Big News In Stl?

TWAB717

Oct 19, 2002
Hi Delta people. I heard on the local STL news tonight that Delta is planning a big ribbon cutting announcement tommorow (11-4) in STL. They would not give details as to what it was about, but did say all the local leaders would be present. Anyone have an idea as to what they might be announcing?

Jeeze, things must be pretty bad in STL if the local officials come out for a ribbon cutting for a whopping 2x daily RJ service to SLC.

Yeah, I had already heard that announcement or rumor awhile back. I was hoping for some MAJOR announcement! Oh well.

DLFlyer31 said:
Jeeze, things must be pretty bad in STL if the local officials come out for a ribbon cutting for a whopping 2x daily RJ service to SLC.
Lets put it this way.....After loosing major hub status they have a low threshold of excitement. Nothing against the added DL service. The city is currently working on a proposal to Frontier, will be interesting to see what comes of that.

desertfox said:
Lets put it this way.....After loosing major hub status they have a low threshold of excitement. Nothing against the added DL service. The city is currently working on a proposal to Frontier, will be interesting to see what comes of that.
Today WN announced nonstops to LAX and FLL (but not until March). That must've really crossed the STL folks' excitement threshhold...