Ukridge

Senior
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Does anyone know how to get a .gif file to resize for use as an avatar? I have a picture that is 13kb and the "auto re-size" function is on. Yet, when I attempt to upload the picture an error message appears that the file size is too large.
I thought the auto resize would automatically take care of the problem. Do I need to use the photo program first to crop to 10kb?
In advance, thanks

I had the same problem. I did resize to specs with a photo program and it did go up. Mine was a .jpg.

Ukridge said:
Does anyone know how to get a .gif file to resize for use as an avatar? I have a picture that is 13kb and the "auto re-size" function is on. Yet, when I attempt to upload the picture an error message appears that the file size is too large.
I thought the auto resize would automatically take care of the problem. Do I need to use the photo program first to crop to 10kb?
In advance, thanks
On your computer (assuming it's got Windows), go to 'Accessories', and then 'Paint.' It took me a little while to get my (now banned) avatar :shock: :oops: :stupid: cropped down to the 10k requirement.

Funny thing about computers is it not? You sit down late in the evening and then suddenly it is very very late in the evening! Thanks for the advice gents. JPEG instead of GIF did the trick and paint worked well.
Cheers