Be careful guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

porterq400

May 10, 2009
I would like to say goodbye to all my fellow USAirways employees. You guys were all wonderful people. I will miss all the memories. Wether East, West, North or South, it was a pleasure flying with everyone and sharing the jumpseat with crews.

I was written up by a West flight attendant who also works for the West AFA union and have lost my job. I don't want to start an East versus West thing because there has been enough of that, but I just want to make sure everyone is aware that the West DOES write their own up, including a Union member who calls himself a "friend" of the flight attendants and thinks he is management. I got writen up by one of my own co workers, it really sucks. Be careful what you say/who you say it to, and the friends you chose to have here. Lots of years with company and all gone because some 5 year reserve is on a power trip. Be careful.

Goodluck to everyone and happy/safe flying. :)

-PorterQ400

Porter, this just makes me want to THROW UP. As a 23 year Westy (hired in '86) I have only heard of a handful of serious FA to FA write ups over the years. I can assure you and everyone one else that we in the West are not write up happy. That having been said, there are always a few individuals on power trips that give the rest of us a bad name. I am so sorry and disappointed to hear this happened to you, regardless of the circumstances.

But not ashamed of the person who did something that warranted losing there job. It is really difficult to lose your union job, it had to be something serious.

No it's not. Something as innocuous as taking a can of Coke off the airplane to drink in your sleazy, company-chosen hotel room on an overnight that is scheduled way too short to be safe is an offense that can have you terminated. (I'm not implying that this was the case here; simply pointing out how easy it can be for the company to fire you.) It does NOT have to be serious.

I've heard that the west (especially flight attendants) write everybody up for anything and everything. I pray that the pilots' mess forces a separate operation at least for the next several years so I don't have to deal with the west flight attendants. They sound like a bunch of (edited.)

Sorry that you lost your job... BUT why would you post something like this on here? We do not write up our own! Now you have put this in the minds of all EAST FA's and makes it worse for us! Whatever you did, take responsibility unless you in your mind did nothing wrong. I DO NOT condone writing people up but at the same time you need to think about your actions all the time "Would I want to lose my job over this?" Stop pointing fingers.

when i was in phl flying Europe our crew was written up by another flight attendant from a side that will remain nameless for of all things upgrading them to Envoy! They ate drank and were all smiles. Not 10 days later a folded note in our mailbox asking why we moved those nonrevs forward when they didn't purchase an upgrade. I know the people that fly Europe are extreemly careful about taking care of our own now and will only do it if they peronally know them. A few bad apples spoil the lot. It's just not something we have ever dealt with here since I was hired in 89.

Porter, this just makes me want to THROW UP. As a 23 year Westy (hired in '86) I have only heard of a handful of serious FA to FA write ups over the years. I can assure you and everyone one else that we in the West are not write up happy. That having been said, there are always a few individuals on power trips that give the rest of us a bad name. I am so sorry and disappointed to hear this happened to you, regardless of the circumstances.

As an east FA, I know this to be the absolute truth USPHX. I don't believe for one second, nor ever did, that west was "write-up happy." Sure both sides have a few individuals with their own agendas, but there are systems in place to help protect all of us against these people. They are called labor laws and union contracts. I'm sure there is so much more to this than is being revealed on a public message board, assuming for a moment that it is even true.....the original poster is a newbie, only two posts. Why would you all of a sudden post something like this? Let's keep this in perspective and not start an east/west slug fest.

I said I was not going to post on USAV anymore until I saw this thread...

I have NEVER been written up by an East employee, if I was doing something inappropriately they would discreetly inform me, talk to me, or even send me a letter through COMAT...However the West side seems to be "write-em-up happy" as a result of that I am not able to enjoy non-revenue or pass riding benefits on US Airways for any time being...

MY comment to the West...Stop being hypocritical and paranoid of your own management...if all the employees at this company united together...work conditions would improve...unity would be crucial to the survival of this airline...I have flown USAir since 1987 and to this day I miss the old company US Airways...I'm sorry to all of my friends but I even now refuse to book a ticket on US Airways because I have never liked flying on Amateur West or America Worst Airlines due to their overly inflated ego-maniacs, drunken airline management, and incompetent people... Farewell to my friends and of course I never let the bad apples ruin the whole thing so to those good people like N903AW...Baja...AlladinTrays...and anyone else who truly knew me I wish you the best of luck!

I said I was not going to post on USAV anymore until I saw this thread...

Things like this happen, expecially in "difficult" mergers. Back in the US/PI merger there were isolated cases of North employees writing up South crews (and possibly vice versa - in that non-internet age word traveled by crew room talk so you only heard one side).

Jim

I would like to say goodbye to all my fellow USAirways employees. You guys were all wonderful people. I will miss all the memories. Wether East, West, North or South, it was a pleasure flying with everyone and sharing the jumpseat with crews.

I was written up by a West flight attendant who also works for the West AFA union and have lost my job. I don't want to start an East versus West thing because there has been enough of that, but I just want to make sure everyone is aware that the West DOES write their own up, including a Union member who calls himself a "friend" of the flight attendants and thinks he is management. I got writen up by one of my own co workers, it really sucks. Be careful what you say/who you say it to, and the friends you chose to have here. Lots of years with company and all gone because some 5 year reserve is on a power trip. Be careful.

Goodluck to everyone and happy/safe flying. :)

-PorterQ400

Sorry you lost your job. You said you won't go into detail here and that is alright by me, but is the reason you got in trouble due to something that happened within the last week or so or did it happen at the beginning of april?

Was this person who wrote you up a union rep or just an a union member like the rest of us?

C.R.

Sorry that you lost your job... BUT why would you post something like this on here? We do not write up our own! Now you have put this in the minds of all EAST FA's and makes it worse for us! Whatever you did, take responsibility unless you in your mind did nothing wrong. I DO NOT condone writing people up but at the same time you need to think about your actions all the time "Would I want to lose my job over this?" Stop pointing fingers.
Sorry but I have been hearing for the last year that the West f/a's love to write each other up...
That is not how we work here on the East. When there is a serious infraction usually that person constantly making them does himself in on his own...
I hope that the rumor of the West f/'a writing up their own is not true...

I was written up by a West flight attendant who also works for the West AFA union and have lost my job. ... ... ... I got writen up by one of my own co workers, it really sucks. Be careful what you say/who you say it to, and the friends you chose to have here. Lots of years with company and all gone because some 5 year reserve is on a power trip. Be careful.
So you admit that you did something wrong, got caught / were written up and subsequently fired. But ofcourse it isn't your fault you got fired. Do the words / phrase personal responsibility mean anything?

Snitching occurs in every workplace everywhere around the world. Watch yourself because there is always a snitch. The snitch is ubiquitous.

As far as US Airways, I have worked with east and west fleet and they all snitch but I must admit that us westies are worse. Perhaps this is because snitching was rewarded by management and peer pressure against snitching was practically nonexistant.

At PHX we had a lead (a steward) who would snitch any infraction and create a huge drama in the process. He would then "represent" the individual when they were called to the carpet.

We have a lead here who e-mails snitches. This is an east station. It happens everywhere.

Gotta watch your back in this industry. Lots of folks want to see you gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts