B6, New Cities ??????????

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/18/2002 3:20:26 AM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

OK blue employees, whats up with new cities ??????
I'm particularly(SP?) interested in MHT(Manchester NH.), where you guys would make an "absolute killing" !!

NH/BB's

----------------
[/blockquote]
NH/BB, What about a little thing called LUV?

LUV doesn't serve NYC from MHT. In fact, they don't serve NYC at all--ISP is just peripheral, it's really a different market.

However, JetBlue evidently had no problem going up against LUV on the west coast.

But I still think B6 is holding out for gates at Logan. Anyone know what the status of that is?

IMHO, when JetBlue starts BOS service, it will be to places other than JFK -- such as LGB, OAK and/or FLL. This is how they operate at IAD, with 2 daily nonstops to each of those 3 cities. The longer flights (compared to BOS-JFK) are simply more efficient ways to use JetBlue's A320s.

And with regard to JetBlue's IAD operation, I understand that they now have 2 gates there for only 6 daily flights, which could easily be handled with only 1 gate. So it looks like more IAD flights will be announced soon.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/18/2002 11:07:22 AM AAG2000 wrote:

LUV doesn't serve NYC from MHT. In fact, they don't serve NYC at all--ISP is just peripheral, it's really a different market.

However, JetBlue evidently had no problem going up against LUV on the west coast.

But I still think B6 is holding out for gates at Logan. Anyone know what the status of that is?
----------------
[/blockquote]
I'm sorry AG but I didn't see anything about NYC in NH/BB post. So...if they decide to go there I'm sure they'll make that absolute killing but at whos expense?
As far a going against LUV on the west cost-it's going to cost them a lot to hold onto those gates at Long Beach(just another peripheral?)

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 9/18/2002 11:07:22 AM AAG2000 wrote:
[P]LUV doesn't serve NYC from MHT.  In fact, they don't serve NYC at all--ISP is just peripheral, it's really a different market.[BR][BR]However, JetBlue evidently had no problem going up against LUV on the west coast.[BR][BR]But I still think B6 is holding out for gates at Logan.  Anyone know what the status of that is?[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]I guess if we want to get technical, the only airlines serving Dallas are Southwest and Delta Connection. All the others serve Grapevine. [/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/18/2002 2:09:36 PM KCFlyer wrote:

I guess if we want to get technical, the only airlines serving Dallas are Southwest and Delta Connection. All the others serve Grapevine. [/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]

I didn't mean that in the sense that Southwest doesn't land its planes in Flushing, Jamaica, or Newark. I meant that Macarthur Airpor itself doesn't really serve New York City in a meaningful way. Ask anyone who lives here--it's far away! Long Island is a large market, and some of it overlaps with the area served by LGA and JFK, but it's not quite the same market. The situation is not analogous to DFW vs. DAL, as you suggest.

Anyway, as for the point raised by others, I agree that JetBlue may want to start service to Florida or the west coast from the Boston area. And in that case, I still think that they'd rather fly out of BOS. However, if they were to fly from MHT, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss JFK as a potential destination. In terms of existing service from NYC, it is reminiscent of what JetBlue's other Northeast markets used to look like: basically, US props from LGA and CO RJ's (with some mainline service) from EWR. Not exactly a saturated market.

On the other hand, I admit that BOS-JFK wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, just like IAD-JFK doesn't have a lot of potential--too much competition from the Shuttles and the train.

I do not see JetBlue serving MHT or PVD. BOS seems to be what they are waiting for. Logan even speaks of the arrival of JetBlue in their newsletter this month. No dates given, but they believe JetBlue will serve Logan within the next few years.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/19/2002 2:21:53 AM jbu320 wrote:

PHX???

NO..TUS..
----------------
[/blockquote]

Tucson? Huh?

TUS? - No

In PHX we need, in fact beg, for the jetblue type of service. Major companies with bases, or satellite bases here - Motorola, Honeywell, Phelps Dodge, Dial, Viad, Intel etc.... The PHX market makes a lot more sense!!!

Tucson will make sense after Casa Grande becomes another suburb of Phoenix.

How about DTW? Sure, WN is here, but their service to the east coast from DTW is weak, and that's an understatement. Demolition and prep work for the new terminal at DTW for domestic airlines other than NW and CO has begun, with an expected completion of 2006 or 2007 (geez, these guys are slow). Only 29 gates (just a slight increase over the 25 currently in use), but their stated aim is to have airlines such as Air Tran, Frontier, Jet Blue, and National start service. Good luck getting National to fly there in 2006...

This isn't precisely about new cities, but a new route between existing cities. Do any of you foresee jetBlue serving TPA-IAD? 90% or more of my flying is SRQ-DCA currently, as I live in Sarasota and my wife is in DC. I would gladly drop Delta like a hot potato if jetBlue were to serve this route. DL and all the majors have lost any loyalty I might have ever given them, due to their inane poilicies. Even though TPA is farther away from me than SRQ, and IAD is less convenient to her place than DCA, the overall experience of a nonstop TPA-IAD would be better than the hour or more layover I spend in ATL each way. I don't want to mess with WN because BWI is so inconvenient. B6 on the TPA-IAD route would make sense for me, but I wonder if enough market is there.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/19/2002 5:56:31 PM DL Gold Medallion wrote:

This isn't precisely about new cities, but a new route between existing cities. Do any of you foresee jetBlue serving TPA-IAD?

----------------
[/blockquote]

How cheaply do you want to do it? Leaving tomorrow on UAL it's about $225 each way, with advance purchase tickets, it's about $80 each way. Keep in mind, it'd be about 25% cheaper if not for the ludicrous level of taxes.