Automated Listings Are Back

FutureUScapt

Veteran
Dec 1, 2005
From US Daily:

Automated Listings Are Back--Check Out The New Employee Travel Line!
April 27, 2007

In addition to the Employee Travel Center (ETC), US Airways employees, their dependents and retirees have an alternative way to book non-rev space available travel. The new Employee Travel Line (ETL) at 800-325-9999 now allows listings to be made electronically.

Prior to Res migration, America West employees were able to call the Pass Line and speak with an agent to check passenger boarding totals (PBTs). US Airways employees had the IVR- a phone number that allowed for listings to be made electronically.

In this first phase of the ETL, listing is easy. The ETL (800-325-9999) allows you to:

* check loads
* list for fee waived domestic flights for you and those listed in your travel profile (this does not include parent's or parent in laws)

:up: wonderful!! it's about time Tempe saw that our automated listing was a good thing, instead of talking to a res agent... :rolleyes:

Now if they would only understand that the wheel has already been invented. I'm so glad they got this worked out. THANK YOU! ! ! ! :up:

:up: wonderful!! it's about time Tempe saw that our automated listing was a good thing, instead of talking to a res agent... :rolleyes:
We have a flight attendant from CLT named Marianne to thank for this. She said to Scott Kirby here is a # he should know....800-325....
This was at the hometown meeting in CLT.
She insisted that they bring it back at that meeting and he said he would.
:up:

One problem, or difference between the old menu and responses
and the new, is that boarding totals give you the number of booked seats out of the total of seats. Which require you to do the subtraction. In the old system, you were given seat available and number of nonrevs.
I'm guessing this change is something left over from the old HP system(possibly due to different A/C configurations-319 vs 320) correct me if I'm wrong.
I am very grateful for this number that does not require computer access.
Can we check in by phone now?

We have a flight attendant from CLT named Marianne to thank for this. She said to Scott Kirby here is a # he should know....800-325....
This was at the hometown meeting in CLT.
She insisted that they bring it back at that meeting and he said he would.
:up:
Actually anyone that read the Res migration handbook originally issued before the switchover knew the company had said that they were working on upgrading the IVR system (they implied that features like listing would be included) to work with Shares and it would be available by spring.

It's a good number to have, especially if you're off on a trip in a strange airport trying to head out! It was around for years with US. Was just called the "9" line. Easy to remember if you can remember to add the "325" to the 9999... :)

Now if they would only understand that the wheel has already been invented. I'm so glad they got this worked out. THANK YOU! ! ! ! :up:
Reinventing the wheel is an America West value. Unfortunately it always turns out to be a Fred Flintstone wheel. Something we have always had to deal with no matter who is leading the company.

Sorry if I've missed something but does the title of the thread contain "listing" or
"check in"? Can we check in automatically by telephone or when we list are we checked in for a flight?

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

You can get your answer here

Listing

Can I ask what change and what old HP system you meant?

"I'm guessing this change is something left over from the old HP system(possibly due to different A/C configurations-319 vs 320) correct me if I'm wrong"

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

You can get your answer here

Listing

Thanks for the link. They mention that further functionality will be coming. Hopefully this will include the ability to check in 12hrs before departure as well as list for flights.

Can I ask what change and what old HP system you meant?

"I'm guessing this change is something left over from the old HP system(possibly due to different A/C configurations-319 vs 320) correct me if I'm wrong"

When I would nonrev on HP, sometimes it would say"There are(example) 120 out of 125 or 135 pax booked in coach." This is the best I can remember how it went. I assumed this was because of A/C substitution(320 for 319, 757 for 737 etc).