August 2014 schedule changes

boston

Senior
Aug 7, 2004
I was wondering if anyone has checked out the new schedule changes, I've herd a few things like ATL-MIA or vice versa last mainline jet departing around
12:00pm ish, also US flying some of our JFK Caribbean flying?  

Sabre- cant keep all my codes, matter of fact I've been out since Feb, with a injury and cant even figure out my tablet password, it was changed day's before I wet out.

The ATL info came from a agent, US rumor is that their closing FLL and going to concentrate on PBI & MIA.
Anyway, I thought Id try here and what others had heard.

If you don't have access to Sabre, try Kayak.

Still shows mainline 4 of the 7 flights including afternoon/evenings.

ATL-MIA at 1440 and 1640; MIA-ATL at 1900 and 2200.

boston said:

Sabre- cant keep all my codes, matter of fact I've been out since Feb, with a injury and cant even figure out my tablet password, it was changed day's before I wet out.

The ATL info came from a agent, US rumor is that their closing FLL and going to concentrate on PBI & MIA.
Anyway, I thought Id try here and what others had heard.

I seriously doubt FLL will close. AA has reduced FLL considerably, I believe its a relatively large station for US and the preferred airport for many in the South Florida area.  I can't imagine that being a hole in the combined network.  Although UAL abandoned both FLL and PBI entirely and only sent UAX to IAD and ORD before the merger.

Josh

I just flew thru FLL, and found it to be a bit of a dump...

Convenient perhaps, and a good lower cost alternative to MIA for operators, but not a place I'd want to have to spend more than about 40 minutes.

eolesen said:
I just flew thru FLL, and found it to be a bit of a dump...Convenient perhaps, and a good lower cost alternative to MIA for operators, but not a place I'd want to have to spend more than about 40 minutes.
Less dumpy than PHL or CLT

Josh

737823 said:
Josh
Josh

You don't work for AA so it's not "some of our JFK " flying. Let's see AA's LGA terminal is a dump. There is no way CLT is a dump it's well maintained easy to navigate always being upgraded.

Once again you blow any ability to agree with you since all you do is bash US.

Last I checked AA operated from the exact same terminal in FLL as US that means they both operate from the same "dumpy" terminal.

Actually US operated in a better terminal in MIA than AA and had to move to the dumpy AA terminal.

Both airlines operate in airports that have not been maintained by local governments - neither airline is perfect.

Please move to UA or DL

Reactions: 3 people
jcw said:
Josh

You don't work for AA so it's not "some of our JFK " flying. Let's see AA's LGA terminal is a dump. There is no way CLT is a dump it's well maintained easy to navigate always being upgraded.

Once again you blow any ability to agree with you since all you do is bash US.

Last I checked AA operated from the exact same terminal in FLL as US that means they both operate from the same "dumpy" terminal.

Actually US operated in a better terminal in MIA than AA and had to move to the dumpy AA terminal.

Both airlines operate in airports that have not been maintained by local governments - neither airline is perfect.

Please move to UA or DL

Where did I say "some of our JFK flying".  I challenge you, indicate where I posted that.

You are obsessed with me (as 700UW would say).  The US facilities in CLT, PHL, and PHX are dilapidated and ought to be renovated up to AA standards. 

I'm not the one that said FLL is dumpy, sure its no state of the art facility but it is adequate for me.  I live in MIA, I know the airport. US operated from the J Concourse in the South Terminal, originally built exclusively for Star Alliance carriers.  The North Terminal Concourse D is an equally modern facility, although I will say as a local passenger there was less walking required from J gates than most D gates. Dumpy MIA terminal?  North Terminal is a modern state of the art facility opened in phases 2008-2010. I guess like many you are just a MIA hAAter. 

Of course LGA is a dump...it's LGA.  That said AA made improvements to Concourse D and the Admirals Club in the 2010-11 time frame.

Josh

you did say FLL is less dumpy than either PHL and CLT    but as jcw pointed out both them hubs are always being upgraded.   both airports are easy to navigate.  I have never been to FLL so I cannot really say what its like. 

MIA is hardly a dump anymore, and it took ten years to get there.

The FLL terminal AA and US are located in is 28 years old, and showing its age. I've heard of no plans to upgrade terminals 2 or 3, while terminal 1 is newer and getting an upgrade already.

Josh's constant jabs at anything US or IAM earned him a spot on my ignore list over a year ago...

Reactions: 1 person
737823 said:

Where did I say "some of our JFK flying".  I challenge you, indicate where I posted that.

You are obsessed with me (as 700UW would say).  The US facilities in CLT, PHL, and PHX are dilapidated and ought to be renovated up to AA standards. 

I'm not the one that said FLL is dumpy, sure its no state of the art facility but it is adequate for me.  I live in MIA, I know the airport. US operated from the J Concourse in the South Terminal, originally built exclusively for Star Alliance carriers.  The North Terminal Concourse D is an equally modern facility, although I will say as a local passenger there was less walking required from J gates than most D gates. Dumpy MIA terminal?  North Terminal is a modern state of the art facility opened in phases 2008-2010. I guess like many you are just a MIA hAAter. 

Of course LGA is a dump...it's LGA.  That said AA made improvements to Concourse D and the Admirals Club in the 2010-11 time frame.

Josh

The US LGA facility (Terminal C) has always put the AA facility (Terminal B  ) to shame, and continues to do so.  Even before DL came in and revamped the entire Terminal C, it was more spacious and definitely more modern (probably by about 40 years or more) than the sewer that AA uses.

face it - every airline has facilities that are spacious and beautiful while also having hubs that have been cobbled together over decades to create a hub at an airport that was never really designed to be one. CLT and MSP both have similar layouts and both work. Neither are terribly efficient from a passenger flow standpoint but MSP is a lot more spacious.

DFW was never designed to be a connecting hub the way ATL was - but ATL clearly handles way more passengers than it was designed to handle.

AA has poured a lot of money into DFW and it works, has a nice facility at JFK even if the flight activity is not representative of the facility, but has a good balance of new facility and strong traffic at MIA. new AA will have to invest in some airport facilities likely including PHL but the same is true with every airline.

As for the original comment about AA/US in ATL, it is worth noting that AA/US is already focusing on fewer routes, in some cases adjusting capacity down on some routes and up on others - exactly what the merger should do. Factor in that DL's Latin America growth makes it harder for AA to pull traffic out of ATL, and there will be natural adjustments of capacity both as the merger plays out and as market dynamics change.

Personally, since the refurbishment of the D gates at LGA,  I think that it's not terrible--and some of the gates in Terminal C look much more aged than the D gates in the central terminal building. The re-build of the CTB is years off still, so AA was smart to do what they did there, and the Admirals Club at LGA is pretty nice.

Reactions: 1 person
737823 said:
Josh
CLT is a very nice airport, haven't been to PHL and FLL is under renovations last I was there in February. I'm guessing josh is a complainer of everything.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts