Bad Standing with USAPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycbusdriver

Veteran
Dec 19, 2002
The Capital of the World
Visit site
I have been an ardent supporter of USAPA since before it was even called USAPA (and I can prove it.)  When USAPA became the certified bargaining agent, I went on dues check-off, but about 6 months later there was some company computer glitch (either accidental or intentional) that took me off check-off.  I found out when the first of 5 years of monthly statements started arriving.  I inquired as to why check-off had ended, and was told my only option was to resubmit.  I opted to just pay the monthly bills.

When APA became my union in September, the USAPA statements unsurprisingly stopped arriving.  Until yesterday.  I received a regular statement billing me for a few hundred dollars in dues, indicating that I was in BAD standing, and requiring an additional $100 to "reinstate" me in USAPA.

Like that is going to happen.

Had the dues bill arrived in a timely manner, I would have paid it.  But leaving my account in arrears because of their own neglect, and now demanding a ransom, leaves me with little choice to tell USAPA:

"Take my arrears dues money out of my refund.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out why I would pay even a nickel for "reinstatement" in USAPA.

It's over USAPA.  Give us our money back and go home."

Reactions: 5 people
Not to hijack your thread, but it's not only USAPA, IAM will do that also if dues are not paid if your out on an OJI.....

This notification could be a clerical/administrative error. Hard to get good help after single carrier status back in August. USAPA itself announced that dues collection ceased with SCS in one of their updates. Maybe it's just a mistake. I have been on DCO so If they place me in bad standing, I'll join the lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.