AWA ALPA Thread week of 9/21--9/27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
OK here is the new thread for this week for AWA ALPA. Just a couple of notes though.

1. If an article/letter/item is being discussed already in the East thread, please do NOT start the same argument/discussion here. If that trend continues, we will consider having only one ALPA thread a week and that will be a mess.

2. Do NOT quote entire posts in your responses, ESPECIALLY when your response is immediately following or in proximity to the post you are commenting on. It wastes bandwidth and affects the readability of the boards.

3. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR INSULTS. Our patience is wearing thin, and there will be no more warnings.

Thank you, now please discuss away and kindly keep on topic.

A bit busy tonight Richard? I hope you're getting paid overtime because if it's anthing like the days following the Nic publication, then there will be a brief period of shock followed by an immense volume of traffic. Heck, I started the original thread and to date it has over 37,000 views. Who would have thought a fairly arbitrated decision would evoke such emotion???

Subject: SPECIAL NOTICE FROM MEC CHAIRMAN

Author: JOHN MCILVENNA
Date: 21 Sep 2007 12:08 AM
Originally Posted: 21 Sep 2007 12:06 AM
All:

I am going to ask all AWA pilots (and especially our regular chat board residents) to please refrain from posting inflammatory material on any and all ALPA National or other web boards and please show respect and consideration and courtesy to their ALPA brothers and sisters on the east.

I will say that the hard work has yet to come. I fully expect to be in a representation election in a matter of days. And we will need all US Airways pilots - east and west - to pull together else we may not make it over the next set of hurdles.

There is a very long road ahead and it will require a lot of dedication and effort to navigate this road.

Thank you for your cooperation with my request.

Fraternally,

John McIlvenna
AWA MEC Chairman

It's too bad that the AWA MEC did not try to seek a compromise toi the Nicolau Award problem. Maybe now AWA320, Junebug, Cactus CallSign, Aguagreen and others will realize the strength of the fight and the East pilot resolve.

As AWA NEC Chairman John McIlvenna said last night, "I will say that the hard work has yet to come. I fully expect to be in a representation election in a matter of days. And we will need all US Airways pilots - east and west - to pull together else we may not make it over the next set of hurdles. There is a very long road ahead and it will require a lot of dedication and effort to navigate this road."

For more information on where all of this is headed click here.

How many week's have we heard from the AWA MEC and AWA pilot USaviation.com posters that USAPA will never get off of the ground. Too bad the AWA MEC Chairman has changed his tune. Will it be to late?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

It's too bad that the AWA MEC did not try to seek a compromise toi the Nicolau Award problem. Maybe now AWA320, Junebug, Cactus CallSign, Aguagreen and others will realize the strength of the fight and the East pilot resolve.

Don't forget Prechilill and Tiger 1050!!!

I guess he does not understand that both groups negotiated for a year on intergration and then it went to BINDING Arbitration.

It's too bad that the AWA MEC did not try to seek a compromise toi the Nicolau Award problem.
It's too bad that the AAA MEC did not try to seek a compromise before this went to arbitration in the first place. Oh well; this is the difficult path East has chosen to go down.

As AWA NEC Chairman John McIlvenna said last night, "I will say that the hard work has yet to come. I fully expect to be in a representation election in a matter of days. And we will need all US Airways pilots - east and west - to pull together else we may not make it over the next set of hurdles. There is a very long road ahead and it will require a lot of dedication and effort to navigate this road."
Gee, didn't you JUST post that, only two posts up? The moderators are very kind to you.

How many week's have we heard from the AWA MEC and AWA pilot USaviation.com posters that USAPA will never get off of the ground. Too bad the AWA MEC Chairman has changed his tune. Will it be to late?

Having a representational vote is a far cry from USAPA actually being a success. I think most (not all) people knew that this is the road the East would choose once the EC made their inevitable decision. I also think that the West prefers to stand up and put up a strong fight for something they see as an attempt to cram the East's will down their throat. They prefer to face this potential representational election head on rather than cave in to unreasonable demands, threats, and extortion. They are sticking to their principles, and I for one praise them for doing so. They have been steadfast, patient, and professional throughout this process. Do not underestimate the West's resolve either. So far this group who have been called "rookies" by some, have out-maneuvered the East at every turn.

The West still has the legal advantage, even IF the USAPA becomes the representatives of USAirways pilots. They are far from being out of ammunition. And it is the East who is going to face the biggest challenges and the biggest risk. John McIlvenna is doing for the West exactly what the East has been so deficient at... managing expectations. There is no question that there is much work left to do. I don't think he is changing his tune at all. The West has been vindicated on one battlefield, but there are still more skirmishes to come. Now is not the time to sit back and become complacent. On the contrary it is time to remain focused and see the process through to a successful conclusion.

After all that's happened, don't expect any last minute deals outside the JNC, and don't expect anyone to reorder the list. If that is your expectation, IMO you will be disappointed again. You will face the same quiet, skillful, methodical opponent that you have been facing since the beginning.

Oh, and BTW... for how many weeks have we heard about the East getting pay parity, or that th EC will never forward the list, or that the lawsuits the East filed would stop the Nicolau award, or that the East will never sit at the JNC table, etc. etc. etc. You should be careful where you throw stones.

...You will face the same quiet, skillful, methodical opponent that you have been facing since the beginning.

the "quiet, skillful, methodical oppoenent"

scam%20artist%20phony.jpg

BUSH%20VladTepesImpaleForest.jpeg.jpg

devil.jpeg

Maybe now USA320Pilot will also realize the West pilot resolve. I believe there is room to find some consensual solutions to our problems but it should be done through the process that is already in place through the JNC. We will just have to see if the East JNC members really make it to the next round of talks or if they are withheld. In the meantime keep your daily threats of imposition coming USA320Pilot. I am ready to see action on this. File the cards with the NMB already.

Maybe now USA320Pilot will also realize the West pilot resolve. I believe there is room to find some consensual solutions to our problems but it should be done through the process that is already in place through the JNC.

There is nothing left to negotiate regarding seniority and fences. The east is at the eve of accepting binding arbitration and finally understanding what this means. The airline may be for the first time united in working together, side by side, east and west. Although a few easties probably will not move past this fiasco created by their MEC, overall what we have is a dedicated work force, nothing like the examples we have all seen here at USAviation with threats of war, of wrecking the airline and sinking the ship, etc. Time will tell, but it seems we have an opportunity to rebuild a winning airline.

There is nothing left to negotiate regarding seniority and fences. The east is at the eve of accepting binding arbitration and finally understanding what this means. The airline may be for the first time united in working together, side by side, east and west. Although a few easties probably will not move past this fiasco created by their MEC, overall what we have is a dedicated work force, nothing like the examples we have all seen here at USAviation with threats of war, of wrecking the airline and sinking the ship, etc. Time will tell, but it seems we have an opportunity to rebuild a winning airline.

"There is nothing left to negotiate regarding seniority and fences."

"The east is at the eve of accepting binding arbitration and finally understanding what this means"

Whew!...Words pretty much fail me here. If that stuff you're taking doesn't make you test positive..I'll try some, along with the rose colored glasses and horse side view blinders :lol:

"The east is at the eve of accepting binding arbitration and finally understanding what this means"
Whew!...Words pretty much fail me here. If that stuff you're taking doesn't make you test positive..I'll try some, along with the rose colored glasses :lol:

I can share it with you, east. It is called reality and if you include reality in every day of your life the world around you is much easier to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.