Balances

gatemech

Senior
Aug 24, 2002
This is just some advice for AMT’s. If you think you will retire soon start to print your balances on ETA. If I didn’t print mine I would’ve been shorted about 5 weeks vacation pay and 300 hours of sick for the medical bridge. I know a couple people that had issue. Just protect yourself and print balances. I did every week my last year. It saved me thousands. Even if you’re not retiring you should print your balances every quarter. I’m not saying United is intentionally trying to cheat you. The people you have to deal with don’t know the contract (Accruing seniority & vacation while on I-time). I found that Chicago, Houston & San Fran all have different ways of viewing things.

Again just protect yoursel. It takes a couple minutes. You can do it at work or home.

This is just some advice for AMT’s. If you think you will retire soon start to print your balances on ETA. If I didn’t print mine I would’ve been shorted about 5 weeks vacation pay and 300 hours of sick for the medical bridge. I know a couple people that had issue. Just protect yourself and print balances. I did every week my last year. It saved me thousands. Even if you’re not retiring you should print your balances every quarter. I’m not saying United is intentionally trying to cheat you. The people you have to deal with don’t know the contract (Accruing seniority & vacation while on I-time). I found that Chicago, Houston & San Fran all have different ways of viewing things.

Again just protect yoursel. It takes a couple minutes. You can do it at work or home.

Good advice -

I would also offer the specifics of watching your sick leave accruals following a lengthy illness - Our CBA has provisions for accelerated re-accrual of sick leave following depletion of your sick bank - several Techs here in Cali are coming back and finding the company giving them normal accruals when their situations allow for accelerated.

Trust but Verify -

Latest posts

Back