Awesome Flight Crew

cltvff

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Make that DTW. I was on flight 1570 yesterday, 10/10, from DTW to CLT. As the aircraft rotated, it started shaking violently. Apparently, a tire or tires on the right main gear had blown on takeoff, severing hydraulic and electrical lines and possibly FODing the right engine. The captain, first officer and two flight attendants were incredible. Calm, reassuring, professional. An emergency was declared and we returned to DTW for an emergency landing. The landing was very bumpy as the main gear set down, but was otherwise totally uneventful. By the time the plane was towed to the gate, Northwest had located another aircraft. We were directed to another gate, boarded and flew to Charlotte... with the flight crew with whom we'd just experienced the emergency landing.

My hat's off to that wonderful crew and everyone at Northwest involved. Those guys earned a lifetime's worth of pay yesterday, and I'm still here to type this because of them. Many, many, many thanks. You will forever be in my prayers.

Dave

I suspect it was a dc-9. I hate those airplanes, should have been grounded 20 years ago. cudos to the crew however, they seldom get credit for their training and experience. nice work.

Tires blowing on AMFA's watch? No way. This can't happen to Union AMT's. There is a conspiracy here somewhere.

Boy you are getting desperate aren't you?

Having to dig into posts years old and again WITH NO FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENTS.

Well lets see it PTO, I proved you the fool on the DC-9 gear collapse, you have your facts ready? Or are you ready to put both feet back in your mouth?

Just bringing the facts into the light thirdseat. It doesn't appear that the "Real Unionized AMT's" are all you guys claim to be. You guys are the desperate ones, are you ready for another round of concessions? Are you ready?

Maybe a "scab" whipped the tire pressures on a daily?? Don't understand why AMFA was brought into this post. The initial poster just wanted to give "kudo's" to those who deserve :up: Possibly some have some guilt on the forums........

Maybe a "scab" whipped the tire pressures on a daily?? Don't understand why AMFA was brought into this post. The initial poster just wanted to give "kudo's" to those who deserve :up: Possibly some have some guilt on the forums........
:lol: :lol: :lol: AP Tech,... :lol: :lol: Never mind figure it out for yourself. B) Damn, If you guys represent the majority of the airline mechanics I do not see how any carrier is going to survive.

:lol: :lol: :lol: AP Tech,... :lol: :lol: Never mind figure it out for yourself. B) Damn, If you guys represent the majority of the airline mechanics I do not see how any carrier is going to survive.

So what, a tire blew on a DC-9 in 2003. SH*T HAPPENS. All I and many other people are saying is that with the oldest fleet, and the fewest mechanics, alot more sh*t is happening.

So what, a tire blew on a DC-9 in 2003. SH*T HAPPENS. All I and many other people are saying is that with the oldest fleet, and the fewest mechanics, alot more sh*t is happening.
SPIN IT Saabmeister. That is not what you guys have been saying at all. You guys have been saying that these type of incidents that have recently happened at NWA was due to incompetence on the Scabs part and that if the "REAL MAECHANICS", "AMFA AMT'S", "UNION MECHANICS" were here that these incidents would not happen. I am just bringing to light for our guests that these things do happen no matter who is working on the aircraft and at every airline. In other words I am killing the union hype.

SPIN IT Saabmeister. That is not what you guys have been saying at all. You guys have been saying that these type of incidents that have recently happened at NWA was due to incompetence on the Scabs part and that if the "REAL MAECHANICS", "AMFA AMT'S", "UNION MECHANICS" were here that these incidents would not happen. I am just bringing to light for our guests that these things do happen no matter who is working on the aircraft and at every airline. In other words I am killing the union hype.

Ok, you're right. I made a mistake. I should have said "Oldest Fleet, fewest and WORST mechanics." And yes, If the mechanics who were working 8 months ago were still there, fewer of these incidents would be happening.

And you're not bringing anything to light, your just dragging up old threads because you are a sad, lonely little SCAB who has nothing left to do and hates unions.

In other words, you're killing nothing.

Just bringing the facts into the light thirdseat. It doesn't appear that the "Real Unionized AMT's" are all you guys claim to be. You guys are the desperate ones, are you ready for another round of concessions? Are you ready?

No one ever said accidents/mistakes aren't made by union AMTs. Thats the sort of tired union cliche you try day in and day out to get more milage out of and make a fool out of yourself in doing so.

Unionized carriers have incidences just not with anywhere near the frequency currently being experienced at NWA.

You want to see the truth of the matter?

Lay NWA maintenace record since the strike began against ANY Unionized carrier of similar size.

YOU LOSE.

PS. I don't work in aviation any longer, I believe I've mentioned that a time or two before. So there are no concessions in my immediate future just raises.

Nice try though.

Opps, sorry about the reply.....I did not realize the last 6 or so topic have been brought out of the archives :up:
My point exactly. If something goes wrong on the Scabs watch its incompetent shoddy maintenance. If something goes wrong during a Union mechanics watch its no big deal shet happens. Thank you gentlemen for clarifying this for us. Bringing these threads up for all to see wasn't so stupid after all. Or maybe it just depends on what side of the fence you are on.

My point exactly. If something goes wrong on the Scabs watch its incompetent shoddy maintenance. If something goes wrong during a Union mechanics watch its no big deal shet happens. Thank you gentlemen for clarifying this for us. Bringing these threads up for all to see wasn't so stupid after all. Or maybe it just depends on what side of the fence you are on.

I posted it before and you seem to have missed it, so here it is again......

No one ever said accidents/mistakes aren't made by union AMTs. Thats the sort of tired union cliche you try day in and day out to get more mileage out of and make a fool out of yourself in doing so.

Unionized carriers have incidences just not with anywhere near the frequency currently being experienced at NWA.

You want to see the truth of the matter?

Lay NWA maintenace record since the strike began against ANY Unionized carrier of similar size.

YOU LOSE.

Lets get down to basics I hope nothing happens to anyone flying NWA. I told anyone i know not to fly NWA til real Mechs. are on the job. Godbless anyone flying them now. Its like Las Vegas -- Roll the dice till something happens. :down: