Attention fleet service . April 12th protest

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
Protest April 12th
Join us out in front of us airways HQ
From 3 - 6 pm Where will be emphasizing our Displeasure with how we are being treated by our own company .

Bring your own signs , bigger is better !

Okay. Go to the ticketing level once you get to PHX. Walk out between the US Airways ticket counters to the north curb (facing US planes not WN), walk outside take a left all the way to the Valley Metro stop. Get on the eastbound Red Line bus. Pay the driver $1.25 in exact change. Tell the driver you are from out of town, you want a transfer pass, and have him/her yell out when you get to Mill Avenue in Tempe (there are automatic announcements and a scrolling marquee but sometimes they are kaput). Get out at Mill Avenue and take the northbound Route 66 bus at the stop in front of Chili's on the southeast corner of Mill and University. Show the driver your yellow transfer pass and tell him/her you are going to US Airways headquarters on Rio Salado. Get out at Rio Salado/Tempe Town Lake. You'll see it. There is also a large flour mill at this corner.

Or easier yet:

Take the Red Line bus to Mill Avenue and walk several blocks up to Tempe Town Lake/Rio Salado, US HQ. There are shops, restaurants and bars. If you need driving directions ask someone or check online .

The picnic has been canceled in favor of happy hour at one of the local bars/restaurants .

GET ON BOARD
LOG ONTO www.usaviation.com
( LOOK FOR THE US AIRWAYS MESSAGE BOARD )

If you have any questions feel free to post them here , also please spread the word , thank you for your time .

Protest April 12th
Join us out in front of us airways HQ
From 3 - 6 pm Where will be emphasizing our Displeasure with how we are being treated by our own company .

Bring your own signs , bigger is better !

Okay. Go to the ticketing level once you get to PHX. Walk out between the US Airways ticket counters to the north curb (facing US planes not WN), walk outside take a left all the way to the Valley Metro stop. Get on the eastbound Red Line bus. Pay the driver $1.25 in exact change. Tell the driver you are from out of town, you want a transfer pass, and have him/her yell out when you get to Mill Avenue in Tempe (there are automatic announcements and a scrolling marquee but sometimes they are kaput). Get out at Mill Avenue and take the northbound Route 66 bus at the stop in front of Chili's on the southeast corner of Mill and University. Show the driver your yellow transfer pass and tell him/her you are going to US Airways headquarters on Rio Salado. Get out at Rio Salado/Tempe Town Lake. You'll see it. There is also a large flour mill at this corner.

Or easier yet:

Take the Red Line bus to Mill Avenue and walk several blocks up to Tempe Town Lake/Rio Salado, US HQ. There are shops, restaurants and bars. If you need driving directions ask someone or check online .

The picnic has been canceled in favor of happy hour at one of the local bars/restaurants .

GET ON BOARD
LOG ONTO www.usaviation.com
( LOOK FOR THE US AIRWAYS MESSAGE BOARD )

If you have any questions feel free to post them here , also please spread the word , thank you for your time .
Mills street, Hmmm I remember a place I believe called "Twin Peaks Brewery" down the road a piece from Mills. Great place! Sounds like it's a good idea to cancel the picnic and head over to the brewers.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard that the IAM is sanctioning this. Quite sad when the rank and file have bigger balls than its representatives. Actually it isn't even a matter of bigger balls, it's a matter of necessity.

At US AIRWAYS, the PHL agents actually picketed the IAM headquarters with signs and I remember one guy in a milk jug that read "Have you seen this Union?" Missing in Action. The IAM fussed about it but, in the end, they ended up buying off the guy who led the picket and giving him close to a $100,000 job. Money talks, if fleet could ever have just one stand up guy become a leader and not sell out for money, it would be getting somewhere, provided there weren't 12 different camps.

regards,

Mills street, Hmmm I remember a place I believe called "Twin Peaks Brewery" down the road a piece from Mills. Great place! Sounds like it's a good idea to cancel the picnic and head over to the brewers.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard that the IAM is sanctioning this. Quite sad when the rank and file have bigger balls than its representatives. Actually it isn't even a matter of bigger balls, it's a matter of necessity.

regards,
Actually it's 4 peaks , and your right , it's a great place .

