Be careful what you say on this board...

safety stud

Senior
Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
Over the past few years of reading and responding to this message board, it has become quite obvious the company reads this. Some would say it is a good thing. They would hear our complaints and know how we feel. Yet the true problem with this is the fact there isn't a forum that is closed to the company. Having the company know how you feel doesn't allow the negotiators to negotiate a contract to it's true ability.

It doesn't matter if you are a pilot, flight attendant, mechanic, gate agent, whatever, the company doens't have to know how you feel. They can see it easily by looking at the on time performance... The passenger complaints... The ratings of the DOT...etc. This is a powerful tool the company can use against any union when they know the division of the parties, the willingness to let things happen, and the dispairity of the ones involved. Showing all your cards at a poker party won't win you much money...

This message board does have its inherent value in that it allows all parties to vent. However, with the lack of negotiating, the sheer length of time since the merger and NO synergy, and the unwillingness of the company to progress it's negotiations will plague long and hard if the parties involved just talk and don't act.

Be careful what you say here....

Just my opinion...

Last time I checked this was still America and if we want to complain about the company we can do it anytime we want.

Doug and company can go pound salt.

HQ has never been a fan of employee input, and middle managers will make your life a living he// if you go over their heads.

Many a wily employee has resorted to this board to get the word out.

The thread initiator has a point. I'm sure Glass&co. read these threads licking their chops: "We can punk these unionistas at will!"

I view that as a union shortcoming, because none of them did an adequate job during the BK's.

No strike prep, no solidarity, etc. Management was able to divide each union against the other and create internal union dissent.

No need to blame management - that's what you expect them to do. Blame union leadership, because except for Teddy X., there wasn't any.

Anywhere.

Now it looks like history is repeating itself, and so far, management is winning.

your right we SHOULD be carefull what we say on this board , i certainly wouldn't want managment to discover that i secretly love my job and in fact would work for free. i mean i'm pretty close to working for free right now as it is , but still , shhhh don't tell .

f :censored: k it. Let them read and weep. We have somthing is this country which is called freedom of speech!! All I have to say is mean what you say and don't bulls :censored: t . As long as you are real (which I know there are a few fakers out there) you are good.

justaumechanic and Grounded Boricua,

A word of caution. Don't misunderstand the constitutional "freedom of speech" thing. The Constitution only keeps the government from restraining your speech. A private party (such as LCC, a private employer) is not restrained by the Constitution. Therefore, there is no "freedom of speech" right at issue should LCC discipline someone for posting on the internet.

They can't be reading this. NOTHING has changed. :up:
Good answer---if they truly were reading and understanding it then they would have a pulse on how things are going at this company.
Instead, they needed to hire two outside consulting firms......perhaps someone should send Dougie the URL for this board. ;)

Good answer---if they truly were reading and understanding it then they would have a pulse on how things are going at this company.
Instead, they needed to hire two outside consulting firms......perhaps someone should send Dougie the URL for this board. ;)

I really like this particular movie screen.......

Misc_011.jpg

Yes, it is for real ..... <sigh>

They could not even bother to line up the paper .......... I mean, is this not a fire hazard, much less reflecting the pathetic POS people running this poor excuse for an airline?

I'd say, firing them is way too simple. Anyone got rope?

My question. Why did the flight crew even take the aircraft? It looks pretty irresponsible to me.

OBTW, what is the max duty time for a three man crew? That particular crew said it was 18 hours, contractual. I think that is wrong.

Where are the Feds when you need them?

:up: who cares if they read it, the truth hurts
EXACTLY! Like I give a good sh*t what Parker and his Bandits think. They run a p*ss poor operation and I'LL TELL it to ANYONE that I WANT TO. They may censure in China but that crap doesn't work over here.