Black doctor claims discrimination by airline during flight emergency

Hello and greetings to all the wonderful Black/African American medical professionals out there!

I am a clinical psychologist (Psy.D), and while I would obviously not respond to a medical emergency, I feel your frustration. I am also "young in appearance" and have gotten similar responses from patients, colleagues, and persons making racist overtures! All too often it gets swept under the rug. Thank you for taking to social media and standing up to isms! It's only by lifting our voices that we can crush the isms!

Dr. G.
Professionally licensed
DC, MD, and VA

Ahhh...the infamous race card is played once again.
Unless the crew said, "No, you can't help because you are black", this is a non-story and just someone using their race to push a personal agenda.

Reactions: metopower
Delta Air Lines Changes Policy after Black Doctor was Stopped from Helping on Flight

“As part of the review, Delta found that there is no legal or regulatory requirement upon the airline to view medical professional credentials,” the statement continued. “And, as it becomes more and more common for medical licenses to be verified online, physicians and nurses often do not carry a license with them and some states no longer issue wallet versions.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...-flight/ar-BBxpnUF?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp