Axe To Fall At Aa

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
I understand that the axe is going to fall at AA and the TWU downward spiral will continue.

2500 Title 1 layoffs

MCI and STL Maintenance Operations Closed

Airbus Aircraft Grounded

CIO,

Tell again how the concessions saved three maintenance bases and 12,000 jobs.

Maybe if you say it one more time, it will actually come true, and save these workers from the street.

After AA gets through with the next three months, it will be apparent that the TWU amd Jim Little gave up in excess of $600 Million from Title 1 employees alone.

The above listed cost cutting moves can be excecuted without further negotiations or vote of the members. The TWU is by far the worst union on the planet.

Decision 2004 said:
Airbus Aircraft Grounded

[post="191417"][/post]​

All 34 Airbus grounded? What will fly to the Caribbean? Or is AA abandoning the A300 routes?

If true, that would be very bad news.

Hope you're wrong.

FWAAA said:
All 34 Airbus grounded? What will fly to the Caribbean? Or is AA abandoning the A300 routes?

Hope you're wrong.
[post="191431"][/post]​

I believe the over-water conversions on the 757's are complete.

Not all routes will be abondoned, but oviously a retraction of capacity is required to cut cost.

It is also noted that the TWA MD-80 Conversions will cease! The 60 Day Heavy C Checks are not worth the money at this time.

It appears management at AA is also going to suffer heavy job loss.

Union Officials are running scared, and any management that will talk, will only do so in private.

FWAAA said:

Hope you're wrong.
[post="191431"][/post]​

AD: Airbus
Fri, 15 Oct '04

AD NUMBER: 2004-20-14
MANUFACTURER: Airbus
SUBJECT: Airworthiness Directive 2004-20-14
SUMMARY: This amendment supersedes an existing airworthiness directive (AD), applicable to all Airbus Model A300 B4 series airplanes and all Airbus Model A300-600 series airplanes. That AD currently requires a one-time high frequency eddy current inspection to detect cracking of the splice fitting at fuselage frame (FR) 47 between stringers 24 and 25; and corrective actions if necessary. This amendment requires new repetitive inspections of an expanded area and adds airplanes to the applicability in the existing AD. The actions specified by this AD are intended to detect and correct cracking of the splice fitting at fuselage FR 47, which could result in reduced structural integrity of the airplane. This action is intended to address the identified unsafe condition.

I understand AA is finding wing root cracks during this inspection on the Airbus Aircraft.

Maybe Air Bus should be called Scare Bus?

Not that I would doubt major pain on the way! But is there anything concrete about what is to come?

Purely SPECULATION:

If the Airbii were to be grounded, the following could be the reason.
Airbus Failed To Distribute Critical Safety Information On The A-300

Most a/c lease-purchase agreements retain an escape clause relating to a structural problem which grounds a particular fleet based on design limitations not disclosed at the time of lease/purchase. Execution of just such a clause would result in a dramatic reduction in the cost per ASM, if the reduction in system ASMs could be recovered by higher untilization rates for the remaining aircraft.

As to MX bases, we already covered the ability of any ONE AA MX base to double capacity based on a change in shift patterns: One Base x 2 Shifts x 5 Days per week=10 Production Shifts; One Base x 3 Shifts x 7 Days per week= 21 Production Shifts.

On a pre-TWA basis, we had 2 MX Bases x 2 shifts x 5 days per week: 20 Production Shifts per week.

Now, we have three MX bases: all of them operate, roughly, on two shifts per day and five days per week, (16 hours per day/five days per week); 3 MX Bases x 2 Full Shifts x 5 days per week= 30 Production Shifts For Overhaul Each Week.

Changing them to a continuous operation (24 hours per day-7 days per week): 3 MX Bases x 3 Full Shifts x 7 Days Per Week= 63 Production Shifts For Overhaul Each Week.

