Behold........The first AA A319

How is it possible to go from having one of the most iconic and classy logos to the ugliest airplane paint job on the planet? Sarcasm intended.

Reactions: 2 people
Please tell me there is rumor going around that DP is going to change this livery when US/AA merge.

Someone recently posted (here or on Flyertalk, I don't remember which) that Doug Parker will want to pee on everything and leave his mark, so it's pretty likely that he'll change the livery. Some will respond that "it's only paint on the exterior of the planes" but the employees will remember that Horton selected the design around Christmas, 2011, from two choices given to him by the marketing firm, and those employees are bitter enough without daily reminders of Horton's ugly paint job.

Reactions: 1 person
I have only seen it on the 737's, and didn't really care for it at all. Looking at it on the 319 is brutal, its got to go.

Word on the street says the paint job stays. Parker is likely to add something to signify USAir's legacy.

Anyone notice the "German" Flag on the vertical? ------- Nice touch! And "American" Flag next to the German registry?

thats bec the plane is under going tests before its officially delivered to aa just prior to delivery theyll change that registry to the aa register

Horrible ...

I hope the customer service will not drop to the level of US. I noticed over the years a big difference between AA and US in how the customer was treated. DP is going to have to be putting the customer first if this merger is going to work.
If the new livery is the worst of this merger, I can take it.,but it sure is ugly. Is it true airbus planes cannot be polished aluminum?
I will miss the distinctive look of the silver birds.