he can bring his troops home from Iraq on Southwest, God help him!!!

Of course the other airline employees want to see us stand up, and they probably think they mean it too. If we stand up over at United, and it sends shockwaves, the other companies will notice and may even stop some of their "cost cutting measures". It probably makes them giddy just thinking about the possible ramifications of a strike over here. Everyone in the industry is waiting to see who fails (and no one wants it to be their airline), so of course, they cheer us on. But don't be fooled by their smiling faces.

Okay Fly...so when do you speak up? Do we all just sit and sit and sit until somebody DOES something? USAir flopped, balked, fell down, whatever....we are in BK and nobody that matters is....if it was American what would you say? "Go guys...you're great."? Yeah, they probably are getting both ends of a great deal. One, their main competition is gone. Two, it shows that labor is finally taking some ground. Win, win for everyone else to be sure. United has been on a roller coaster for 30 years. We chose poorly in so many ways. Maybe it's just time to stop this ride....

Just pointing out the obvious Ronin. They aren't cheering us on cuz they like us. As long as everyone understands that, the better. They are self serving, to be sure.

Despite what the company kool-aide drinkers present; most of us realize that the failure of U and/or UAL fould precipitate the demise of the remaining legacy carriers. You do what you need to do and fight the fight you think necessary; god knows the TWU would never fight unless an increase in dues were the reason.
--------------------------------------------------

Aa's Purchase Of Twa, Good or Bad?
Boomer Today, 05:37 AM Post #68

Group: Founders Club
Member No.: 93

QUOTE(FWAAA @ Jan 29 2005, 07:05 AM)
I agree. And the sooner the oversupply is corrected (which is why those fares are too low) by the failure of UAL, USAir and ATA, the better. Fortunately, the AMFA members at UAL may have hastened that correction with their concession rejection.

Nevertheless, that revenue has paid your paycheck, fueled the airplanes and paid other bills, and none of those recipients' checks depended on whether AA was profitable.
--------------------------------
FWAAA,
Are you on drugs? The failure of both/either U or UAL will increase the pressures on the remaining Legacy Carriers Exponentially.

Both UAL and U have both/either A320/B737 fleets that will be down and not turning a profit for their lessors. AMR has too much cash to enjoin the comfort of BK; too little trust with their Unions to negotiate a timely deal; and, too many restrictions to capitalize on the crises.

Both/either LUV or JetBlue have the cash: we don't. They could snap up favorable leases on the tin U and UAL leave on the ground and use it to increase a more heavily leveraged face off with AMR and the rest of legacy carriers.

The lessors get an amount certain versus nothing; and with it, the rationalization in capacity going forward to give certainty to current obligations.

Ya know, jimntx is among the most level-headed posters on this board. If you're going to attack someone's credibility, at least do the research first.

TheDog2004 said:

Wrong again. Those you see here arent doing anything they didnt do at the airline where they work. I urged my coworkers to say no. In fact because I did so the International removed me from office. I personally wrote the letter to our members urging that they reject the contract which was mailed to every member of our Locals home-our Local voted NO by over 90%. We even took that same letter and took out a full page ad in the Tulsa World appealing to the members of the largest Local in our system to reject the contract so you call it what you will but to say we are beneath contempt is just the ramblings of someone who is.

Thats right, supposedly to represent our interests which is to maximize our compensation.

Wrong, one team might be looking to beat the other in a game but not put the other team out of business. The athletes compete to win games, you dont see them underbidding each other as far as pay in order to make the company more money. They are not in a contrest to see who can work for less.

If the company wants to enter a contest on who can load the planes the fastest or fix them the fastest, fine, I'll play, but they are competing on how much they can screw their workers.

TheDog2004 said:

[post="243793"][/post]​

I generally am on the opposite end of an argument with NHBB's, including this one. Over the years, I have come to realize that he genuinely believes that the best protection for the worker is a strong union. Whenever any union anywhere stands up for its rights and workers vote to stand strong, it reaffirms that there is a potential for unions to regain their lost power and return to their place as a counterbalance to management. It also shows that unions can still be relevant today and can make a postive the difference for those that they represent.

When APFA at AA initially voted down a T/A that would have kept them from bankruptcy, he was singing APFA's praises for taking a stand. IMHO, he will not take any pleasure if a strike forces UAL out of business, but he will take pleasure if AMFA's stand makes a difference for the UAL mechanic.

Bottom line: I do not believe that he fanning the flames. He wants to see unions step forward and protect their respective memberships against managment. AMFA took such an action with this vote.

Wrong again. Those you see here arent doing anything they didnt do at the airline where they work. I urged my coworkers to say no. In fact because I did so the International removed me from office. I personally wrote the letter to our members urging that they reject the contract which was mailed to every member of our Locals home-our Local voted NO by over 90%. We even took that same letter and took out a full page ad in the Tulsa World appealing to the members of the largest Local in our system to reject the contract so you call it what you will but to say we are beneath contempt is just the ramblings of someone who is.

But yet you still work there.... If you actually had the courage of your convictions, wouldn't it have sent a message for you and all your "burn it down" buddies to have walked? Wouldn't do that yourself though huh. But I'm think I'm figuring it out. You think your job pay's plenty. You don't mind the work rules. You are just uninformed enough to think that you have some sort of leverage right now. It would be comical if it weren't so scary. You want to strike a place even though you think the pay and benefits are enough. Wait, let me rephrase that, you want to THREATEN to strike a place, yet because you are either unwilling or unable to walk the walk by actually taking you ever so valuable skills elsewhere, we know what the outcome of your strike would be.

Busdrvr said:
But yet you still work there.... If you actually had the courage of your convictions, wouldn't it have sent a message for you and all your "burn it down" buddies to have walked? Wouldn't do that yourself though huh. But I'm think I'm figuring it out. You think your job pay's plenty. You don't mind the work rules. You are just uninformed enough to think that you have some sort of leverage right now. It would be comical if it weren't so scary. You want to strike a place even though you think the pay and benefits are enough. Wait, let me rephrase that, you want to THREATEN to strike a place, yet because you are either unwilling or unable to walk the walk by actually taking you ever so valuable skills elsewhere, we know what the outcome of your strike would be.
[post="244043"][/post]​

Well it seems that the more we go on here you want to focus on making this personal instead of debating the issues. Fine.

Lets look at this cowardly clown that claims to be an ex-ual pilot called Busdrvr. Who from behind an alias can claim whatever he wants because no one really knows you for what you really are. Like the sneak who writes things on the bathroom wall that he is too much of a coward to say in public you come out here and spew your baseless accusations. Say what you want, but the fact is that I say what I believe to be true, and I dont hide it like you.

Latest posts