AWA/US AIRWAYS Mechanics FRUSTRATION/CELEBRATION OCTOBER,2007.

Mr Eagle

Senior
Oct 19, 2005
Phoenix AZ
mr eagle
AWA/US AIRWAYS Mechanics FRUSTRATION/CELEBRATION OCTOBER,2007.

The AWA Mechanics & Related Are Entering, 4-5 Years Of NO PAY Raises or Benefits. These are Some of the Facts & Events. That Have Taken Place to Date.

1} The IBT, TEAMSTER's Filed Section 6 near the end of 2003, Entering into Negotiations with The Company, @ AWA. The Negotiations Committee, Mechanics & Related, Having an AMENDABLE, 5 Year Contract,continued Negotiations & Spent 2-3 Years Negotiating with The AWA/IBT Negotiation Committee,with A Company,COST NEUTRAL Mentality. Getting Close to an Agreement. <_< The Change Of Control,Merger Between AWA & US AIRWAYS took Shape.

2} Through an NMB {National Mediation Board} Decision In September,2006,Between the, I.B.T. {Teamster UNION} & The I.A.M. {International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers UNION}, The I.A.M. Was Awarded the SOLE REPRESENTATION UNION for the AWA MECHANICS & RELATED.

3} The I.A.M. Transition Negotiation Committee's Were Formed, Negotiations for a "TRANSITION" took place For THE EAST Mechanics & AWA Mechanics & Related.When The Negotiations Committee Applied to The N.M.B. for Assistance After Stalled Talks, US AIRWAYS Labor Committee Agreed & Continued,Being Facilitated by the N.M.B. From July-September,2007.
A.} With A Grievance Called The Change Of Control, {Snap Back} Violation, Scheduled for ARBITRATION-September 13-2007,Negotiations Broke Off & the Grievance Has TAKEN CENTER STAGE NOW.

4} What Are The Mechanics & Related Celebrating? Or Should We Celebrate? Good Question? COST NEUTRAL. :blink:

5} What Do You All Think Will Happen in the Future?

6} The Future For the WEST MECHANICS, Looks Like Another LONG HAUL,We Have Waited LONG ENOUGH. NOW IS THE TIME. Just trolling for Some NEW IDEA'S. Lets Hear From You ALL... :)

The future will certainly be full of laughs. I remain, and actully look forward to work, simply to share the laughter and joke that this airline is. Thanks to AWA and PHX the laughter gets to a point of hysteria. Oh yeah , US and the IAM, are still good for a chuckle.

AWA/US AIRWAYS Mechanics FRUSTRATION/CELEBRATION OCTOBER,2007

The Future For the WEST MECHANICS, Looks Like Another LONG HAUL,We Have Waited LONG ENOUGH. NOW IS THE TIME. Just trolling for Some NEW IDEA'S. Lets Hear From You ALL... :)

Only thing to celebrate is the fact we didnt get a pos t/a shoved up our arses.Rumor has it Dougs corp lawyers have been told to lock up the COC in court.I hope they get it broken off deep in them.But at least he's not spending the money he would be if he stripped the west of have there bennies. :up: :up: :up:

Only thing to celebrate is the fact we didnt get a pos t/a shoved up our arses.Rumor has it Dougs corp lawyers have been told to lock up the COC in court.I hope they get it broken off deep in them.But at least he's not spending the money he would be if he stripped the west of have there bennies. :up: :up: :up:
1}Yes What Concern's Me Is COST Nuetral for {WEST} Mechanics & Related, with NO PAY RAISE's ETC: for 2008-09-2010.
2}The IAM MECHANICS get $1.00/Hr/Jan 01,2008 The %2 Raise & .25 Per License.
3} SO IS IT WORTH Staying COST NUETRAL {WEST} Mechanics, Say Until 2013 When We Finally Get A NEW CONTRACT?
The East Will SEE THE COST NUETRAL STANCE IN FRUITATION. Referanceing the C.O.C. having stalled the Process 1 Year,Allready. They Were Supposed to Hear the Grievance Last April Remember? Or Are We forgetting?
:down:

At least we did not loose the benefits that the proposals (both the union and the company) would have us give up. What we would had given up was worth more than the $1.00 ph. I hope the east wins thier COC - it will catch up with us sooner or later ( more later).

At least we did not loose the benefits that the proposals (both the union and the company) would have us give up. What we would had given up was worth more than the $1.00 ph. I hope the east wins thier COC - it will catch up with us sooner or later ( more later).
:rolleyes: Right Why, Get Improved Pay,Benifits,IAM Pention fund,JOB SECURITY.Etc:
@ $1.00/Hour, That Equals to $2080.00/Year X Three Years= $6240.00.Add The Cost of Waiting till 2013, Thats Three more Years @ %3/YEAR Built into the IAM CONTRACT.
Plus a Better Contract= IAM, Add The Cost of Waiting till 2013, Thats Three more Years @3%/Year.
Its Chump Change BUT ITS A Raise, What Have You Recieved as a "Raise" into
YOUR PAYCHECK in the LAST Four Year's? Let Me Answer that $0.00.

You Have To Remember the Security @ Base/MX & Line MX Stations. Its in the Proposal Read it. THere's none in the IBT Agreement.
:up: