Attitudes Speak Volumes!

Bambi

Sep 17, 2005
I was reading a couple messages on this board and absolutely am appalled at such negativity in many ways. Most importantly the selfishness of some. I am in no doubt angry at what US Airways employees have been put thru in recent years! I am angry that ANY management would allow a company to come to the point yours did and to screw people the way you all have been screwed! However...for those of you still at US and who didn't take the "buyout" or were laid off...be thankful. Be thankful you have a job to go to. Be thankful you still have passengers who are flying you. Be NICE to the passengers. It's not their fault your management team screwed up! And more importantly, remember the other airline employees who are in the same industry that YOU affect...cuz baggage definitely DOMINOES last year..big time!

In particular at this time I am referring to the rampers in another topic complaining about management "helping" on the ramp. Deal with it! Get over it! I do believe what some responders stated in the fact that perhaps they want to know what is needed to improve matters. All I know, is I (along with 1000nd of others) last Christmas had to take baggage calls that had "dominoed" across the entire industry because of US issues and the "sick" employees. I'm sorry for what you have had to endure...but it is no excuse to cause the passengers to ultimately be the one's to suffer...not the company or management-- who were home safe and secure with their families without a care in the world.

You see...this is the attitude I DON'T want to see creep into our "new company." I can guarantee you one thing...if I had even ONE fon number of any baggage handlers or rampers who called in sick last year, I would've given it out to every one of the passengers who had bags missing that originated on US and were reaccomed to HP at the time! I think that type of selfishness is wrong. You don't solve problems with sickouts! You don't solve them with tantrums. That is what the UNION is supposed to be for...to calmly and collectively bargain issues...but Christmas holiday season is NOT the time to make your point, no matter what. Because you are not only hurting YOUR company, but you are hurting the one's who put that paycheck in your pocket! Why would you think the passengers would want to come back to supply your "need" with what they have had to endure?

Please...let's ALL start fresh! Put down OLD grudges and issues....give the NEW company a break and a chance! But it has to start with each and every one of us working together...and WITH ONE ANOTHER! If you aren't willing to do that, then maybe HP employees shouldn't worry about their seniority, because as far as I'm concerned, if you don't have the best interests of your passenger first, then you are in the wrong industry. CUSTOMER SERVICE should ALWAYS be NUMBER ONE! And ATTITUDES should be left in the parking lot!

THX for listening,

Apparently you did not read the Inspector General's report where he blamed management, not labor.

And there is no excuse for letting management violate your contract.

Why bother having one if you let them violate it.

But on the other hand, you violate it or break their rules and see how fast you will be disciplined.

Fpr those of you who think it is okay for management to violate your contract you are nothing more then a traitor to your union, your brothers and sisters, the laid-off members and most of all the labor movement.

Another thing, there ramp has taken three rounds of concessions and management had the opportunity to amend the scope language, they did not therefore they have to abide by the legal and binding contract under the provisions of the Railway Labor Act.

Bambi wrote: You don't solve them with tantrums.

So Bambi, What do you call this post of yours? informational?
I really do think you need to read the gov report on the christmas meltdown.
Your own anger shown here and the incorrect statements you make are certainly not going to help make things better in the future. Your telling them to "Get over it". I really think you need to find some peace with the past.
Good Luck!!

Ticket2Ride said:
Bambi wrote: You don't solve them with tantrums.

So Bambi, What do you call this post of yours? informational?
I really do think you need to read the gov report on the christmas meltdown.
Your own anger shown here and the incorrect statements you make are certainly not going to help make things better in the future. Your telling them to "Get over it". I really think you need to find some peace with the past.
Good Luck!!
[post="308981"][/post]​

Maybe Bambi missed the IGs report, but she(?) didn't miss the attitude problem. Some of the posts in the other thread re rampers and suits are amazing. They are the very image of a union gone berserk. Someone offers you a hand doing your job and because they are mgt you get upset?

ARE YOU NUTS????

This is not about breaking a contract or losing jobs. It is about grieving just because you can. It is about giving the finger to mgt. It about shooting yourself in the foot.

Not long ago in Philly the carpenters union was doing stuff like this at the convention center. Business was flying out the door rather than deal with the nonsense. It got so bad that other local unions put together a team to solve the problem of the one wacky union that was going to blow jobs for everyone.

bofie said:
Maybe Bambi missed the IGs report, but she(?) didn't miss the attitude problem. Some of the posts in the other thread re rampers and suits are amazing. They are the very image of a union gone berserk. Someone offers you a hand doing your job and because they are mgt you get upset?

ARE YOU NUTS????

This is not about breaking a contract or losing jobs. It is about grieving just because you can. It is about giving the finger to mgt. It about shooting yourself in the foot.

Not long ago in Philly the carpenters union was doing stuff like this at the convention center. Business was flying out the door rather than deal with the nonsense. It got so bad that other local unions put together a team to solve the problem of the one wacky union that was going to blow jobs for everyone.
[post="308999"][/post]​

When the devil faces another devil all hell breaks loose, which devil owns you?

Never mind, I can see him...the one who puts up a facade by painting smiley faces.

all Bambi is saying is that you everyone needs to give the new USAIRWAYS a chance. If you guys have issues (like lack of equip) on the ground that prohibit you from doing your job let the execs know... trust that Doug is doing everything he can to get this operation moving and runnin smoothly. But they need to know about these things. Don't sit around and whine about it!

p.s stop drawing the line in the sand because its all one big happy disfunctional family.

I understand Bambi is upset by what she perceives to be "bad attitudes".
BUT, she should get her facts straight before she starts throwing stones.
I've been reading this foum since last Spring and have learned a lot. Sometimes its good to read and learn before you spout.

Bambi, read some of the posts about PHL, and you will see it is understaffed and under supplied. Not enuf basic equipment and people to complete the job on a good day.
That is a mgmnt issue, lack of proper planning, budgeting.
Don't blame the poor folks who have to deal with it first-hand and live it daily.

I do agree that good customer service and a good attitude are important.
Good morale as a result of good mgmnt is necessary, first, tho.

Don't be discouraged by the small minority of overly vocal and negative employees who post on this board. These people have never been, and never will be, happy or satisfied no matter what happens. The vast majority of employees want to see this new company thrive and succeed; it's in everyone's best interest, isn't it? Just try to ignore the never ending us-versus-them (management) mentality espoused by these few unhappy souls. Doug Parker is trying very hard to unite all of the employees, and so far is doing a remarkable job. Everyone just needs to be on the same team, going in the same direction.

Another point for Bambi to consider.

For most of the time management was giving U employees the 'business', U employees kept U around the top of the DOT stats - OT, PAWOBs, etc.

That is called being a professional, and wanting your company to survive.

Plus, adults are supposed to multi-task.

It is perfectly possible to have a one ton case of the a$$ with management, and still do right by your customers.

And has been mentioned, libeling the group you are asking to improve themselves is not the best sales tactic! :shock:

westcoastflyer said:
Don't be discouraged by the small minority of overly vocal and negative employees who post on this board. These people have never been, and never will be, happy or satisfied no matter what happens. The vast majority of employees want to see this new company thrive and succeed; it's in everyone's best interest, isn't it? Just try to ignore the never ending us-versus-them (management) mentality espoused by these few unhappy souls. Doug Parker is trying very hard to unite all of the employees, and so far is doing a remarkable job. Everyone just needs to be on the same team, going in the same direction.
[post="309085"][/post]​

westcoastflyer,

I am not a negative poster ( as you might label ) most would agree. I for one do not agree with some of the " negative posters" comments over the last several years. However I welcome the viewpoints from ( 7oo, delldude , etc ) as they appear mostly consistent and sincere. My discouragement possibility arrives from the damage this Mgt has inflicted to many and I refuse to be ignorant to the ongoing possibilities that may soon arrive. Thier points are informational and what I would expect from a union supporter. Yours is a viewpoint not like theirs. Perhaps yours may more reflect a west coaster ( like PSA ) that may be senior enuf to not take the hits many have taken? Did a DOH policy help to form such an attitude?

Welcome to the board!

FA

fatherabraham said:
westcoastflyer,

However I welcome the viewpoints from ( 7oo, delldude , etc ) as they appear mostly consistent and sincere.

FA
[post="309193"][/post]​

I agree with half of the above statement. One poster is professional the other is often not. Unprofessional posts carry no weight and are very cute but ineffective. They don't realize how absurd they appear because they are too busy admiring how cute they think they are being.

Bambi said:
I was reading a couple messages on this board and absolutely am appalled at such negativity in many ways. Most importantly the selfishness of some. I am in no doubt angry at what US Airways employees have been put thru in recent years! I am angry that ANY management would allow a company to come to the point yours did and to screw people the way you all have been screwed! However...for those of you still at US and who didn't take the "buyout" or were laid off...be thankful. Be thankful you have a job to go to. Be thankful you still have passengers who are flying you. Be NICE to the passengers. It's not their fault your management team screwed up! And more importantly, remember the other airline employees who are in the same industry that YOU affect...cuz baggage definitely DOMINOES last year..big time!

In particular at this time I am referring to the rampers in another topic complaining about management "helping" on the ramp. Deal with it! Get over it! I do believe what some responders stated in the fact that perhaps they want to know what is needed to improve matters. All I know, is I (along with 1000nd of others) last Christmas had to take baggage calls that had "dominoed" across the entire industry because of US issues and the "sick" employees. I'm sorry for what you have had to endure...but it is no excuse to cause the passengers to ultimately be the one's to suffer...not the company or management-- who were home safe and secure with their families without a care in the world.

You see...this is the attitude I DON'T want to see creep into our "new company." I can guarantee you one thing...if I had even ONE fon number of any baggage handlers or rampers who called in sick last year, I would've given it out to every one of the passengers who had bags missing that originated on US and were reaccomed to HP at the time! I think that type of selfishness is wrong. You don't solve problems with sickouts! You don't solve them with tantrums. That is what the UNION is supposed to be for...to calmly and collectively bargain issues...but Christmas holiday season is NOT the time to make your point, no matter what. Because you are not only hurting YOUR company, but you are hurting the one's who put that paycheck in your pocket! Why would you think the passengers would want to come back to supply your "need" with what they have had to endure?

Please...let's ALL start fresh! Put down OLD grudges and issues....give the NEW company a break and a chance! But it has to start with each and every one of us working together...and WITH ONE ANOTHER! If you aren't willing to do that, then maybe HP employees shouldn't worry about their seniority, because as far as I'm concerned, if you don't have the best interests of your passenger first, then you are in the wrong industry. CUSTOMER SERVICE should ALWAYS be NUMBER ONE! And ATTITUDES should be left in the parking lot!

THX for listening,
[post="308967"][/post]​

What time warp are you living in????? THERE WAS NO SICK OUT AT USAIRWAYS DURING THE XMAS HOLIDAY.

Try reading the data that came out from the government investigation DOT report.

Get a grip sister!!! :angry: