Attn Furloughed U Pilots

Swaayze

Advanced
Sep 5, 2002
Just read a letter in the ALPA mag regarding one of our furloughed brothers. I don't know this guy from Adam, but if you think you have had a tough time since 9/11 this will help you realize just how good you may have it. According to the letter this gentleman needs $50-60k for expenses uncovered by insurance for a double lung and possible heart transplant.

My proposal is this - Let's be an example of unity: if each furloughed pilot contributes just $5 or $10 (tax-deductible and takes less than 5 minutes), we will help immensely with this. Just do it. Go to this website:

http://www.transplantfund.org/Restricted/p...FTOKEN=35097380

Thanks

Just did it. :up: Not sure why post is limiting to furloughed pilots. I am not. Good opportunity to share your blessings with a brother in need.

FA

Thanks guys/gals. I didn't really intend to restrict this to furloughed pilots of course, but I just know we have a different perspective and we have a chance to show how things can be done if a specific group comes together. I hope that EVERYONE on here will donate to a fellow U employee in need. It's reasonable for each of us to be able to do $5 or 10, and with a significant participation it will make a huge difference in this person's life!

Agree!

Read the guys bio and he has 3 boys that need his Dad for a long time. Plus he added many years of vital service that all employees benifited from and now his deserved health benefits are lost due to NO fault of his own.
God Bless him.

FA