Awesome Flight Attendants!

I don't work at an airline but this is my favorite bedtime story - - -

;)

---

Once upon a time, inventory control gifted us a grossly oversold flight to SYR and all the passengers checked in and the ones not holding seats had extremely frowny faces and bad words for the lovely gate agent (who was losing her livelihood). She had already worked doubles on every holiday, gotten reamed for the weather last week and was three seconds away from tossing her badge so hard it would have needed to be extracted from the Earth's core. Suddenly, surrounded by a choir and a halo of light, two flight attendants who were deadheading crew members volunteered to take the jumpseat to help the gate agent before bags started flying at her head at the hand of the frowny faced foul mouthed inconvenienced oversold passengers.

The gate agent was in awe at this late holiday present and had to wipe away a tear as the plane pulled away - - for she nearly got a new behind chewed that night :shock: and really needed her behind in tact to sit on a seat to Rome this weekend. :up:

The gate agent was delirious but wanted to make sure everyone knew that the deadhead flight attendants on a flight that might have been a mess made it go smoothly.
The thankful gate agent wrote them above and beyond to their manager W.S.

Flight 1238. CLT SYR. I love you. :wub:

What a nice story.

The end.

If I worked there, I'd be teary too....how sweet....

Good for those FAs! ;)
I feel sorry for the Pax who did not get seats...
but I still am amazed by the powers that be in PHX to overbook so much..
we as crew members on the east side do not get pay credit for deadheading..
so .... we do not want to sit on the jumpseat...
we don't want to deadhead... we want to work... to get paid..
so you must know we are not getting paid to just sit....

we want to work...

I feel sorry for the Pax who did not get seats...
but I still am amazed by the powers that be in PHX to overbook so much..
we as crew members on the east side do not get pay credit for deadheading..
so .... we do not want to sit on the jumpseat...
we don't want to deadhead... we want to work... to get paid..
so you must know we are not getting paid to just sit....

we want to work...

You guys by all rights should get what you deserve and shouldnt feel at all bad for getting such things such as real seats when deadheading. But with the overbooking, seems to me that its a problem thats quite an issue amongst all domestic airlines with the exception of Jet Blue (unless of course their policy to not oversell flights has changed).

If 100% of your tickets sold are non-refundable there should be no overbooking allowed. Non-refundable ticket holders, especially the leisure travelers that are the majority of LCC's customers now, tend to show up for their flight. Just go to any hub on the weekend. I understand the logic for overbooking, but the cost of denied boarding compensation as well as the customer's even lower opinion of the operation would maybe make me rethink how it all works, if I were a management type.
But, since I'm not, I just watch it all and cringe.

If 100% of your tickets sold are non-refundable there should be no overbooking allowed. Non-refundable ticket holders, especially the leisure travelers that are the majority of LCC's customers now, tend to show up for their flight. Just go to any hub on the weekend. I understand the logic for overbooking, but the cost of denied boarding compensation as well as the customer's even lower opinion of the operation would maybe make me rethink how it all works, if I were a management type.

I do think that airlines have to plan for misconnects, etc., which will cascade throughout the day. This justifies overbooking the earlier flight banks, so that flights don't have to go out with empty seats due to misconnects. But it stands to reason that US should plan to not overbook the last flight bank, to create space for the poor, unfortunate souls whose flights were not held even 5 minutes so they could make their connection from a late inbound.