Benefits for 1Ks being eliminated

chexfan

Aug 20, 2002
www.miketown.com
*No more same day changes for 1Ks (S*MPI/100K.U)... [:((]
*1K Lounges in IAD, ORD, DEN, SFO, SEA, & LAX being eliminated... [:(]
Why do I have a feeling that these changes are only the tip of the iceberg...? [:knockout:]

I hate to agree with Gordon Bethune, but as he said, it's an industry run by stupid people.[:blackeye:]

Take a look over at the US Airways board. They've just instituted even more severe restrictions on their very best customers. Doesn't seen very bright to me.

It looks like the big boys are gravitating to the low cost model more each day. They can't and never will be able to compete on cost, but now they want to eliminate those things which distinguish them from the low cost carriers. Punitive measures aimed at your best customers is a sure recipe for disaster.

It would appear that all of the observations here about what idiots are in charge manifest themselves more each day.

----------------
On 8/28/2002 1:30:36 AM

It looks like the big boys are gravitating to the low cost model more each day. They can't and never will be able to compete on cost, but now they want to eliminate those things which distinguish them from the low cost carriers. Punitive measures aimed at your best customers is a sure recipe for disaster.
----------------
Very Well said MrMarky!

----------------
On 8/28/2002 10:38:09 AM

Are '1Ks' UAL's 'best' customers?
----------------

If your aquestion is are they they highest level, then the answer is no, 1K million is (over a mill miles). But all of our customers are our "best" customers [:bigsmile:]

While I think US Airways' moves are stupid beyond belief, and while I don't like UA's move, I can see the benefits of this decision, designed to cut costs and increase revenue (change fees). But UA had better be careful that it does not send more revenue to AA than it saved in costs and collect in change fees.[:blackeye:]

Sorry Busdrvr.... 1K is 100,000 miles.... million miles a year works out to 2739 miles a day/365 days. That customer we would probably have to carry on and off the plane by about mid-January. [;)]

----------------
On 8/28/2002 10:21:13 PM

Sorry Busdrvr.... 1K is 100,000 miles.... million miles a year works out to 2739 miles a day/365 days. That customer we would probably have to carry on and off the plane by about mid-January. [;)]
----------------

Not a yearly total, but a lifetime total. and yes they have more miles than some of our airplanes. Trust me, "1K million" is the pinacle. I think our old buddy from Sydney is one. Where is Glen anyway!! What an unfair world, we keep Avek and lose Glen!![;)]

----------------
On 8/29/2002 10:26:50 AM

I would be surprised if Glen was not a million miler.

My Dad is one, and earned them all after he survived a UA crash.

Chex how long till you are a MMer?
----------------
Our ozzie pal Glen, I am nearly sure, is not a Milion Miler.

As for me, I've only been flying UA since Oct2000. 310k in 22 months... and that's only with one trip on UA in the last 5 months! [:0]

----------------
On 8/30/2002 1:56:48 AM

"Someone called? ...................... ;)"

Welcome back!!!

"Nope not a MM yet with UA, Only about half way there. I am prone to infidelity. 5 years with CO, then the same with NW/KLM, and also QF etc."

What are you waiting for, we need the revenue!!!

"And if UA keeps on this path Air NZ looks awful tempting for 2004, although I am a 1K already this year, so what a waste that will be. [:0]"
----------------

Stay with us!! those NZ guys are "anti-Assie" [;)] . We're just flying through a Cat 5 thunderstorm right now, once we poke through to the other side, things will be much smoother!! (maybe with a little Hail damage[:0] )

Someone called? ...................... ;)

What's with this new board and taking half an hour to be able to post? And going back to a newbie post No#1 is humbling.

Nope not a MM yet with UA, Only about half way there. I am prone to infidelity. 5 years with CO, then the same with NW/KLM, and also QF etc.

And if UA keeps on this path Air NZ looks awful tempting for 2004, although I am a 1K already this year, so what a waste that will be. [:0]

Busdrvr .. thanks for the positive comments, and yes, this 1K is not going anywhere for a while, and Joh goes where I go - she is a 1K too. We flew 30,000 miles on UA in a week mid month, so we are doing our tiny bit for you guys working there.

[:bigsmile:] [:bigsmile:] [:bigsmile:] [:bigsmile:]

For all the 1Ks out there -- consider signing up on this 1K Bulletin Board that will allow us to pass on our comments to UAL:

www.1Kflyers.com