Basic Economy

it is a product that most closely parallels NK's fares in markets where the two compete (ATL, MSP, and DFW particularly) which allows passengers who have been loyal to continue to fly DL and pay for the same unbundled components of the fare that they would on NK or other ULCCs.

once again, DL shows that it turns its back on NO COMPETITORS.

Reactions: 1 person
FUNNY, DL does something to compete, and its Great Marketing. Other Carriers do something similar and YOU claim they are diluting revenue and its a poor choice by management.

never have I EVER said that any carrier can't compete with low fare carriers.

the point is to make money, though.

DL or any carrier CAN and DOES revenue manage these types of fares which I can absolutely assure you are not available on the most peak flights/dates.

btw, it was AA who is considered the first carrier to have mastered revenue mgmt.

WorldTraveler said:
it is a product that most closely parallels NK's fares in markets where the two compete (ATL, MSP, and DFW particularly) which allows passengers who have been loyal to continue to fly DL and pay for the same unbundled components of the fare that they would on NK or other ULCCs.

once again, DL shows that it turns its back on NO COMPETITORS.
I really thought that we would see something like this. I don't think Delta wants to be wide spread but like you said, something to put top end pressure on  G4/NK/F9 now that they are starting to grow in hub markets like DFW, ATL, CVG, MSP etc. 

given that as average fares thruout the industry increase, ULCCs will find room to grow "under" network carriers in their own hubs, you have to deal with the issue or they find enough space to get set up in key markets.

this is EXACTLY why revenue mgmt. was created - AA's first revenue mgmt. was focused at the ULCCs of their day.

the incremental cost to a network carrier of taking a planeload of what could have been ULCC passengers in several passengers out of their hub is minimal.

the revenue impact of losing that traffic on a long term basis is enormous