Ben Carson Is Not Even Seriously Running for President

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
This would explain a lot: (If not liking a candidate makes one a racist here's one from another racist conservative):

Last week, I noted with amazement Ben Carsons continuing baffling ignorance on basic issues. I was not talking about the gotcha stuff from the media about guns or Muslims or whatever the latest thing theyre trying to pin on him is, but on basic stuff like the difference between the budget and the debt, what his own tax plan might look like, whether the minimum wage should be raised, and so on. Actual, substantive things that any person who is running for President should be prepared with a basic answer for.

At the time, I wondered why such an obviously smart man had not spent any of the time available to him since 2013 engaged in basic study of the issues, and suggested that it indicated a lack of diligence on his part...

Now it becomes much clearer the reason Carson hasnt even cared to study the issues is because hes not even seriously running for President. Hes merely using his Presidential campaign as a vehicle to sell more books:

Republican presidential contender Dr. Ben Carson has put his public campaign events on hold for two more weeks to go on book tour for his new tome A More Perfect Union and catch up on fundraising events.

If Ben Carson wanted the job of being President, there is no way that a book tour would prevent him from doing everything in his power to expand his campaign right now and to take over the lead for good from Donald Trump. He would be using these two weeks to do as many in person appearances as possible appearances which have, by and large, been responsible for his surge in the polls to date.

I have suspected from the beginning that Ben Carson was using this Presidential campaign to raise his personal profile so that he could provide himself with a more comfortable retirement on the book writing and FoxNews pundit circuit and thats perfectly fine and I dont begrudge him that. Good for him for realizing that Mike Huckabee was a pretty shrewd businessman in 2008.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/10/15/ben-carson-even-seriously-running-president/

Reactions: 1 person
Hatu said:
This would explain a lot: (If not liking a candidate makes one a racist here's one from another racist conservative):

Last week, I noted with amazement Ben Carsons continuing baffling ignorance on basic issues. I was not talking about the gotcha stuff from the media about guns or Muslims or whatever the latest thing theyre trying to pin on him is, but on basic stuff like the difference between the budget and the debt, what his own tax plan might look like, whether the minimum wage should be raised, and so on. Actual, substantive things that any person who is running for President should be prepared with a basic answer for.

At the time, I wondered why such an obviously smart man had not spent any of the time available to him since 2013 engaged in basic study of the issues, and suggested that it indicated a lack of diligence on his part...

Now it becomes much clearer the reason Carson hasnt even cared to study the issues is because hes not even seriously running for President. Hes merely using his Presidential campaign as a vehicle to sell more books:

Republican presidential contender Dr. Ben Carson has put his public campaign events on hold for two more weeks to go on book tour for his new tome A More Perfect Union and catch up on fundraising events.

If Ben Carson wanted the job of being President, there is no way that a book tour would prevent him from doing everything in his power to expand his campaign right now and to take over the lead for good from Donald Trump. He would be using these two weeks to do as many in person appearances as possible appearances which have, by and large, been responsible for his surge in the polls to date.

I have suspected from the beginning that Ben Carson was using this Presidential campaign to raise his personal profile so that he could provide himself with a more comfortable retirement on the book writing and FoxNews pundit circuit and thats perfectly fine and I dont begrudge him that. Good for him for realizing that Mike Huckabee was a pretty shrewd businessman in 2008.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/10/15/ben-carson-even-seriously-running-president/

Are you worried?

You should be....

Are you worried?

You should be....
Not worried at all. It would explain, though, how one can be so ignorant of the issues on one hand and a brilliant pediatric neurosurgeon on the other.

Hatu said:
Not worried at all. It would explain, though, how one can be so ignorant of the issues on one hand and a brilliant pediatric neurosurgeon on the other.
Welp....you guys have Bernie......so.....

CRa3Oq-WcAg__zi.jpg

Pretty sure his views on scientific theories had already put him out of the running with all but the most ignorant of voters (of which there afe plenty), the fact that he has no plans or ideas only confirms it.

Ms Tree said:
Pretty sure his views on scientific theories had already put him out of the running with all but the most ignorant of voters (of which there afe plenty), the fact that he has no plans or ideas only confirms it.
Says the guy who cant even make a coherent sentence.

Reactions: 1 person
Ms Tree said:
According to a piece I read the republican and the dems should be very concerned.  Sanders is first to have over 1,000,000 donors.   He is the only viable candidate with no super PAC and he is bring in really money.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/30/bernie-sanders-has-become-the-first-candidate-to-reach-a-million-donations-this-year-says-his-campaign/

So yea, I think they are scared.

But Trump, Carson and Fiorina don't count?

Politifake.org -- Daily Doses of Political Parody

Actually hyperbole and outright lies

There's a great news source for ya'

Explains a lot

Reactions: 2 people
Ifly2 said:
Politifake.org -- Daily Doses of Political Parody
Actually hyperbole and outright lies
There's a great news source for ya'
Explains a lot
Truth hurts eh buttercup?