Bend Over Everyone

If what I'm hearing is true, the changes the company wants will be QUITE shocking and a hard dose of reality. One need only look at what US Airways is demanding from their employees to see where we're all headed.

That's impressive. Just as I predicted, after the election this will all start.

So for a summary:

- 9% pay cut Jan. 1

- Holidays go from 10 to 6, with straight time for holidays worked. No more 2.5 times standard rate of pay.

- Vacation capped at 20 days after 10 years. I'm sure people will love that they didn't change the rate of accrual, beginning your 5th year you get 15 days.

- Sick time paid at 70% of standard pay, must use sick time for FMLA.

- Right to furlough without regard to their seniority date.

- Heavy maintenance may be performed at non-US locations.

- Pension deleted, new DC plan outlined which will replace Success Sharing

- Medical: PPO will be 20% of company cost, HMO will be 30% of company cost.

- Eliminate life insurance for employees and retirees.

I am surprised that they didn't throw in the clause about re-hiring furloughed employees at the bottom of the pay scale like at USAIR. Could you imagine being re-called and told that you’re back at the bottom of the ladder again? AMAZING, I wouldn't have ever voted for any crap like that. Hold your ground and shut 'em down. UniTED management will NEVER intelligently run that place, that's why I cut and ran when I had the chance. It was doomed from 9/11 and beyond!

Of course you want us to shut it down....geez are you transparent Fish. Go whack off at someones elses piss pot.

Question? Why does Fish alway spell United like UniTED? Does he think that's cute or does he just like advertising Ted for us? If the latter, thanks Fish.

Fish, while it's quite easy to see that your hatred for United is genuine, your calls to "shut the place down" are about as legitimate as the 2000 Election! You no longer have a fist in this fight. Instead, enjoy your Great Xmas while you can because Frontier is gonna have to make changes as well. How long do you think they're insulated against $50-60 dollar a barrel oil prices? Don't be surprised if your work begins to get farmed out over time.

JungleClone said:
How long do you think they're insulated against $50-60 dollar a barrel oil prices? Don't be surprised if your work begins to get farmed out over time.
[post="198198"][/post]​
I read in USA Today that at least one analyst expects oil to settle at about 40$/bbl. If true, then UAL is way overeaching in it's demands. Maybe Fish has a point?

I'll be voting NO as a matter of principle, no ifs ands or buts. I won't willingly be a party to this company's further annihilation of my contract, my job or my union. It ain't worth it no more.

And no, I won't leave before I'm ready...so save your keystrokes.

Last week there was an article about Titlton in the papers. How UA was mis-managed how good a manager he is bla bla bla. All this led upto this.

They want us to take a paycut, lose our pensions and have more work rule related changes. For What? Titlton promises to take a 15% cut as well, you know he will make it up another way. I can't write the words to decribe him.

All this company has to do is raise fares. Let the chip fall where they may. How many billions has this company went through the last 4 years and two years of them were Tilton's.

I will vote NO.

NO TO PAYCUTS, NO THIS TIME. This was his business plan all along.

uafa21,
Floated your resume around lately? Still not a great job market out there. Some times it is better to fight another day then go on unemployment.

herkav8r said:
uafa21,
Floated your resume around lately? Still not a great job market out there. Some times it is better to fight another day then go on unemployment.
[post="198248"][/post]​
But don't you know, we've got a great economy according to the Dick.

VOTE NO!

mrfish3726 said:
I am surprised that they didn't throw in the clause about re-hiring furloughed employees at the bottom of the pay scale like at USAIR. Could you imagine being re-called and told that you’re back at the bottom of the ladder again? AMAZING, I wouldn't have ever voted for any crap like that. Hold your ground and shut 'em down. UniTED management will NEVER intelligently run that place, that's why I cut and ran when I had the chance. It was doomed from 9/11 and beyond!
[post="198135"][/post]​
Only for those with less than six years senority!

Latest posts