Awa To Hire Us Furloughees

PropPiedmont

Senior
Dec 10, 2003
At last weeks morning informational meetings in PHX at AWA the employees were told that AWA would be hiring 60 to 80 pilots in early 2006. They were also told that these positions were to be offerred to US Airways furloughed pilots.

It will be intresting to see what kind of a DOH they end up with. It is good news though for our pilots.

All of fleet's meaningful recall provisions, such as seniority retention, got sold down the river.

I find it interesting IAM fleet is the only work group with that feature.

One must assume that both the Palace and the iam did not want these employees back.

Solidarity, and all that, y'all.

The August 6 America West pilot’s code-a-phone message, which can be heard at 800-438-2572, prompt 2, indicated that US Airways/America West management has agreed with ALPA from both company’s that as result of the transition talks, future 2006 new hires will come from furloughed US Airways pilots. With nearly 2,000 furloughed pilots the parties agreed that “conceptually there will be no new hires for some time to come.â€￾

Separately, the combined union TCC will meet with senior management this week in Washington where ALPA expects to receive a comprehensive response to its proposal and the America West MEC chairman said he then expects “to roll up our sleeves and get to work.â€￾

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Maybe that is why they cancelled their f/a classes too. Maybe someone also suggested to also recall the furloughed f/a too. ( just wishful thinking)

diogenes said:
All of fleet's meaningful recall provisions, such as seniority retention, got sold down the river.

I find it interesting IAM fleet is the only work group with that feature.

One must assume that both the Palace and the iam did not want these employees back.

Solidarity, and all that, y'all.
[post="286649"][/post]​

It is also self evident that the majority of fleet service didn't want them around either since they approved the seniority cleansing provisions.
Don't just blame the pathetic IAM. Basically the local chairmen were pretty pathetic as a group in dictating anything, usually intimidation ruled.

regards,

robbedagain said:
I take it that this meands that they wont hire any of the furloughed ramp agents or anyone else for that matter?
[post="286607"][/post]​
Robbed I see the rampers from HP on a daily basis (the ones that stay longer than a couple weeks anyway) and believe me you dont want to work the ramp for AWA.

Are they actually going to be considered recalled, or is our ALPA goinhg to try to tell them that they are still on furlough, and not really active pilots like they have been trying to pass off on those at Midatlantic...?

Otherwise, Great News.

Now if we can keep the E-190s on the property, and not outsource them, you might actually see a fair reduction of the number of AAA pilots on furlough