Pack your bags kids....
Customer Service Agent
Company: US Airways
Salary/Wage: 8.86 - 8.86 USD /hour

Shift: Rotating
Job Category: Customer Service and Call Center
Career Level: Entry Level
Education Level: High School or equivalent

Use the employer's preferred method to send your resume - click Apply Now!

Job Description
Requirements
 You must be customer service oriented and able to interact with customers and fellow employees in a professional manner.
 You must be able to lift up to 70lbs.
 You must be comfortable using a computer and keyboard.
 You will be required to pass a background, drug and fingerprint screening, as well as a physical capacity screening.

Hours
 The hours of this position will vary.
 This position will be full or part time.
 Full time means eight (8) hour shifts and part time typically means four (4) hour shifts, however there are locations where part-time shifts could be slightly longer (4.5 to 5 hours).
 Your shifts will be rebid on average every three (3) months.
 The shifts could start anytime from 5AM to 1AM.
 Due to the changes with the position hours and shifts, there is little flexibility to meet outside schedule constraints

Salary
 $8.86 per hour
 You will be paid for training.

Training
 You will be required to attend four (4) weeks of training either in Pittsburgh, PA or Charlotte, NC.
 You will leave for training on Sundays and return home on Friday evenings. Class is conducted on a Monday through Friday schedule.
 Air transportation will be provided to and from the training location.
 You will stay in a hotel at the Company’s expense
 You will be given a per diem of $23.00 per day while in training to cover the cost of meals. You will be responsible for purchasing your own meals while away at training and will be reimbursed at the rate of $23.00 per day for each day of training. Per diem reimbursement is paid in one lump sum at the end of training.
 You will be required to pass tests during the training. If you do not successfully complete training, you will not be offered a position.
 Actual job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of training and the needs of the company.
 Dress code for training is business casual.

Uniforms
You will be responsible for purchasing the initial basic uniform pieces, except where laws require the Company to pay for costs of providing and replacing uniforms. Payroll deductions in the amount of $10.00 per pay period for full-time employees, and $5.50 per pay period for part-time employees will be made for purchase of basic issue uniform items.

Appearance Standards
You will be required to adhere to US Airways professional appearance standards for uniformed employees. You may be requested to make changes in your personal grooming and appearance (e.g., hairstyle, makeup, and nails) in order to conform with these standards and to maintain a crisp, professional, and polished image.

US AIRWAYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V.

Management is advising that this is for airport not reservations?? Some crap about monster.com put a generic title on the posting. Sure seems like a reservations Call Center to me. Anyone else hearing anything?????????

If you look at the monster.com website, you'll see that they list Customer Service and Call Center as one job function for ALL of their listings in these categories. I've been checking monster for quite a while now and they lump both call centers in/out and anything that is a customer service oriented within this category. :shock: Nothing sinister with this listing on monster.com
PS- Might want to start checking it out on a regular basis for yourselves anyway. :p

I would not laugh so hard at the concept, with PIT "downsizing", not that hard to imagine a move of RIDC over to AL. Res centers, even Crystal City could be moved their to save a ton of cash and make the RSA happy.

AL Tax breaks, Bama kicking in cash to help pay for it, blah blah blah. Not such an unlikely concept if u think it over a bit.

Rico said:
I would not laugh so hard at the concept, with PIT "downsizing", not that hard to imagine a move of RIDC over to AL. Res centers, even Crystal City could be moved their to save a ton of cash and make the RSA happy.

AL Tax breaks, Bama kicking in cash to help pay for it, blah blah blah. Not such an unlikely concept if u think it over a bit.
they don't have the cash... PERIOD .

An Alabama resident tells me that there's a sign on a construction site in front of a new 30 + story high rise that says "future site of US Airways call center."

Not only is delldude correct, but they are way beyond worrying about something that is truly trivial and are in the total panic mode wondering which button to push because the ship is breaking apart at the seams.

My prediction is: I already said this airline will disappear, well I'll amend my vision little; This airline if it exists at all, it will be a former shell of itself with old worn out employees working who can't afford to retire because their pensions are gone, OR this airline will be dissolved into many different airlines with the vultures picking out the good chucks of meat and leaving the rest of the carcass to rot.

gso-crew said:
An Alabama resident tells me that there's a sign on a construction site in front of a new 30 + story high rise that says "future site of US Airways call center."
Wow, that is quite an assertation. "An Alabama resident", is this Alabama resident someone you know? Someone reliable? Could you get the Alabama resident to give you an address so this claim can verified? I think it is pretty irresponsible to post a claim like this on this board if there is no truth to it. Why don't you call the resident, get the address and have them take a picture of this sign and post it. I am not saying what you say isn't true, it just seems you post it so casually and then offer no proof and people on this board seem to take rumors and run with them. Please substantuate your claim.