There was a time when i would not have agreed with you. But now we are starting to understand just HOW the IAM works here in PHX , i guess they truly are only interested in the money and not the people ... At least that's how it was explained to me by a former IAM rep ...
Either way it's time for a CHANGE OF CONTROL on the way things are done ... if they are going to let us rot , then i see no reason we shouldn't start to influence the way they do bussiness .. We here in arizona sit at the natural power base of the company , it is THIS station that will have more power than any other ,The IAM will have no choice but to listen to us , and if they don't we will send shock waves throuout the system .

Just to clarify , that last paragahy was on HOW the IAM does bussiness , i still belive our union when they tell me that it is the company that is dragging it's feet to settle the change of control arbitrabtion .... sometimes the company likes to try and twist words .

There was a time when i would not have agreed with you. But now we are starting to understand just HOW the IAM works here in PHX , i guess they truly are only interested in the money and not the people ... At least that's how it was explained to me by a former IAM rep ...
Either way it's time for a CHANGE OF CONTROL on the way things are done ... if they are going to let us rot , then i see no reason we shouldn't start to influence the way they do bussiness .. We here in arizona sit at the natural power base of the company , it is THIS station that will have more power than any other ,The IAM will have no choice but to listen to us , and if they don't we will send shock waves throuout the system .

Just to clarify , that last paragahy was on HOW the IAM does bussiness , i still belive our union when they tell me that it is the company that is dragging it's feet to settle the change of control arbitrabtion .... sometimes the company likes to try and twist words .

O.K. Here it is! Yea! here it is! Express it! Shirts!
PLAY FAIR! US ???ways. We bypassed the patent laws. We had corporate labor relations on it! We are clear and safe. EXPRESS your self. April 12, 3-6pm HQ. What else can we do!

I like your style. Just remember, PHX can't do it alone though.
regards,

Ya Know! I always wait for the "silver tongued" to write after I add my Ukranian Stuff. And I am a "putts" on the web. But! We have to have them Feel the "Burn" with our 3rd Picket in Phoenix. Even AWA is gone and we're going down with the Attitude of the old US Air. Hey, Phoenix hails for progressive progress. Have to say, AWA had an airline where almost 50% relied on a second job. These wages we went into knowing we only wanted to fly. Now, we realize Legacy airlines could actually live on those wages. Now, Phoenix employees have two jobs, maybe one day off, daycare sitters, and taxes, and very little left to fill the tank. This is NOT, the American Dream.
Doug is coming to see Fleet and Mechanics. We in no way want "Lip service". His ability to change our lifestyles should be at his free will. Or, does he have someone holding a "knife to his back?. Sorry. That is the way it was said before without being "politically correct".

April 12! 3-6pm. Let them feel the "Burn". Bring signs.

Hell yeah~!!! i hear you about having to work two jobs just to survive!

While we are discussing Fleet Svc, does anyone....anyone..have an update as to the status of the 60 day furlough clause??? I know that it was a hot topic at one time, but haven't heard much of anything about it for a long time. I kind of assume that it is a dead issue now that the IAM and the company are no longer talking about the transition agreement, and it has gone to arbitration. Maybe someone here has somewhat of an inside scoop, and would know if this issue is still on the agenda of the IAM or not...Thanks....

First of all the transition agreement has not gone to arbitration, nothing has changed in regard to the 60 day furlough language.

The "change of control" grievance was scheduled to go to arbitration and the company has gone back to bankruptcy court to stop it and the IAM has gone to District Court to make the arbitration procede.

First of all the transition agreement has not gone to arbitration, nothing has changed in regard to the 60 day furlough language.

The "change of control" grievance was scheduled to go to arbitration and the company has gone back to bankruptcy court to stop it and the IAM has gone to District Court to make the arbitration procede.
i dont know because my buddy at work and I both have called several unions reps and chairmans and they said that the thing is now in arbitration. thats what we were told.

There you go again, just like breaking into a coworker's office and ratting them out is ok in your eyes.

And the IAM never sanctioned the incident that occured and all charges were dropped.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Guess in your eyes it is legal that management hired thugs like the pinkertons to kill and hurt union activits, ie Haymarket Square, Maetwan and others.

At one point the IAM was trying to eliminate the 60 day furlough clause as part of the transition agreement.
So has any type of a solid agreement ever been reached or not? Sorry if I seem to be a bit out of touch here, but I am furloughed and don't get any current info from anywhere. The DL 141 site has not mentioned this topic for quite a while now.