Big News

avek00

Senior
Aug 28, 2002
My guess is that United will announce the closure of the IND maintenance base, and will move some of the MX work to US' PIT base.

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/15/2003 8:22:09 AM avek00 wrote: [BR][BR]My guess is that United will announce the closure of the IND maintenance base, and will move some of the MX work to US' PIT base.----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]where?we got all the available hangars.didn't they do 'buses at IND?

Last night on the 6 O''Clock news County Executive Jim Roddy in Pittsburgh stated that next week Dave Seigel would be announcing some good news for the Pittsburgh Airport, USAirways and United Airlines.
Anybody have any clue what the good news might be ?

Sounds like a possibility considering the USAirways portion of that base is due to close. Maybe more maintenance jobs are headed this way for both USAirways and United.

Maybe it's the EXPECTED news of afiliation with the STAR alliance. Just my guess, but he did say it would be in 2003....It would also allow UAL to close the IND base and move the work to PIT, along with Lufthansa, etc.

I am guessing that UAL is pulling out of Pit because of the codeshare and that U will be taking over their gates on the C concourse. Just what we need....more spare gates.

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/15/2003 8:55:33 AM oldiebutgoody wrote: [BR][BR]Maybe it's the EXPECTED news of afiliation with the STAR alliance. Just my guess, but he did say it would be in 2003....It would also allow UAL to close the IND base and move the work to PIT, along with Lufthansa, etc.----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]hmmmm...tomorrow the lease is up on the pit test cell.....hmmmm...lufthansa was here several months ago and looked long and hard...hmmm.
c work...i'm sure their union would flip.besides we're bare bonz in wrench dept.

Isnt tomorrow the big date w/the bankruptcy judge? My guess it will be the announcemnt of MidAtlantic. Who knows?[BR]

Light Years,

There are a number of strategic initiatives that are concurrently moving forward. I suspect there will be a number of announcements forthcoming that could include firm RJ orders, MidAtlantic start up, the Star alliance, further UA integration, the pension resolution, mainline station changes, etc.

There are a number of factors outside the company's control that will drive the announcement timeline.

Chip

Here it is:

Dateline Jan. 16, 2003 - Pittsburgh.

USAirways today announced that beginning in March all PIT based employees will be required to make weekly payments to RSA to continue to have the privilege of working for USAirways. All United employees will be required to do the same to their DIP financing source. The payments will range from 300 to 2000 dollars per week depending on job classification. Further, the PIT airport and Allegheny County will be required to submit weekly payments to RSA so that flights may continue serving the PIT airport. Those payments will be negotiated but in no case will be less than 300 dollars per flight per week.

Additionally, All USAirways employees (not just the PIT people) will be required to make the same weekly payments effective in April. In May those employees will be required to make payments to all USAirways Vice Presidents and higher in addition to providing weekly use of their first born children to perform janitorial tasks at the homes of the VP's. Any excess children will be required to do the same duties at the ATSB directors homes as well as the homes of the RSA board of directors.

The President of USAirways said these payments and servitude are new requirements from the RSA and ATSB to access the loan guarantees to emerge from C11 in March. "If we don't emerge by March, the sun will come crashing into the earth and USAirways, as we know it, will cease to exist."

As for the pilots: The PBGC has required the wives of all pilots to become maids for the board in order for the allowance of the negotiated delay in funding the pension. Also each pilot must purchase a new Mercedes for each teacher in Alabama so that RSA will give the money to get out of C11 before March. RSA has stated that the moon will hit the earth sometime in April if USAirways delays its exit from C11 and will cease to exist once the moon hits the earth. The pilots have been given a list of the eligible teachers.

In a related story Dave Siegle is announcing he has signed a contract with Dreamworks SKG to star in an upcoming comedy film called "Labor Friendly Dave" co-starring Ben Baldanza and Michelle Bryan. It is rumored that Seth Schofield and Stephen Wolf are also in the picture. Rakesh Gangwal declined an offer to make a cameo appearance.