I have not met ONE INDIVIDUAL, AT ANY POINT IN THE COMPANY, THAT WILL REFUTE THE FACT THAT ALL DOCKS AND HANGARS ARE POWERED UP 24-7-365 AND THAT THE ONLY INCREASE IN LABOR EXPENSE IS THE .50 CENTS PER HOUR FOR MRT.

Get it in gear people...we could more than cover our Mechanics and our overhead by dropping the smallest MX base, going 24-7-365 in the remainder and pricing our services at cost plus.

The TWU refused to listen at the last "negotiations". The next set is around the bend. Sign the AMFA card and send them in, the TWU will only listen when threatened.

Boomer,

I think this is exactly what is about to happen, unless the TWU gives away more pay and benefits to save the jobs and MCI/STL operations.

You did fail to mention one important item, and that is Overtime is far cheaper than Employee medical insurance. Reduction of MX operations and headcount, working 24-7 everyday of the week, and little overtime to fill in the gaps is the next move.

2500 workers have less occupational seniority than the 9/24/98 job protection date.

Nearly 2000 of these workers are MCI and STL based previous TWA employees with an occ. seniority of 4.10.2001

The cost of fuel has consumed all of the previous concessions. If AA does not act right away, Chapter 11 is a sure thing, and I am not totally convinced the Chapter 11 will not happen regardless of what Management decides to do now.

How can AA compete with Airlines that abbrogate the Labor Ageements in Federal Bankruptcy Court, while attempting to work with employees and turn things around?

I believe this industry is so uncertain right now, that the Airlines that fail to go Chapter 11, could be the ones that DO NOT survive the long term.

The truth is though, ALL Airlines failed to reduce capacity because of the Government handouts, and now ALL Airlines are on the verge of destruction. The TWU played an important role in the concessions for job program that failed to reduce capacity. Now, the only way to survive, is make tough decisions that will have the human and personal impact everyone wishes to avoid.

The ol'e "you can pay me now, or pay me later" statement is about to show up at the gates of the AA/TWU love fest mansion.

AMFAMAN said:
Over 12 hours without a twu cultist posting is a cause for alarm.

CIO, Nightwatch, TWUer.....Hello, anyone home....
[post="191515"][/post]​

I think the TRUTH, has stunned the TWU Cultist, and they are working on a plan to cover the facts.

Truth is, the AMFA drive and NMB hold-up was actually the delay that this did not happen earlier.

QA_Revote.jpg

ratification.jpg

CAN YOU SAY:
"WITHOUT FURTHER RATIFICATION"?

NOTE:

The September 24th, 1998 "System Protection Date"

If you do not have an occupational senioirty date of 9/24/98, you should be looking fo another job NOW!

rif.jpg

Decision 2004 said:
NOTE:

The September 24th, 1998 "System Protection Date"

If you do not have an occupational senioirty date of 9/24/98, you should be looking fo another job NOW!
rif.jpg

[post="191647"][/post]​

Look at the seniority list on JetNet. The system protection identifier, a "S" by your job code within your title group identifies you as having "System Protection".

Decision 2004 said:
I understand that the axe is going to fall at AA and the TWU downward spiral will continue.

2500 Title 1 layoffs

MCI and STL Maintenance Operations Closed

Airbus Aircraft Grounded

CIO,

Tell again how the concessions saved three maintenance bases and 12,000 jobs.

Maybe if you say it one more time, it will actually come true, and save these workers from the street.

After AA gets through with the next three months, it will be apparent that the TWU amd Jim Little gave up in excess of $600 Million from Title 1 employees alone.

The above listed cost cutting moves can be excecuted without further negotiations or vote of the members. The TWU is by far the worst union on the planet.
[post="191417"][/post]​

Can someone tell me how concrete this info is?

hopeful with AA and the industry in general nothing is ''concrete'' but you don't have to be a financial analyst to see what is about to happen. talked with a friend again last night who was riffed to narrow body seat shop from dock 3A. he is extremely concerned, he has'nt wrked a seat in over a week and half. its no secret we have hundred's of emplyees who are standing around because they have no work to accomplish. the company is very aware of this because they created this scenario.