Best Us Airways Fare? Try United

Justme

Veteran
Feb 29, 2004
A ticket purchased online Friday for a round trip today between Charlotte and Lynchburg, Va., cost $490 more from US Airways than from United.

and

US Airways, which filed for bankruptcy protection Sept. 12, has said it is losing customers to other airlines because its prices are too high and its fare structure is Byzantine.

and

Because US Airways collects the revenue from tickets sold by United for seats on US Airways flights, it loses money each time United sells a cheaper ticket.

by
BINYAMIN APPELBAUM
Staff Writer, The Charlotte Observer
Full Article (free registration required)

I know this has been discussed before, but here it is again.

jm

I just don't get it. US says it's aware of the problem and is working on it. You know, it's crap like this that drives passengers away and the company ADMITS it! It costs us untold millions in lost revenue, but they don't seem to be in hurry to change this and other inefficiencies in the way they operate the company. All they seem to know how to do is point the finger at labor costs. It's inefficient management of the company such as this that makes me realize that the employees at US Airways could work for free and the morons that pretend to run this operation would STILL lose money!

Oh good lord, they check fares on one market and declare that US has higher fares than UA all over the place. Ridiculous. This happens all the time with codeshares. And it happens to both parties. It happens to AA/AS, to NW/CO/DL, and to UA/US. It isn't news.

Latest posts